Paladin Tank Guide

emsy
Former Staff

Re: Paladin Tank Guide

#76 » Post by emsy » 11 Feb 2014 10:40

JoW is pointless, mobs die too fast

yes consecration is the main problem, but without it big pulls are impossible to hold

Nyeriah

#77 » Post by Nyeriah » 13 Feb 2014 21:41

Or maybe just use BoS more often and you'll never oom in rhcs

Only times I oom at rhcs is when something's going wrong with my group so I can't pull fast enough to keep divine plea up, or it's vh, hos, cos, these things, you know.

At the current tier of gear, I'd even dare to say that you don't even need cons to tank rhc trash, but that might be because of my glyphed hammers or something

rajanoo8

#78 » Post by rajanoo8 » 13 Mar 2014 21:25

Arashikage wrote:
Justicelight wrote:Emsy, you can always JoW + Seal of Wisdom (with minor glyph of Seal of Wisdom) when you are very low on mana.
or stop using consecration for a bit and watch your mana come back. Consecration is by far the most mana intensive ability a paladin has (offensive) ressurection costs a lot too :(
Orr!!! Learn Alchemy and use the Famous "Endless Mana Potion" :D always saves my day in rhcs! <3 ^_^ ^_^ ^_^
Le Toons

Bigbeard
Honey
Hirunthael

rajanoo8

#79 » Post by rajanoo8 » 13 Mar 2014 21:33

And sticking to the topic I would say there be no caps n shit \m/ get the min and if u have minimum of all... get moar of them!! And iv always been against stacking STR gems in general, use it if u must... but do not stack eeet!!!!! and Death's (Choice or Verdict) is a dps gear... >.> avoid it... use the EoT trinket if u have to... :|

Basically as a tank... Ur priorities are to hold aggro as best as u can... take the least amount of damage as less as u can. nothing more...

And there are never a single set of gears for any tanks... depending on the boss attacks be it magical or physical it can change.

and my reference on most of my tanking is BeleNAAB! <3 Used to suck baaad before i met him... just a shout out to eem!!! :shock:
Le Toons

Bigbeard
Honey
Hirunthael

Etro
Honorary Member

#80 » Post by Etro » 08 Jun 2014 17:26

How do prot paladins do it to get initial agro without even attacking? I've seen some of them to just pull mobs by passing near them and they don't loose agro even though the DPS is already attacking. Sometimes a DPS goes way ahead agroing mobs with just proximity and they all go to the prot paladin even though they are way out of LoS.

My paladin is almost medium geared for tanking (around 4.8k gs), and I'm having problems with keeping initial agro when DPS starts immediately. This is when mass pulling.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Bluebell
Former Staff

#81 » Post by Bluebell » 08 Jun 2014 18:32

Not sure exactly with your examples, would have to see myself.

This guide is also a little outdated, I would like to point out.

But it's possible they pull bosses with Exorcism, which seems like they're not attacking immediately, or simply passing by with consecration/Holy wrath/HoR, which are all AoE.

It may simply be MD from Hunters? It could also be the Paladin using Righteous Defence, which taunts up to 3 enemies from a select raid member, even if the Paladin isn't within range of the mobs.

If you have threat problems, use HoR as soon as boss is pulled, and try use Hand of Salvation on high Aggro people.

If you have 4.8k gs, it's likely you're going against people with 1k higher GS than you, and don't have set bonuses (% increase to HoR damage, which scales twice on bugged TW), which may explain the problems.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Cocopuffs
Donor

#82 » Post by Cocopuffs » 08 Jun 2014 20:27

Prot Paladins need a guide? :lol:

Etro
Honorary Member

#83 » Post by Etro » 08 Jun 2014 23:43

Bluebell wrote:Not sure exactly with your examples, would have to see myself.

This guide is also a little outdated, I would like to point out.

But it's possible they pull bosses with Exorcism, which seems like they're not attacking immediately, or simply passing by with consecration/Holy wrath/HoR, which are all AoE.

It may simply be MD from Hunters? It could also be the Paladin using Righteous Defence, which taunts up to 3 enemies from a select raid member, even if the Paladin isn't within range of the mobs.

If you have threat problems, use HoR as soon as boss is pulled, and try use Hand of Salvation on high Aggro people.

If you have 4.8k gs, it's likely you're going against people with 1k higher GS than you, and don't have set bonuses (% increase to HoR damage, which scales twice on bugged TW), which may explain the problems.
I hope GS is the main factor in my problem.

Any tips on mass pulling?

I hope you decide to update your guide someday. It is one of the best written guides I've ever seen and it is very tender with the eyes.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

Nyeriah

#84 » Post by Nyeriah » 08 Jun 2014 23:45

Avenger's shield, hotr, cons, hs, repeat

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#85 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 09 Jun 2014 00:14

from what I've read here, and stuff, basicly once you get your def cap, hit and expertise maybe you can wear any gear you want for heroics... depending on the gear you have you can mix tank gear with dps gear...
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Bluebell
Former Staff

#86 » Post by Bluebell » 09 Jun 2014 04:15

Main problem I think is he doesn't have the liberty of switching out for tank items. I updated it a little and added a sorted of BiS list. Any comments are welcome.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

kermo14k

#87 » Post by kermo14k » 10 Jun 2014 13:08

You can pull boss with synced shield and taunt followed by hotr,after that you may go afk :D
Wtfnoheals Prot PvE/Retri PvE
Izu - Marksmanship PvE/PvP
Windcaller - Resto PvE/ Ele PvP
Retired from TW.Went off to find cheeki breeki in different places. Didn't find it here!

Etro
Honorary Member

#88 » Post by Etro » 25 Jun 2014 01:14

Where can I see this avoidance stat in my character? I can't find it.

Nyeriah

#89 » Post by Nyeriah » 25 Jun 2014 01:27

Avoidance is the sum of dodge chance, parry, block and chance to be missed

Etro
Honorary Member

#90 » Post by Etro » 25 Jun 2014 01:33

Ah, ok. Thanks.

89.55% avoidance so far, then. D: