[Rejected] Global chat channel

cutix3

[Rejected] Global chat channel

#1 » Post by cutix3 » 30 Nov 2014 04:41

Hi everyone, I'd like to suggest something that probably has been asked many times before. Which is a new global chat channel for both factions (That will have no effect on any of the other channels).
Now as I've mentioned above it has been suggested before and rejected due to the fact that it isn't blizzlike. Well I think is that Blizzard managed and tuned their server to fit their population which was big enough to have a seperate chat channels for each faction.
Back in the day when this was first suggested we had quite a decent player count and a good population, So it DID make sense to reject the suggestion at first since we already had enough activities going on.

However thinking of it now it seems reasonable to have such channel implemented due to our low population, How many of you logged in once and found no activity going on at all due to our low population? I think it's a not a good idea to split the population in half by having no cross faction chat.

What this channel can bring us is really great, It will allow us to make new friends, Socialize with the other faction, Increase the activity that goes on the server and it will make the server more alive at the times when we have the least player count. In my opinion it will be fun if we manage the channel properly and this shouldn't effect the blizzlike play style in anyway and if it does please respond and let's discuss it.
I've talked to many players that would love to have this done even Iniyam agreed to this, Having a cross faction chat channel was awesome which is how I thought of it when I played on my previous server and I'm sure many would agree, So please let me know what you guys think about it. Think of what would become of the server if we had such channel implemented.

Regards
Nikkie

devil5000

Re: Global chat channel

#2 » Post by devil5000 » 30 Nov 2014 04:45

I support this suggestion bcs like Cutix already said it would help ppl from both factions socialize etc.It would also help horde players look for their ppl who are currently on ally or vice versa(If they need someone for raid or something else and that person has a horde/ally alt)

+1 from me
Last edited by devil5000 on 30 Nov 2014 05:01, edited 2 times in total.
Horde Main : Marick
Alliance Main : Anastasiya

Joanne96
Donor

#3 » Post by Joanne96 » 30 Nov 2014 04:46

For the people who do not like to read all this ;

"We want cross-faction chat!"

+1 from me <3!

EDIT : I would also like to see /say, /whisper being cross-faction. - Not to forget, we also have a cross-faction Auction House and a cross-faction Mailbox, which isn't quite blizz-like either. So the people who say ; "THIS ISN'T BLIZZLIKE." shouldn't use the Auction House and Mailbox either!

cutix3

#4 » Post by cutix3 » 30 Nov 2014 04:52

Joanne96 wrote:For the people who do not like to read all this ;

"We want cross-faction chat!"

+1 from me <3!

EDIT : I would also like to see /say, /whisper being cross-faction. - Not to forget, we also have a cross-faction Auction House and a cross-faction Mailbox, which isn't quite blizz-like either. So the people who say ; "THIS ISN'T BLIZZLIKE." shouldn't use the Auction House and Mailbox either!
I still invite those who don't like the idea to give a logical reason, And about the /say and /whisper this isn't that we signed up for (Not saying that I mind it!), We only want a channel. It would only make sense to adjust the server according to our population just like the MMR was adjusted to match the population for 2s for example.

Rohit

#5 » Post by Rohit » 30 Nov 2014 05:19

+1 to this great idea. People would claim it would give access to other factions to start flame wars and such but I come from spermik where both factions had the same world channel and it was really great. Will need some what moderating to keep kids with short fuse away but it'll grant everyone else new means of communication with the other factions and would keep things interesting.
Character list:

Rohit Co-GM of Gentlemen Club - Holy PvP / Retribution PvE
Androgeus - Unholy PvE / Frost PvE
Xerses - Fury PvE / Protection PvE
Yantrik - Fire PvE
Feraligator - Restoration PvE / Feral PvE
Shamanz - Restoration PvE
Ameliorate - Shadow PvE / Discipline PvE
Hawkeyez - Marksmanship PvE
Zhingalala - Demonology PvE / Destruction PvE
Cryptian - Subtlety PvP 29 twink

Quit TW, amazing staff, REALLY!

gooker

#6 » Post by gooker » 30 Nov 2014 05:22

+1 cus i can talk to my alliance friends, then they can't say i don't cus im always on horde now.

