Holy Paladin PVE guide.

cherno666

Re: Holy Paladin PVE guide.

#31 » Post by cherno666 » 17 Feb 2015 14:51

well having healed a lot of raids without dolace and never going out of mana , even on LOD i would say that mp5 would be pointless if my mana pool never went below 20-30%
Chernoo - lvl 80 MM Hunter (Main Char)
Eviltities - lvl 80 DK Tonk
Cherniggar - lvl 80 UH DK
Chernomoffo - lvl 80 Shadow Priest
Chernokingg - lvl 80 Disc Priest
Chernobull - lvl 80 Boomie/Feral Dps Druid
Chernomoo - lvl 80 Boomie/Resto Druid
Hollyboner - lvl 80 ProtHoly/Ret Paladin
Hollycherno - lvl 80 Prot/Holy Paladin
Belewonnabe - lvl 80 Prot/Ret Paladin
Chernobylus - lvl 80 Demo Warlock
Evilsmile - lvl 80 Demo Warlock
Onlyforbl - lvl 80 Resto/Ele Shaman
Friedpan - lvl 80 FFB Mage
Chermoo - lvl 80 Fury/Prot Warrior

*Proudly Married to Liqueur*

Wilcox

#32 » Post by Wilcox » 17 Feb 2015 15:02

seal of wisdom with high haste and high manapool, you will get around 2k mana per hit with 40k mana. get crit haste gear and stack intellect if you want to be a good paladin

just in case you didnt know. using a judgement while seal of wisdom is on also has a chance to trigger your seal, so use it whenever you can. if it isnt dangerous stay close to the boss and autoattack inbetween

thwrw ia absolutely no way to go oom like this

cherno666

#33 » Post by cherno666 » 17 Feb 2015 15:08

if you think that talisman is a waste cause you are overhealing raid anyway then spell power from solace is useless as well so that leaves you with diching everything for mp5 from solace? well if you think so you might as well go for dfo for haste?

Fastor

#34 » Post by Fastor » 17 Feb 2015 15:23

Well instead of continuing this conversation since this became fight over favorite setup, l will leave to Justice to answer and explain why Solace since this is his guide and he picked it.

Wilcox

#35 » Post by Wilcox » 17 Feb 2015 15:54

solace is better on druids and priests imo, a paladin does not need the mp5 from it. with the eot intellect trinket and the lunar dust you're pretty much endgame. in my opinion of course, not in any way arguing or fighting, it is merely my input to this guide

cherno666

#36 » Post by cherno666 » 17 Feb 2015 15:56

i'm not fighting i just wonna know why would you go for solace, cause I never went oom without it so mp5 bonus seems pointless

Justicelight
Donor

#37 » Post by Justicelight » 17 Feb 2015 18:30

Fastor wrote: Btw Aura mastery, you mean, boosted pony aura? :D
Yar, at VDW while taking portals :DD
cherno666 wrote:i'm not fighting i just wonna know why would you go for solace, cause I never went oom without it so mp5 bonus seems pointless
Gearscore, my friend, gearscore :D. Joking obviously. You are partially right, on use trinkets are very good for paladins which has healing boost cooldown at 1 min (engi haste), wings (3min), divine ilumination (3min) and plea (1 min, heal cuter, need healing bonus). This is why I dislike those people who say Ulduar trinket is one of the best for hpala (passive intellect, 700 spell power proc).

As for Solace, it`s all depending on style. Okay we do not need mp5 as holy paladin but I personally want the spellpower given by solace. And I choose it over EoF Lunar Dust trinket because of higher mana output after 2 minutes.

Another reason why I'm using Solace is because of the spell power need. I like to keep all my holy paladins with atleast 3400 spell power self buffed because i`m using a regen weapon enchant and mana saving libram instead of spell power ones (except the Val'anyr one where I go with rs trinket + solace, due to low sp on the weapon, yes my mana drops a bit faster on that one but it's fine for now).

And also from my point of view I like more to have passive spell power from a trinket slot which also gives 144 mp5. Talisman gives around 35 mp5 (and a nice mana by pool head start) and of course nice spell power for 20 seconds. So it all depends on style and raid behaviour.

I try to cut the use of Divine plea during raid, something with which solace helps me better paired with mana wise libram and weapon enchant than the intellect trinket with SP on use.

You know what is a pain for holy paladin? The moving in a fight, even with 4xT10, the haste bonus of next Holy Light after Holy Shock is a help but still a heal output loss once you have to move. So not casting can break the potential of the on use trinkets once you actually used it.

So basicly I prefer more 144 mp5 and passive sp than lower passive mp5 (higher crit but not much) and sp on use, it's the style i'm used to and there is no other good way to gain direct mana source and sp, all of them pasively. Yea, paladins don't need regen, that's why this can be debatable, but nothing in this game can give full time passive mp5 and spell power better than Solace.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Wilcox

#38 » Post by Wilcox » 17 Feb 2015 18:36

in case you didnt know, intellect increases spell crit chance, so when you take talisman off you remove 128 equal of crit chance which is pretty high

edit; illumination talent allows you to restore lots of mana through crits

Justicelight
Donor

#39 » Post by Justicelight » 17 Feb 2015 18:42

Also true, but I am at 55% crit chance (holy spells) at the moment so the crit gain is not that high compared to the actual critical chance.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Wilcox

#40 » Post by Wilcox » 17 Feb 2015 18:47

well you're also right. after a certain gear perimeter it's really shaping up on how you play with your paladin so i believe it's best not to judge

Justicelight
Donor

#41 » Post by Justicelight » 17 Feb 2015 18:50

Wilcox wrote:well you're also right. after a certain gear perimeter it's really shaping up on how you play with your paladin so i believe it's best not to judge
<3 luv :)

Justicelight
Donor

#42 » Post by Justicelight » 10 Mar 2015 09:53

Requesting move to Guides section. Thanks

Justicelight
Donor

#43 » Post by Justicelight » 28 Jul 2015 18:03

Updated loot tables for Ruby Sanctum heroic gear.

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#44 » Post by Errorista » 28 Jul 2015 18:48

nib, you still didnt asnwer my question

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#45 » Post by Hansrutger » 31 Jul 2015 13:38

Justicelight wrote:Updated loot tables for Ruby Sanctum heroic gear.
Just me being blind or you didn't update it yet? :/ Not that it's so hard, anything with sp+haste+crit is for holy pallies, just in case any of those mp5 noobs decides to read this thread. :D
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster