Development Q&A - September & October/2015

Nymunne
Former Staff

Re: Development Q&A

#16 » Post by Nymunne » 03 Sep 2015 12:04

I wouldn't want that combat remove option to players simply because it can be easy abused in some cases. Those Npcs are part of the event so i don't think they can be marked as non-combat. And there are always GMs online if not in-game then on IRC so you can always make a ticket about combat bug because you know we usually clear it out of players in ICC / Ulduar when something bugs. For the rest I will let Nyeriah reply cause I don't really know dev stuff. :P

cherno666

#17 » Post by cherno666 » 03 Sep 2015 13:04

Nymunne wrote:I wouldn't want that combat remove option to players simply because it can be easy abused in some cases. Those Npcs are part of the event so i don't think they can be marked as non-combat. And there are always GMs online if not in-game then on IRC so you can always make a ticket about combat bug because you know we usually clear it out of players in ICC / Ulduar when something bugs. For the rest I will let Nyeriah reply cause I don't really know dev stuff. :P
the key word is ''usually'' , there has been a lot of cases of me or some1 from raid having opened ticket for like 30-40 mins and spaming irc chat , and that is annoying...

I'm not talking about times that GM is online and comes to clear it cause np then , but when you are stuck at vdw and sindy and other bosses in cb its really fucked up.

Maybe add some check for clearing combat after passing certan area and make it non abusable?

For example player who passes gates in vdw room /sindy room /fester room etc has cleared combat? that way its automatic and nonabusable
Chernoo - lvl 80 MM Hunter (Main Char)
Eviltities - lvl 80 DK Tonk
Cherniggar - lvl 80 UH DK
Chernomoffo - lvl 80 Shadow Priest
Chernokingg - lvl 80 Disc Priest
Chernobull - lvl 80 Boomie/Feral Dps Druid
Chernomoo - lvl 80 Boomie/Resto Druid
Hollyboner - lvl 80 ProtHoly/Ret Paladin
Hollycherno - lvl 80 Prot/Holy Paladin
Belewonnabe - lvl 80 Prot/Ret Paladin
Chernobylus - lvl 80 Demo Warlock
Evilsmile - lvl 80 Demo Warlock
Onlyforbl - lvl 80 Resto/Ele Shaman
Friedpan - lvl 80 FFB Mage
Chermoo - lvl 80 Fury/Prot Warrior

*Proudly Married to Liqueur*

cherno666

#18 » Post by cherno666 » 03 Sep 2015 13:07

or make croc and tirion get combat cleared automaticly let's say 5 mins after their script is trigered?
Chernoo - lvl 80 MM Hunter (Main Char)
Eviltities - lvl 80 DK Tonk
Cherniggar - lvl 80 UH DK
Chernomoffo - lvl 80 Shadow Priest
Chernokingg - lvl 80 Disc Priest
Chernobull - lvl 80 Boomie/Feral Dps Druid
Chernomoo - lvl 80 Boomie/Resto Druid
Hollyboner - lvl 80 ProtHoly/Ret Paladin
Hollycherno - lvl 80 Prot/Holy Paladin
Belewonnabe - lvl 80 Prot/Ret Paladin
Chernobylus - lvl 80 Demo Warlock
Evilsmile - lvl 80 Demo Warlock
Onlyforbl - lvl 80 Resto/Ele Shaman
Friedpan - lvl 80 FFB Mage
Chermoo - lvl 80 Fury/Prot Warrior

*Proudly Married to Liqueur*

Nymunne
Former Staff

#19 » Post by Nymunne » 03 Sep 2015 13:38

cherno666 wrote:or make croc and tirion get combat cleared automaticly let's say 5 mins after their script is trigered?
I guess you should open a suggestion about this so we don't talk about it in another topic. As for the "key word" well I guess bad luck when everyone is just AFK D:

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#20 » Post by Hansrutger » 03 Sep 2015 16:11

When someone was dropped in retail by a val'kyr and they for instance let's say a hunter tries to disengage but fails. His body keeps moving toward the direction he disengaged to. Once LK is on 10% and has done his roleplay, the player doesn't get resurrected by has to reload and get summoned. Was this same thing that happened on retail or is this more of a server bug?
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

lollypop

#21 » Post by lollypop » 03 Sep 2015 17:46

Epic Q&A...really got to know all i wanted about where the server is heading in the future....

