Fel Armor

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Naljs

Fel Armor

#1 » Post by Naljs » 16 Sep 2014 19:23

I didn't find anything about it in the warlock section or in the bug reports, and I can't access the Bug Tracker.. but!
Has the bug with Fel Armor been reported?
I'm talking about the bug where Fel Armor cuts the healing in half and doubles the spell power gain. At least I think it doubles the spell power as I had about 200 more spell power during the low healing bug.
"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
King Charles XII of Sweden (1682-1718)
Yes, I know there is a special place in Hell for me.
It's called a Throne.

Etro
Honorary Member

Re: Fel Armor

#2 » Post by Etro » 16 Sep 2014 19:32

I could only find 1 Fel Armor bug report, but it doesn't describe the same bug as you.

Why can't you access the Bugtracker, though? Have you made an account for it? If not, go to the Account Manager and you can create a Bugtracker account in the last box of the left column.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Bluebell
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Bluebell » 16 Sep 2014 22:29

What is the bug exactly? I tested what I thought you meant, but seems to work fine.

Just remember it's 2-3% HP regen, not purely 3%, and you get 234 SP as well as the SP from Spirit.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Naljs

#4 » Post by Naljs » 16 Sep 2014 22:42

The bug I mean is that Fel Armor sometimes only heals for 1%. I noticed on my warlock (level 79, 16k hp) it was ticking for 164 and my spell power was 1800, up from the usual 1600 I've had while leveling through 78 and 79. I tried buffing myself again and still it didn't fix to 2% (the 3% doesn't work here, never have). When I got into Dalaran I rebuffed again, and this time it fixed to heal 2%, and my spell power was down to normal 1600 again.
Then I saw in my combat log that Macheat's Fel Armor also healed him for 280 something, I did /target Macheat and he had 28k hp, thus 1% on him too.

Regarding the bug tracker, I've made an account and I've been checking it out once. Now I just can't log on again, I have no clue why.
"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
It's called a Throne.

Bluebell
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Bluebell » 16 Sep 2014 22:45

Do you have any screenshots? You may have the SP from other sources, if your 2nd spec is into Demon, it may explain the SP issue.

Naljs

#6 » Post by Naljs » 16 Sep 2014 22:48

Hmm don't think I took any SS but I may have an idea how to reproduce the bug, will try that tomorrow morning and come back with results. And no, the 2 specs are affliction and destruction, same spell power in both, and both with improved armor talents in Demo tree.
It's called a Throne.

Naljs

#7 » Post by Naljs » 17 Sep 2014 10:55

-- UPDATE --

As you can see here, the ticks are 1% hp and I have 2051 Spell Power
(And no Umpahpah isn't flooding, that's my LFG window)

I rebuff myself with Fel Armor, and following changes:

As you can see in Combat log, it starts ticking for 2% again, and my Spell Power has dropped down to normal. Seeing it's 80 Spell Power difference, and I have 589 Spirit, it could be that part of Fel Armor that's bugging out as well.
To support that theory: 589/3=196.3, this is the normal Spell Power bonus from Spirit, counted with 33% instead of 30% as Fel Armor tooltip states. Adding 50% bonus to that gives a result roughly the same as the difference provided in my Screenshots.

EDIT: I should add that I no longer have Improved Armor talent in my Affliciton spec as this is now a PvE spec.
It's called a Throne.

Boxis
Donor

#8 » Post by Boxis » 17 Sep 2014 11:32

You could just have your old Fel armor from offspec ( means you had that 30% spell power bonus active even in main spec) so if you changed to main spec with Fel armor on, you kept this spell power and after rebuffing you got new untalented Fel armor from your current spec. Tested it and it works like that, but that shouldnt happen though. Also 2% healing works normally no idea how it healed you for 1% maybe its again because you had that armor from offspec.

Naljs

#9 » Post by Naljs » 17 Sep 2014 12:42

I know how you mean, I've had that issue with the mage armors. But the spell power bonus was still higher when I had the improved armor talent in both specs though, and the talent only gives 9% increased bonus, 39% up from 30%.
And indeed I've been swapping specs before that SS because I joined a BG in other spec, can't remember if I put on Fel Armor before or after swapping back though.. The first time I noticed the bug it didn't help on first attempt to recast Fel Armor. Will look into this some more whenever I can.
It's called a Throne.

