[Accepted] Faction Balance

Knewklear
Donor

[Accepted] Faction Balance

#1 » Post by Knewklear » 11 Apr 2014 02:17

Lotsa peoples be comin' ova' to Horde. Can the cost of Faction Change from Horde to Alliance be lowered?

Ragnorak
Donor

Re: Faction Balance

#2 » Post by Ragnorak » 11 Apr 2014 02:41

And the cost to change from Alliance to Horde raised... by like double
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!

Nyeriah

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 11 Apr 2014 02:48

Knewklear wrote:Lotsa peoples be comin' ova' to Horde. Can the cost of Faction Change from Horde to Alliance be lowered?
Pointless. Hordes don't want to go ally (at least most of them don't want to). Increasing the price is something I've already suggested in the past and for sure seeing the late events I would like to bring up.

Knewklear
Donor

#4 » Post by Knewklear » 11 Apr 2014 02:53

Before you go on to say pointless, how about you make something showing the difference between the few that would like to switch and the ones not? Because I'm pretty sure not ALL Hordes don't wish to wish.

Anselmo
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Anselmo » 11 Apr 2014 02:59

As I stated to the staff earlier this year I am all for this.

Nyeriah

#6 » Post by Nyeriah » 11 Apr 2014 04:09

Knewklear wrote:Before you go on to say pointless, how about you make something showing the difference between the few that would like to switch and the ones not? Because I'm pretty sure not ALL Hordes don't wish to wish.
Before you go on about how I'm not allowed to express my opinion, you should also consider that this is an issue that I've noticed a hell long ago. You may also consider that I've been watching both sides and I know by now damn well how they're acting towards the late events.

As much as I see it, there's no real interesting from Hordes to switch over to alliance. I haven't seen anyone waving this flag other than yourself, and I do talk to a hell load of people. There's just nothing interesting there to see at the time being, the few ones that do switch over to ally do so thinking of PvP queues.

On the other hand, Horde has been doing far much better at PvE and that seems to be all allies ever cared for, so naturally they'd rather switch over.

So we have two ways to solve this, either incentive hordes to switch to alliance which at the time being sounds reluctantly effective to me, or make it harder for allies to change sides.

I was expecting transfers to give us a switch on this scenario, but I guess they're taking a bit too long by now. So, I support increasing the prices as I had already stated previously. I'm not playing naive, not throwing random thoughts, I know damn well what's going on.

Knewklear
Donor

#7 » Post by Knewklear » 11 Apr 2014 04:16

Chill, Nyeriah. I didn't attack ya. Nor did I even come close to saying you're not allowed to express your opinion. All I asked for was for some evidence. And from what I believe I see, it's only the idea of increasing the price of switching to Horde. What about decreasing the price for switching to Alliance?

Nyeriah

#8 » Post by Nyeriah » 11 Apr 2014 04:32

I'm sorry, I just tend to look at sum to then look at the parts and never the other way around. Based on the points I brought up earlier, I believe such would only benefit a small portion of people and still not solve the issue, it'd just very slightly make it better, and that's why I believe it's not the way to go.

If we decide things are really out of hand and the situation is that bad, we might go for both decreasing and increasing accordingly but I don't really think it's viable or would probably have the same results as before.

I'm moving this to suggestions if you don't mind and we'll see what the other Staff members think, but as of our late discussions we seem to agreed on this - as in, something needs to be done - we'll see what can be done.

innocentguy

#9 » Post by innocentguy » 11 Apr 2014 07:59

I do agree that something needs to be done. Am in support of an increased cost of transfer to the Horde from Alliance.
No one is simply entitled to anything in this world.
Whatever you want, you have to earn, be it money, respect or love.
[/color]
My Innocents:

Innocentguy - Priest ( Shadow / Discipline )
Innocence - Shaman ( Elemental / Restoration )
InnocentIcon - Death Knight ( Blood {Tank} / Unholy {DPS} )
Innocentshot - Hunter ( Marksmanship / Survival )
Innocentone - Druid ( Restoration / Feral {DPS} )
Innocenthope - Paladin ( Retribution / Holy )
~ In the end, Innocence is Brilliant ~

Roel
Founder

#10 » Post by Roel » 11 Apr 2014 11:05

I am totally for changing the prices like I have stated many times already. I know this works because I did it many times over the years before any of the merges and slowly saw it getting balanced with close monitoring every single time. When the prices were the same I saw the balance slowly shifting towards horde. All it needs is a difference in price, 300 and 500, 100 and 300, 200 and 600, it doesn't really matter as long as the difference is big enough. And the bigger the difference the faster the balance gets back. However I expect it to take a couple of months in this case.

Also, new code needs to be written for the new webpage as that part was not converted from the old webpage.

Element

#11 » Post by Element » 11 Apr 2014 11:47

Knewklear wrote:What about decreasing the price for switching to Alliance?
You have a horde char that u'd like to move back to alliance or what? Nobody wants to be alliEn for a reason its simply... bad. ;>
Claireholt/Warlock

Doctor_J
Developer

#12 » Post by Doctor_J » 11 Apr 2014 11:56

No decreasing more like doubling the cost from alliance to horde
dont want faction change to be cheaper then rename or recustomisation or race change d:

Arockalypse
Donor

#13 » Post by Arockalypse » 11 Apr 2014 14:02

lower from Horde to Alliance, we need moar allies for peeveepee :(
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

Knewklear
Donor

#14 » Post by Knewklear » 11 Apr 2014 14:08

I've always had this unfortunate type of personality to want to balance shit in whatever I join. So if the price is decreased nicely enough to switch to Alliance from Horde, I'm all in. I'm not saying I, myself, can suddenly switch things around, but I sure as hell can be one of the few to start.

Belthezar

#15 » Post by Belthezar » 11 Apr 2014 15:09

It seems that everyone is for this :O What's in the way of this happening?
Check out my WTB list all you silent farmers out there!
http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13204