Blood Tanking PvE Death Knight

Lhotsegirl
Donor

Blood Tanking PvE Death Knight

#1 » Post by Lhotsegirl » 28 Aug 2015 15:20

content deleted
Last edited by Lhotsegirl on 20 Aug 2017 19:37, edited 23 times in total.
RETIRED FROM TRUEWOW & PRIMAL
--------------------------------------------

Fastor

Re: Blood Tanking PvE Death Knight

#2 » Post by Fastor » 28 Aug 2015 21:53

Hello, l would like to express myself on how much would it be better to use "hide" and "img" options in this guide and add links instead of just names.

About over 50% of page is about talents that seems more like you copy paste from http://www.truewow.org/talent-calculato ... cgh:dim0mM It would be nice if you would use color to highlight most crucial of them and put them above others and for rest use "hide" option because noone would like to scroll trough it when he/she reread guide for reference.

Also, placing link to picture instead showing picture directly with "img" option is kinda savage. So instead link place picture

As for links l was thinking on enchants, you could set link over letters like this Arcanum of the Stalwart Protector so it would provide more info such as mats, price and where to get. Not to mention it also says which stats it give.

"Choosing the Right Presence" would actually be first thing after "Introduction" if you ask me.

Anyhow if you have not, check how l setup guide for starter fire mage and starter frost tank dk. Its all about tidiness and "easy literature".
http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=14634
www.tinyurl.com/TWFireSpec

Lhotsegirl
Donor

#3 » Post by Lhotsegirl » 29 Aug 2015 02:53

Hello Fastor,

There are many tens of people in the forum, and many millions that use the internet, and I am just one perspective in how to present something. I actually spent a lot of time trying my best to present what I wrote as nicely and neatly as possible. We're all different. At the time, I could not find how to import the picture directly into the page, which is what I wanted to do, so I added a link. The information is there to people to use and read if they wished.. and I saw no rules how I should write a post.

You suggested what I should do... helpful.. but didn't tell me how to do it...which is not helpful :-)

Perhaps you can send me a private message with a link to explain how to use coding and import pictures.

At my 46 years of age.... I have an important social worker job, and I had a lovely morning this morning doing my very best to werite what I hoped would be a helpful post.

I'm sorry you didn't like how it was presented.

When I've time and energy from fatigue, I may have another look at it next weekend. Meanwhile.. the information is there for people to see and learn for themselves.

Best wishes,

Krystyna

Relina

#4 » Post by Relina » 29 Aug 2015 03:06

Hi, while I do appreciate you taking the time to post this guide, there does seem to be some errors with talent/glyph/gem descriptions as well with a couple of the stat caps.

The melee hit cap is 8%(264 rating) this also gives you a spell hit of 9% (+ the glyph of Dark Command will make you spell hit capped on your taunt).
To be crit immune to raid boss melee attacks you need a minimum of 540 defense skill (not 530 defense rating) which is achieved by the following:
Defense skill at level 80= 400 +140 skill from gear [achieved from a combined 689+ Defense Rating from gear, enchants, gems, etc]= 540.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Fastor

#5 » Post by Fastor » 29 Aug 2015 08:31

For picture we have button "Img" above which will show explanation of how it work when you cover it with mouse.
Now notice that link to picture must be direct so no chance for tinyurl.com or some other such sites are ok for this job and on top of that even links like http://imgur.com/zzhTSVe are not ok because they are not direct to picture. Those links does show picture but its picture on web page that is it on and surrounded by random stuff (mostly adds), direct to picture links are ending with format of picture itself like .jpg, .png, .gif and such.
Now to have such link, just right click on that picture that you linked with non-direct link and right click on it and click "View Picture" and you will end up with link like http://i.imgur.com/zzhTSVe.jpg
Now for finale after you paste that link into here, select it and click "Img" button and it will add "[img] [/img ]" which trigger that magic effect thats been looked for.

For hiding text, "hide" button is here. Just select text you want to hide and use that button and it will add "[hide] [/ hide]" which will...hide it.

Now linking words is complicated a bit. Its like for picture but instead link to be between commands, link is part of command and words are between. To do that, first write text that you wish to be name of link, then follow it with "URL" button.
Example like this: "[url]example[/ url]"
Now add symbol "=" with your link inside first [url] like this: [url=http://i.imgur.com/zzhTSVe] and its all set.

For more examples click reply on my first post and you will see how l did it before. Also try to test other buttons, you might even like "List".

Lhotsegirl
Donor

#6 » Post by Lhotsegirl » 29 Aug 2015 09:57

Thank you Relina and Fastor for your comments/replies, I'll have a study and see what I can do to amend the post as per your comments.

It is a learning process and main thing is I've enjoyed learning to try and get it right :-) Also, how can you improve if you don't listen to other people so I do enjoy constructive comments :-)

Lhotsegirl
Donor

#7 » Post by Lhotsegirl » 29 Aug 2015 10:11

Relina wrote:To be crit immune to raid boss melee attacks you need a minimum of 540 defense skill (not 530 defense rating) which is achieved by the following:
Defense skill at level 80= 400 +140 skill from gear [achieved from a combined 689+ Defense Rating from gear, enchants, gems, etc]= 540.
LOL I think that was a typo... (blush) yes it is 540... and I will add your explanation if that is ok ?

Relina

#8 » Post by Relina » 30 Aug 2015 00:05

Lhotsegirl wrote: LOL I think that was a typo... (blush) yes it is 540... and I will add your explanation if that is ok ?
Sure go ahead & add the info to your guide.