Justicelight
Donor

#10 » Post by Justicelight » 17 Sep 2014 12:57

I think this happens with all the auras which are available in spec1 and spec2, while spec1 can improve it by talents and spec2 cannot. Similar things like this (keeping the spec enhancement on the auras) happens with the glyphs aswell. Example: Glyph of Wisdom, Glyph of Seal of Vengeance, Glyph of Seal of Light.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Boxis
Donor

#11 » Post by Boxis » 17 Sep 2014 13:20

Naljs wrote:...and the talent only gives 9% increased bonus, 39% up from 30%.
The improved armor talent gives : 234 sp + 39% sp from spirit
Without talent it is : 180sp + 30% sp from spirit
Talent gives : 54sp + 9% sp from spirit

So that may cause the 85 or so spell power difference because remember in second screenshot you have felhunters buff active so that gives you around 14 sp as well.

Bluebell
Former Staff

#12 » Post by Bluebell » 17 Sep 2014 14:02

The SP boost is probably from you switching specs, as I said before.

Naljs

#13 » Post by Naljs » 17 Sep 2014 14:30

Right, didn't think of the hard increase in spell power. But that still makes me wonder why it was different when I was still in 79, I leveled both specs with the Improved Armor talent.. so the spell power bonus shouldn't have been higher, but it was. The original post where I mentioned the spell power difference was made before I dropped the talent.
I understand swapping specs might be what messes up the spell power, but I suspect something more happens when the reduced healing bug occurs.
The healing isn't that much of a problem except for Destruction warlocks who rely on that heal for Life Tap in PvP..
And I'd like to ask a question; if anyone finds how to fix this thing with 1% healing, could it be fixed so the improved armor talent works properly then? I mean right now, a warlock with that talent who's got 30.000 hp heals for 600/tick, when it actually should be around 780/tick.
It's called a Throne.

MacHeat

#14 » Post by MacHeat » 19 Sep 2014 14:36

Demonic Aegis is bugged. Doesent increase healing from fell armor. It should increase that 2% for additional 30% of that 2%, catch my drift? so at my HP im losing around 175 hp5s.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
Mac - Undead Warlock SPERMIK
MacHeat - Demolition Warlock ™, Blood Elf - Bloodcraft
MacHeat - Undead Warlock TW!]

NekroBlake

#15 » Post by NekroBlake » 21 Sep 2014 02:47

Ok, so, I tested Fel Armor on both of my warlocks, both in Affliction and Demonology specs.

The SP part, upon calculations, works as intended while in the defined spec, I get the SP bonus I should get.
E.G.
Affliction Spec - No Demonic Aegis: Fel Armor gives 180SP + (30%xSpirit)SP bonus.
On Zakenna I have 433 Spirit, therefore 180 + (30%x433) = 180 + 129 = 309SP bonus, which is exactly what I get.
Demonology Spec - Demonic Aegis 3/3: Fel Armor gives 234SP + (39%xSpirit)SP bonus.
On Notzakenna I have 515 Spirit, therefore 234+(39%x515) = 434SP bonus, which is exactly what I get once again.
But, as Justicelight and Bluebell have observed, the bug happens when you switch between two specs and you don't have the Demonic Aegis talent on them both, you still retain the previous spec bonus until you refresh Fel Armor. The bonus SP you apparently got most probably is caused by this.
Now, I stopped playing on retail with TBC, so I don't really know how is it on WoTLK retail, but I seem to recall this bug in there as well.

On the other side, the healing part is apparently bugged.
While without the talent I get my regular 2% and it's fine, with the talent I see no occasional increase to 3% healing. The ticks happen every 5 seconds, so I decided to test it on a sample of 5 minutes, which is a total of 60 ticks.
These were the results. I have 20904HP, so 2% would be 418HP and 3% would be 627HP.
60 ticks out of 60 healed me for 418HP, which is 2%, which proves that that 3% tick never happens. And this is the only bug that has occured to me so far.
As for the 1% tick you reported, I tried reproducing the spec switching with Fel Armor on, but without success, I kept on getting 2% of my current HP, with the tick adjusting to my HP whenever it changed, as intended. So I really wouldn't know why it happened in your case.
[hide]Horde
Zakenna (80) Undead Warlock - Affliction PvE || Demonology PvE
Nundead (80) Undead Priest - Discipline PvE || Shadow PvE
Alliance
Notzakenna (80) Gnome Warlock - Demonology PvE || Demo-Destro hybrid PvE[/hide]