Unstable affliction

Gnoumy

Unstable affliction

#1 » Post by Gnoumy » 25 Apr 2014 14:05

Is it normal that dispelling UA does such little damage as in 1-2k. It should be doing at least 3 times average shadow bolt damage which does around 3k. Ppl here dispell it without caring much. Maybe it's not affected by spell power or sth?

Justicelight
Donor

Re: Unstable affliction

#2 » Post by Justicelight » 25 Apr 2014 14:10

Gnoum, i tested that on with a 4/5 wf lock. With spell power procs on him, i dispeled UA on my paladin and received 6.5k-7k damage non crit. Imo, works ok.
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Gnoumy

#3 » Post by Gnoumy » 25 Apr 2014 14:19

Must be some op absorb mechanics in bgs then cause in average of 10 dispels it deals some shitty dmg once and the rest 90% gets absorbed.

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#4 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 25 Apr 2014 16:36

Justicelight wrote:Gnoum, i tested that on with a 4/5 wf lock. With spell power procs on him, i dispeled UA on my paladin and received 6.5k-7k damage non crit. Imo, works ok.
this... is a no go...
I can do the same thing with 1 million procs and get dmg based on the procs... do it without procs
do it naked, both of you no items, then both of you full pve items with no procs
then both of you pvp items with no procs and no aditional absorbs or resists
then both of you pvp items, no procs, but add absorbs and resists

OT
same issue as vampiric touch, where the dispell dmg should be almost double the dmg of the full duration of the dot, and while the dot left alone does about 4500, dispell should be 9k and this is WITH resilience.
my vt never did more than 900ish/tick maybe 1000, and it does 5 ticks and looking at the tooltip of the spell you will see the dot dmg being something, and the dispell dmg being almost double
Last edited by Blacklustersoldier on 25 Apr 2014 17:27, edited 1 time in total.
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Myaoming
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Myaoming » 25 Apr 2014 16:50

It deals 0 damage on Priests if they dispel it. That's what I recall.
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Naljs

#6 » Post by Naljs » 25 Apr 2014 20:00

When I dispel UA on my Paladin (1314 resi), the damage breaks the SS bubble (6k something absorb I believe) and does up to 3k damage on me. I assume that's a crit, maybe? Not sure, I hate the silence, however.

OT regarding the Priest's VT @Blackluster
VT does about a little more than twice the damage of a tick atm, which results in about half the damage it's supposed to do. We had a fix for it on BC for a while, where VT did 2 separate portions of 50% damage each, resulting in normal damage. Problem there was that 1 portion could crit while the other wouldn't. My highest crit there was 13.5k total damage on a PvE geared player, with 2.4k spell power. (Just a comparison, highest I've had here was 7k crit on PvE geared player, this time with 3.3k spell power.)
"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
King Charles XII of Sweden (1682-1718)
Yes, I know there is a special place in Hell for me.
It's called a Throne.

Nyaneve

#7 » Post by Nyaneve » 27 Apr 2014 00:14

Naljs wrote:When I dispel UA on my Paladin (1314 resi), the damage breaks the SS bubble (6k something absorb I believe) and does up to 3k damage on me. I assume that's a crit, maybe? Not sure, I hate the silence, however.

OT regarding the Priest's VT @Blackluster
VT does about a little more than twice the damage of a tick atm, which results in about half the damage it's supposed to do. We had a fix for it on BC for a while, where VT did 2 separate portions of 50% damage each, resulting in normal damage. Problem there was that 1 portion could crit while the other wouldn't. My highest crit there was 13.5k total damage on a PvE geared player, with 2.4k spell power. (Just a comparison, highest I've had here was 7k crit on PvE geared player, this time with 3.3k spell power.)
That seems like sort of a "hacky" fix, no? I believe that it would create more problems in the long run.

Naljs

#8 » Post by Naljs » 27 Apr 2014 06:50

Yes, probably was a hacky fix, I wouldn't know. It was not intended as a suggestion, but merely an off topic comparison of how low the current dispel damage of Vampiric Touch actually is.

Regarding the UA, has anyone tested this further?
"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
King Charles XII of Sweden (1682-1718)
Yes, I know there is a special place in Hell for me.
It's called a Throne.

Gnoumy

#9 » Post by Gnoumy » 29 Apr 2014 00:41

Just had 12k crit so i guess it works fine afterall.