[Rejected] Like/Dislike Option?

Knewklear
Donor

[Rejected] Like/Dislike Option?

#1 » Post by Knewklear » 20 Aug 2015 07:28

I saw this somewhere some time ago on a gaming website, but they have a function on their forums in where you can like and dislike someone's comments within a topic. Is such a thing possible to implement within these forums?

Folkk

Re: Like/Dislike Option?

#2 » Post by Folkk » 20 Aug 2015 07:46

I don't think this would be a good idea...
Folkk -Subtlety/Combat
Fleaks - Discipline/Holy

Knewklear
Donor

#3 » Post by Knewklear » 20 Aug 2015 07:49

Obviously for the reason of trolling. We got a hell of a lot of here. They'll just dislike anything down to the minimum. But I'm thinking for those few or who knows, majority, that may actually decently like or dislike something to show opinion if too lazy to type something. At least it would get those people who only view the forums to get one step closer to interacting with the members of the community so that they could eventually start commenting.

marko1984

#4 » Post by marko1984 » 20 Aug 2015 08:38

This sounds fun to me, if nothing then at least to off topic and player reports section :P
Three mages!

Etro
Honorary Member

#5 » Post by Etro » 20 Aug 2015 08:41

Yeah, it's possible with an extension when we update to phpbb 3.1 or prolly native when 3.2 releases.

Maybe have it display likes only?

I'm a bit torn about this tho. Reputation by points can create a prejudist enviroment and thought bias possibly making a mainstream effect in our cummunity. Would rather to not give any distractions from what members are actually saying that might end up with an unfair judgement (i.e, this guy has many likes so he's prolly right above all others who have less).
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Seveno5
Donor

#6 » Post by Seveno5 » 20 Aug 2015 08:47

Knewklear wrote: At least it would get those people who only view the forums to get one step closer to interacting with the members of the community so that they could eventually start commenting.
I am one of those members who only view the forums. I am checking forums several times a day.
To me it seems, that all of you who frequent talk on the forums, know eachother quite well. You all seem to have your own community (Guild? ;) ) inhere, and therefore I hesitate to post any comment.
It feels like I disterb the balance. ^_^

Wilcox

#7 » Post by Wilcox » 20 Aug 2015 09:58

i would just dislike everyones posts

Nyeriah

#8 » Post by Nyeriah » 20 Aug 2015 10:14

Not happening for obvious reasons. It was considered in the past but it just doesn't fit our environment. If anything it'll end just being a game of who's more popular rather than who posts the most decent content. About dislikes,yeah, just no.

ItchyVortex

#9 » Post by ItchyVortex » 20 Aug 2015 13:11

As a forum hero im glad this is not happening, i know how a community can change their opinions toward a member with tons of likes / dislikes, and what karmawhores do for likes...
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

benzviliran

#10 » Post by benzviliran » 20 Aug 2015 13:32

ItchyVortex wrote:As a forum hero im glad this is not happening, i know how a community can change their opinions toward a member with tons of likes / dislikes, and what karmawhores do for likes...
adding likes/dislikes options =all the girls in this server will make daily selfish half naked.
I am the swarm

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#11 » Post by Kindzadza » 20 Aug 2015 13:37

Nope. :P Bad idea.

ItchyVortex

#12 » Post by ItchyVortex » 20 Aug 2015 13:41

benzviliran wrote:
ItchyVortex wrote:As a forum hero im glad this is not happening, i know how a community can change their opinions toward a member with tons of likes / dislikes, and what karmawhores do for likes...
adding likes/dislikes options =all the girls in this server will make daily selfish half naked.
That doesnt sound too bad :P
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

shaun03

#13 » Post by shaun03 » 20 Aug 2015 13:47

ItchyVortex wrote:
benzviliran wrote:
That doesnt sound too bad :P
Yeah, you'd receive a lot of likes for that post :P
Feeling as though I've infringed your right to freedom of speech?

[hide="Yes"]Stop being so sensitive, and practice what you preach.[/hide]

[hide="No"]Good for you, your opinion wouldn't matter anyways.[/hide]

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#14 » Post by Hansrutger » 20 Aug 2015 13:56

This community is not ready for this I would say. :D But of course I have thought of the idea myself but always ended up with not bothering suggesting it since people hate each other on this forum (or rather "dislike" someone elses opinions whether they give it 5 minutes thinking if the other person actually might be right about something or not).
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Wilcox

#15 » Post by Wilcox » 20 Aug 2015 14:00

Hansrutger wrote:This community is not ready for this I would say. :D But of course I have thought of the idea myself but always ended up with not bothering suggesting it since people hate each other on this forum (or rather "dislike" someone elses opinions whether they give it 5 minutes thinking if the other person actually might be right about something or not).
i dislike this post