P.S: I love that you actually took Hysteria, so few blood tanks seem to take it, which makes me a sad kitty when grouped with them.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

cherno666

#9 » Post by cherno666 » 30 Aug 2015 03:19

ok so a lot of Btanks use different talents so I'm not gonna say anything about that , its mostly a matter of your playstyle .

I just want to say something about glyphs:

Rune Strike - It's still bugged here (as far as I know) -it doesn't generate any threat

Dark Command - sure it will make you have 100% hit on taunt , but , tell me some serius encounter that you must have taunt at 100% ready at all times , unless you suck at aggro and need to taunt from dpsers that overaggroed you.

on my Btank I choose setup of glyphs like this : 1 aggro glyph , 2 defenive cd glyph

DK tanks have most amazing defencive cds of all , so , 1 aggro glyph (considering Rune Strike is still bugged) should be changed to Icy Touch glyph and you can change Dark command to Rune Tap , moar healing + healing on party members can be a life saver , especially consiering low cooldown.
Chernoo - lvl 80 MM Hunter (Main Char)
Eviltities - lvl 80 DK Tonk
Cherniggar - lvl 80 UH DK
Chernomoffo - lvl 80 Shadow Priest
Chernokingg - lvl 80 Disc Priest
Chernobull - lvl 80 Boomie/Feral Dps Druid
Chernomoo - lvl 80 Boomie/Resto Druid
Hollyboner - lvl 80 ProtHoly/Ret Paladin
Hollycherno - lvl 80 Prot/Holy Paladin
Belewonnabe - lvl 80 Prot/Ret Paladin
Chernobylus - lvl 80 Demo Warlock
Evilsmile - lvl 80 Demo Warlock
Onlyforbl - lvl 80 Resto/Ele Shaman
Friedpan - lvl 80 FFB Mage
Chermoo - lvl 80 Fury/Prot Warrior

*Proudly Married to Liqueur*

Lhotsegirl
Donor

#10 » Post by Lhotsegirl » 30 Aug 2015 05:10

cherno666 wrote: I just want to say something about glyphs:

Rune Strike - It's still bugged here (as far as I know) -it doesn't generate any threat

Dark Command - sure it will make you have 100% hit on taunt , but , tell me some serius encounter that you must have taunt at 100% ready at all times , unless you suck at aggro and need to taunt from dpsers that overaggroed you.

on my Btank I choose setup of glyphs like this : 1 aggro glyph , 2 defenive cd glyph

DK tanks have most amazing defencive cds of all , so , 1 aggro glyph (considering Rune Strike is still bugged) should be changed to Icy Touch glyph and you can change Dark command to Rune Tap , moar healing + healing on party members can be a life saver , especially consiering low cooldown.
Hello Cherno,

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know those glyphs were not working; good pause for thought... Hmmm... If I may, can I add your comments to the explanations please. It will help to inform others too. I had thought of using Icy touch as an option anyway in the first place, and being as I have that talent chosen in my tree it would prove non the less very useful. Also Rune Tap I agree is very useful especially as this is chosen in the tree.

Thank you,

Krystyna aka Annapurna/Dhaulagiri

cherno666

#11 » Post by cherno666 » 30 Aug 2015 11:19

sure , add what you like , if rune strike was working it would be better choice for aggro glyph as Icy Touch only affects the ice fever , not the Icy Touch itself , so it will not make as much aggro improvement a rune strike , but oh well , we have to deal with what we have :D
Chernoo - lvl 80 MM Hunter (Main Char)
Eviltities - lvl 80 DK Tonk
Cherniggar - lvl 80 UH DK
Chernomoffo - lvl 80 Shadow Priest
Chernokingg - lvl 80 Disc Priest
Chernobull - lvl 80 Boomie/Feral Dps Druid
Chernomoo - lvl 80 Boomie/Resto Druid
Hollyboner - lvl 80 ProtHoly/Ret Paladin
Hollycherno - lvl 80 Prot/Holy Paladin
Belewonnabe - lvl 80 Prot/Ret Paladin
Chernobylus - lvl 80 Demo Warlock
Evilsmile - lvl 80 Demo Warlock
Onlyforbl - lvl 80 Resto/Ele Shaman
Friedpan - lvl 80 FFB Mage
Chermoo - lvl 80 Fury/Prot Warrior

*Proudly Married to Liqueur*

Poslednji

#12 » Post by Poslednji » 08 Sep 2015 14:40

Since tanks always complain that it's hard to hold aggro in this patch, here's a little rotation that can be of help for maximum aggro at start
DS, DS, ERW, ITx4, HS, BT, IT, HS

So with DRM 3/3 talent, you can do two death strikes and you'll have 4 ITs on your next rune reset

It is also important to use BT once frost runes are on cd & right after you use first bood rune (which is in this case HS) so you can have 3 GCDs instead of 2

P.S: Talent & glyph sections got data from WoD expansion, like ''Horn of Winter - When used outside of combat, your Horn of Winter ability causes a brief, localized snow flurry. Useful to apply before going into combat with a boss.'' instead it increases duration of HoW by 1 minute

Lhotsegirl
Donor

#13 » Post by Lhotsegirl » 13 Sep 2015 11:14

Awesome Poslednji.... I'll add your rotation comments into the text. Hope this is okay.

Thank you

Kryatyna aka Annapurna/Dhaulagiri

benzviliran

#14 » Post by benzviliran » 13 Sep 2015 12:25

i would probably make a small changes with that build
I am the swarm