Open world PvP Event

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Spiritkeeper

Open world PvP Event

#1 » Post by Spiritkeeper » 25 Apr 2014 20:26

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it, but it seems the most appropriate.
Anyway, I was thinking of a pvp event in the old world, because the flying mounts would make it a little less fun. It would last for maybe a day or two, and during that time, the players would have to conquer enemy settlements, and by that, I mean kill everyone in it, and stay there for 30 mins - 1 hour . That would get them 1 point, and killing one of race leaders would give 3-5 points.
I thought it might be an interesting change in the pvp scene, and almost everyone could participate in one way or another :)

Darchrow
Donor

Re: Open world PvP Event

#2 » Post by Darchrow » 25 Apr 2014 20:34

might be funner to win Silithus grounds :>
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Jynx / Zubat / Alyce ( Swagmourne ) / Discord / Redtube
Disruption / Perplexity / Magejkdruid / Swagstormxqt ( Swagmobile )
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

[Guild] [Angrycow]: nice to meet u im Sava and im really horny person

kindzadza ily

Spiritkeeper

#3 » Post by Spiritkeeper » 25 Apr 2014 20:43

Well, depends on the number of people who are up for it, if it's a bigger number, I'd love to have an all out war, but Silithus would be fun too :D

Teraan

#4 » Post by Teraan » 25 Apr 2014 21:01

Ehm, want open world PvP? Go raid main cities and settlements. Way too much complication needed for this, points, leaders, timers and shits. Also, those settlements, can be leveling settlements, and doing this for days, will fuck up the leveling.
-1 from me.
‡∆‡ My Characters: ‡∆‡
Teraan - Retribution PvE - PvP
Teraana - Discipline PvE - Holy PvE
Fatman - Balance PvE - Restoration PvE
Soomershaman - Restoration PvE - Enhancement PvE
Rmage - Fire PvE
Mahkarn - Survival PvE

Darchrow
Donor

#5 » Post by Darchrow » 25 Apr 2014 21:02

i think 40 people can be easily gathered on horde, i guess it'll be a tad more difficult for alliance , but anyway, i'm up for Silithus PVP
more people post yer thoughts and if you're up for it
Teraan wrote:Ehm, want open world PvP? Go raid main cities and settlements. Way too much complication needed for this, points, leaders, timers and shits. Also, those settlements, can be leveling settlements, and doing this for days, will fuck up the leveling.
-1 from me.
silithus won't take days, we could make a timer of like 4 hours all out war and after duration is over the team that had most Silithyst collected wins
http://www.wowwiki.com/The_Silithyst_Must_Flow
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

kindzadza ily

keez
Donor

#6 » Post by keez » 25 Apr 2014 21:59

I dont like the idea

Fastor

#7 » Post by Fastor » 25 Apr 2014 22:30

l know only for 5 locations of this, its very low.

Darchrow
Donor

#8 » Post by Darchrow » 25 Apr 2014 22:34

balls...
well we could do Nagrand PVP in Halaa :>
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

kindzadza ily

ilyailyailya

#9 » Post by ilyailyailya » 25 Apr 2014 23:10

Hillsbrad/STV PvP all the way, just post time and hopefully ppl will come. +1 and I'm always glad for world PvP.
But the downside is, if one faction dominates the other one (and by dominates I mean, imagine 20v20 battle where horde for example would lose 1 troop and ally will lose their 20) ppl will just go away.
Truewow:

Horde:
Volkolak[ Shaman] {70}
Headquake [Shaman] {80}
Xcell [Rogue] {80}
Alliance
Skuletik[Death Knight] {80}
Devana [Hunter] {80}

Primeevil wow:

Horde Thorbjorn [Hunter] {60}

Lordaeron:

Skadi/Velastra (velastra got scammed) aka therberg aka jewberg aka ked aka hime aka scotty

Belthezar

#10 » Post by Belthezar » 26 Apr 2014 00:32

Halaaa... is bugged up afaik, the guards don't die and have infinte hp and I don't think you get the items you're suppposed to gain when killing another in Halaa...would be nice if it could be fixed, I don't know but I can't imagine it would be that hard, just get loot on kill. The mount is a nice incentive to whoever doesn't pvp as well so might get a larger group. If it were fixed I'd totally be up for Halaa, otherwise, yeah places like Hellfire, Silithus or others would be more ideal imo.
Check out my WTB list all you silent farmers out there!
http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13204

Spiritkeeper

#11 » Post by Spiritkeeper » 26 Apr 2014 01:06

Well, I suggest we either limit ourselves with a couple of areas, or make a contest of who kills the faction leaders first, that might be interesting too.

Teal Deer

#12 » Post by Teal Deer » 26 Apr 2014 01:46

you can wait for a year for another New Orgrimmar conquest or [if you are allliance] vreate "New Stormwind" event...
yeah. im a bit drunk and have a sense of humour :D

Ragnorak
Donor

#13 » Post by Ragnorak » 26 Apr 2014 08:03

How many points does the horde get for holding New Orgrimmar for an accumulated total of 30+ days?
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!

marko1984

#14 » Post by marko1984 » 26 Apr 2014 08:42

Divo and i tryed to organize pvp event but 0 ppl signed up :s
Its not a bad idea but nibs are lazy nowdays D:
Three mages!

DEVILforever

#15 » Post by DEVILforever » 26 Apr 2014 09:00

Spiritkeeper wrote:I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it, but it seems the most appropriate.
Anyway, I was thinking of a pvp event in the old world, because the flying mounts would make it a little less fun. It would last for maybe a day or two, and during that time, the players would have to conquer enemy settlements, and by that, I mean kill everyone in it, and stay there for 30 mins - 1 hour . That would get them 1 point, and killing one of race leaders would give 3-5 points.
I thought it might be an interesting change in the pvp scene, and almost everyone could participate in one way or another :)
yeah server missing good events ,your suggestion is awesome.it could cause some raise in population if server have such events.
spermik population used to raise on event days such as guild wars or the last day before it merge with tw( guruu event of ladders and chairs climbing challenge) that it got doubled , everyone including people quited were online for hours enjoying that event .

hope u can make it happen
good luck