____
Biscadin smells wierd

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#7 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 30 Nov 2014 05:25

IF they can only make one xfaction channel, that would be good, but if they make ALL channels xfaction, I strongly oppose. If such a channel were to be made, I personally wouldn't join it. But for the people who want xfaction chat, it could be useful.
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Vaati
Banned

#8 » Post by Vaati » 30 Nov 2014 05:31

Hello ladies and gentlemen! It's been a very long time since I posted and am now posting solely for Cutix really. I for one, also support the idea. We don't have the population to keep the chats busy at all times, and I occasionally see a new player appear and ask if anybody is even on since the chats are so quiet. You don't want to give them the impression this server is dead, do you? No.

And yes, only want one crossfaction channel.

So in summary: +1 to this idea. Worked on Spermik and Bloodcraft. Don't see why it can't work here.

P.S. I don't smell...
Biscuit - Level 80 Arms/Fury Warrior (Horde)
Bisquick - Level 80 Feral Druid (Formerly Narcissa's) (Horde)
Bisquit - Level 80 Elemental/Resto Shaman (Horde)
Biscadin - Level 80 Retribution/Holy Paladin (Horde)
Bisclock - Level 80 Affliction Warlock (Ally)
Bisc - Level 80 Shadow Priest (Ally)
Biscation - Level 80 Retribution/Holy Paladin (Ally)
Formerly known as Patregis - Undead Rogue
Roel wrote:What's wrong with your brains?

cutix3

#9 » Post by cutix3 » 30 Nov 2014 05:38

Blacklustersoldier wrote:IF they can only make one xfaction channel, that would be good, but if they make ALL channels xfaction, I strongly oppose. If such a channel were to be made, I personally wouldn't join it. But for the people who want xfaction chat, it could be useful.
The suggestion was for only 1 new channel to be cross faction, Has nothing to do with the other channels.

immanuelchandran

#10 » Post by immanuelchandran » 30 Nov 2014 06:03

+1 to this idea too.. i guess it'll be fun :P
Coo - level 80 Hunter
Flynnrider - level 80 Paladin
Hemlock - level 80 Rogue
Psycoo - level 80 Warlock
Pepperpotts - level 80 Mage
TonyStark - level 80 Deathknight
Rio - level 80 Druid
Cuddlez - level 80 Warrior
Iateyourrice - level 80 Shaman
Rapunzzel - level 80 Priest

Nyeriah

#11 » Post by Nyeriah » 30 Nov 2014 06:34

I don't think this is personally a good idea...

cutix3

#12 » Post by cutix3 » 30 Nov 2014 06:46

Nyeriah wrote:I don't think this is personally a good idea...
Why? If I may ask sir.

Nyeriah

#13 » Post by Nyeriah » 30 Nov 2014 07:29

Firstly it's a wild change, secondly our population isn't that low to justify it. Thirdly, back when we merged, we proposed cross-faction channels but back then the idea wasn't even considered because it'd be just hell to moderate with the current population we have.

Etro
Honorary Member

#14 » Post by Etro » 30 Nov 2014 07:36

I don't like this idea either.

1.- We have a good enough population now. If you see no conversation going on in World, it is either because of the time or there are multiple raids going on at a time. When those conditions aren't met, World is not so empty, specially in horde side. No matter how many people there is in 1 single chat, if the vocal majority go to bed around the same time, the chat will look empty.

2.- I doubt that "making new friends" is the first thing that will happen in a cross faction chat. The vocal majority, in-game, dislikes the opposite faction a lot. I mean, don't get me wrong, it would be interesting in seeing all the trash talk and discussions after every BG of 10s, 70s, 80s, city raids, etc, but I rather not.

3.- 1 more chat for the staff to moderate. Now, it is completely up to them if this would bother them or not, but we still should have some consideration.

4.- Is this even possible? I've read that prodigy struggled with making LFG global.

5.- "The playerbase isn't mature enough to deserve it." As someone said in the official WoW forums.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Nyeriah

#15 » Post by Nyeriah » 30 Nov 2014 07:39

Etros points are quite consistent, they reflect my thoughts. I'm sorry if at this time I'm already too asleep to be more clear
Yes,it's possible. But once the core config is set every single channel will be cross faction (not say or whispers)