Fatman - Balance PvE - Restoration PvE
Soomershaman - Restoration PvE - Enhancement PvE
Rmage - Fire PvE
Mahkarn - Survival PvE

Iniyam

Re: Cannon Abuse

#2 » Post by Iniyam » 06 Apr 2014 22:56

Well, my opinion:
He is shooting a tank, not a player.. maybe he somehow got down but he is still near original point and uses it correctly.
Cheating is bad. Using an item to cheat is bad. Regardless of how said item was obtained, use of said item is bad. Bad people will be banned.
Iniyam                                      Inimin

Teraan

#3 » Post by Teraan » 06 Apr 2014 23:03

Are you fucking kidding me? Abuse is abuse, w/e is he doing it for. Fuck stop protecting Alliance, it's getting sick.
‡∆‡ My Characters: ‡∆‡
Teraan - Retribution PvE - PvP
Teraana - Discipline PvE - Holy PvE
Rmage - Fire PvE
Mahkarn - Survival PvE

Iniyam

#4 » Post by Iniyam » 06 Apr 2014 23:20

Every day alliance accuses us for protecting Horde, and horde does the same for Alliance.. I am not protecting anyone, just saying what I see on your screenshot.
Cheating is bad. Using an item to cheat is bad. Regardless of how said item was obtained, use of said item is bad. Bad people will be banned.

Teraan

#5 » Post by Teraan » 06 Apr 2014 23:28

Rmage - Fire PvE
Mahkarn - Survival PvE

Iniyam

#6 » Post by Iniyam » 06 Apr 2014 23:38

http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=12466 He directly attacked a player while being down.
And of course, i just said my opinion, and didn't lock topic, which means anyone else can say if he is banned or not, and ban him if deserved.
Anyway, not here to argue. I'm leaving this topic.

Doctor_J
Developer

#7 » Post by Doctor_J » 06 Apr 2014 23:57

This is bannable if he used the cannon to hit a tank or a player after moving the cannon

Can anyone shine some light on one thing though, how do players manage to move these cannons in the first place as cant move them on str or live realm,

Nyeriah

#8 » Post by Nyeriah » 07 Apr 2014 00:01

Doctor_J wrote:This is bannable if he used the cannon to hit a tank or a player after moving the cannon

Can anyone shine some light on one thing though, how do players manage to move these cannons in the first place as cant move them on str or live realm,
WILD GUESS INCOMING

Disorient effects? Aka, scatter shot?

Teraan

#9 » Post by Teraan » 07 Apr 2014 00:07

Well, i remember that long ago, i managed to move it, by pressing the infront move button(mr captain obvious) W, good still didn't went with it down.
Rmage - Fire PvE
Mahkarn - Survival PvE

Fastor

#10 » Post by Fastor » 07 Apr 2014 00:10

Doctor_J wrote:This is bannable if he used the cannon to hit a tank or a player after moving the cannon
This is confusing, are you telling that l should get banned if l take fallen cannon and move it to gate and shoot from near gate?

Doctor_J
Developer

#11 » Post by Doctor_J » 07 Apr 2014 00:34

No probably not but in the ss above you can see cannon is infact quiet a distance away from gate or has been moved quiet a distancr

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#12 » Post by Dymond » 07 Apr 2014 01:23

Teraan, Your screenshot shows him attacking a tank.. not an individual player. If you have a screenshot showing him shooting you (out of the tank), please post it. Also I see no damage occurring.
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

Darchrow
Donor

#13 » Post by Darchrow » 07 Apr 2014 02:41

actually this whole thing is messed up...
idk what causes the cannons to be moved, but if it's disorient effects like Nyeriah said, then the reason why so many people are getting banned is because actually the opposite faction if bugging the cannons in the first place.
another point. few days ago in a SOTA there was a cannon on the ground, i tried getting in it and taking it back to its original position, but i was unable to move it backwards, i could only orientate it to the same degree you could to a cannon that is in its original location, so you can just keep getting forward with it.
that being said, if by mistake a player went down with the cannon, not being able to use it anymore because it's " bug abuse " is a huge disadvantage to the whole team.
If you think about it, when the cannons are down, it's rather easier for the opposite team to break it.
I'm not supporting this walking cannon thing but what i'm saying is, if this ( let's say bug ) occurs, just let it be, as long as the team doesn't abuse it by literally going way off the initial location just to attack and kill people / tanks
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Jynx / Zubat / Alyce ( Swagmourne ) / Discord / Redtube
Disruption / Perplexity / Magejkdruid / Swagstormxqt ( Swagmobile )
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

[Guild] [Angrycow]: nice to meet u im Sava and im really horny person

kindzadza ily

meraz
Donor

#14 » Post by meraz » 07 Apr 2014 18:26

wah!!! he was abusing cannon by moving..no matter what was he targeting. Main thing is he abused that cannon by moving far from cannon platform and Shooted it from long place (not from cannon platform) while moving...AND the topic is cannon abuse not shooting abuse...GM pls think again about this again.Its totally banble. wanna see a fair judge.
Eloraa Disco/Shadow PVE/PVP
Melve Combat/Assassin PVE/PVP
Blezzya Disco/Shadow PVE/PVP
Jerry Resto/Balance PVE/PVP
Zeny Ele/Resto PVE/PVP
Zinia Markmanship PVE/PVP
Melff Unholy/Frost PVE/PVP
Icefrost Frost/Arcane PVE/PVP
Zarrar Holy/Retri PVE/PVP

Belthezar

#15 » Post by Belthezar » 07 Apr 2014 20:05

I think GMs should decide beforehand specifically what's abuse and what isn't so that it doesn't seem like GMs are just randomely deciding on the spot what's what, in all fairness. Such as, that's abuse if X distance and/or shooting players, etc.
I can imagine a player's frustration when what has always seemed abuse suddenly is fine due to conditions that let it be okay yet that weren't stated previously. Just saying, people can abide by rules better when they know them better.
Check out my WTB list all you silent farmers out there!
http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13204