Myaoming
Former Staff

#22 » Post by Myaoming » 06 Sep 2015 20:13

What's the reason behind the recent lags? And what's the reason behind the recent crashes?
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Nyeriah

#23 » Post by Nyeriah » 06 Sep 2015 21:02

I know what's causing the crashes, but crash reasons are not something to be made public.

Recent lags? If you do .server info you can see the update diff. At average it stays at 80, naturally it'll spike at 100-120 which is fine. Constantly being at over 100 means the server is having hardware lag, which does not happen unless a core update is ongoing, which then will cause it to spike over 4k more likely.

If you're referring to network lag (which I assume not) then I guess you should already know we don't really have a lot of control over that. Could be bad routing, or whatever.

Saddie

#24 » Post by Saddie » 06 Sep 2015 22:35

Hansrutger wrote:When someone was dropped in retail by a val'kyr and they for instance let's say a hunter tries to disengage but fails. His body keeps moving toward the direction he disengaged to. Once LK is on 10% and has done his roleplay, the player doesn't get resurrected by has to reload and get summoned. Was this same thing that happened on retail or is this more of a server bug?

Might want to rephrase that if you expect an answer mate, it didn't make much sense

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#25 » Post by Hansrutger » 07 Sep 2015 08:54

Saddie wrote:
Hansrutger wrote:When someone was dropped in retail by a val'kyr and they for instance let's say a hunter tries to disengage but fails. His body keeps moving toward the direction he disengaged to. Once LK is on 10% and has done his roleplay, the player doesn't get resurrected by has to reload and get summoned. Was this same thing that happened on retail or is this more of a server bug?

Might want to rephrase that if you expect an answer mate, it didn't make much sense
Player A is a huntard.
Player A gets grabbed by val'kyr.
Player A disengages AWAY from platform, making his body move away from platform
Player A is sad because he is too far away to get a ressurection from High Lord Tirion.

Did same thing happen on retail?

And really the text didn't make any sense? -.-' I just said same thing just made structure different. I think people are just too lazy to read. -.-' or maybe people haven't done LK recently lol.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

Wilcox

#26 » Post by Wilcox » 07 Sep 2015 08:58

it still doesn't make sense, but you're asking if a hunter will get resurrected by TERENAS after disengaging into a fall off the platform? yes he should get resurrected if that's the case, at least last week I got resurrected when a val'kyr dropped me. it's the same fall, simple physics yo, you should get resurrected then

Nyeriah

#27 » Post by Nyeriah » 07 Sep 2015 09:00

He's asking if the player is dropped facing the platform, which then, would cause disengaging to drop you back into the platform.

I honestly have no ideas. Haven't done it on retail in a group.

Wilcox

#28 » Post by Wilcox » 07 Sep 2015 09:01

oh, I see now, apologies

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#29 » Post by Hansrutger » 07 Sep 2015 09:11

Okay my bad, I didn't make any sense. I'll try to show the issue with my awesome photoshop skillz.

This player will get resurrected because he is dropped down on the place at number 1. He didn't move after the val'kyr dropped him, he just accepted the fact that he will get dropped.

This player will not be ressurected because at point 1 he used some spell to move further away from platform and will end up far far far away from the platform at point 2.

Question: Why doesn't the second player get resurrected too?

Really hope it made it more clear D:
Retired

Saddie

#30 » Post by Saddie » 07 Sep 2015 09:15

Hansrutger wrote:Okay my bad, I didn't make any sense. I'll try to show the issue with my awesome photoshop skillz.

This player will get resurrected because he is dropped down on the place at number 1. He didn't move after the val'kyr dropped him, he just accepted the fact that he will get dropped.

This player will not be ressurected because at point 1 he used some spell to move further away from platform and will end up far far far away from the platform at point 2.

Question: Why doesn't the second player get resurrected too?

Really hope it made it more clear D:
Because the spell Terenas uses is not istance-wide, you must have been out of the range