EoE25 & Character transfers!

All you need to know about the happenings of TrueWoW can be found here.
Nyeriah

EoE25 & Character transfers!

#1 » Post by Nyeriah » 02 Feb 2014 02:12

"Malygos, once the noble keeper of magic and secrets of the hidden arcanum, now fallen to his ever consuming madness. Determined to wipe away any traits of magic from Azeroth, the blue aspect now rules from the Eye of Eternity - a realm known as the source of every magic. Few have heard of such place and even fewer were able to see through the illusions created by Malygos to protect his kind.

Only the blue dragonflight is welcome to this vast and unknown realm, as for any others willing to venture into it, only the void and cold oblivion awaits."

Greetings!

This time we are coming up with combo news!

To start off, as many of you could've guessed, the Eye of Eternity's 25 players difficulty will be released by 08.02.2014 at 4 PM server time. This should allow players to claim the Magic Seeker title, we are really looking forward knowing who'll be the ones to claim this realm first achievement!

As a second note, we would also like to give our players an update about the current state of our character transfer tool.

With our tool, players will be able to transfer characters from other servers whilst keeping all of their achievements, reputations and items. Such features are already working and we owe Heihachi our special thanks for them!

Here's a teaser video of how the transfers will progress, notice that every information is already displayed in the website from the dump files properly.
[youtube]ldyzmqpaahA[/youtube]
It shouldn't take much longer now for us to have our so awaited transfer tool going live. Just a little bit of patience and we'll get there!

As always, thank you for your time and have fun at TrueWoW!

Nyeriah,
The TrueWoW Team

Nyaneve

Re: EoE25 & Character transfers!

#2 » Post by Nyaneve » 02 Feb 2014 04:33

What are the T&Cs for the character transfer?

Nyeriah

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 02 Feb 2014 04:50

They're still at most being decided, but for sure:

Server:
blizzlike or blizzclone
game version 3.3.5a
rates no higher than x3
at least 3 months old
no donations affecting leveling

Note that the character will eventually be deleted from their server as it's a transfer and not a character clone.

We still haven't got a full list of every server from where transfers will be allowed (and we mostly count with the community to provide the server's names so we can judge on them). But mostly, if items, reputations, achievements or money can be achieved by donation there will also be restrictions towards the given servers.

Also, gear from instances that are not available to our server will also be replaced. At the present moment, Ruby Sanctum gear.

These conditions might change and more conditions might be added but it won't divert from what I've mentioned that much.

Regards.

Boxis
Donor

#4 » Post by Boxis » 02 Feb 2014 06:36

^ I like this cat .

Ezzyz

#5 » Post by Ezzyz » 02 Feb 2014 09:55

Well since it requires acc to be older than 3 months its not like some1 will abuse transfer just to get another 80 fast because It cant be done here so I wouldn't mind neglecting that since that should increase number of possible servers from which people could transfer from. After all its all about increasing population and some sacrifices must be made.

perka

#6 » Post by perka » 02 Feb 2014 10:17

Ezzyz wrote:Well since it requires acc to be older than 3 months.
There is no such requirement and there wont be.

Ezzyz

#7 » Post by Ezzyz » 02 Feb 2014 10:22

My bad...

Yehu

#8 » Post by Yehu » 02 Feb 2014 10:35

Why are you opening EoE at such a silly time? Why not open it in the evening or so when more players are online?

Myaoming
Former Staff

#9 » Post by Myaoming » 02 Feb 2014 10:55

Yehu wrote:Why are you opening EoE at such a silly time? Why not open it in the evening or so when more players are online?
Yeah, 5-6-7 PM pelis :(

Great job by the way! Keep it up :)
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

marko1984

#10 » Post by marko1984 » 02 Feb 2014 12:27

well i have work on friday... saturday evening is peak time... i would love that time if posible lol
Three mages!

Fastor

#11 » Post by Fastor » 02 Feb 2014 12:36

Switch to saturday some normal time.

Ragnorak
Donor

#12 » Post by Ragnorak » 02 Feb 2014 12:50

it doesnt matter what time you switch the time to... for example this time is good for some people while it is bad for others... if u postpone it then the same situation will happen again where people will say it's not a good time for them either but on the other hand it may be better for certain other people. There is no one time that pleases everyone as a whole and if Nyeriah wishes to please everyone then theoretically the release date would just keep on getting postponed to the point where it never opens. In my opinion it's better to just stick with the time now since it has already been set, that way there wont be anyone claiming the GMs are favoring certain people by postponing the release date
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!

ilyailyailya

#13 » Post by ilyailyailya » 02 Feb 2014 12:56

Server transfers sound very very nice. However I was just wondering about a few things:
First, i've been very curious about how is it possible for you to delete the character on the old server? Do you contact their GM's or you log in to my account and delete it, or is there another way? I'm totally not against it, was just being curious :)

Second, there is a server which I've played on, m0lt3n obviously. (Since you wanted the community to provide names, here is one :) )
The thing is, lately there was a lot of, say it politely, shit going on with the server. I was playing at Lordaeron x1.
The "shit" started when they've closed the x3 server Frostwolf, and enabled transfers to x1. Shouldn't matter for you, because you said no higher than x3, so it's excatly x3 :)
But it wasn't my point. The point was that after those transfers the server has been going through a lot of hardships, suffering from a broken economy etc.
One of the things was that you could donate for shadowmourne on x3 but not on x1, so after the transfers they had to enable donating mourne on x1 and that's where it all began. At first there wasn't many lolmourners (PS. mourne wasn't, is not, and will not be obtainable by normal means) and everything was ok, but then people started buying 6,800 gearscore (full wrathful, ruby sanctum and DBW trinkets, mourne, etc)
Then the matter got only worse, when they allowed transferring from x12
Economics got to the point where a nightmare ender would cost 180k gold, a single eternal shadow for 400g etc.
This was basically the reason I went back to True WoW. I was playing here once, this was my first decent blizzlike server. Wanna hear about irony? After I've found other servers than TrueWoW, I thought that this was actually one of the worst, and after changing a few servers, look where I play.
Anyway, arenas in molten got so impossible to beat with rele gear that I ragequitted.

Now, why did I even tell you this long and boring story? Because I suspect. I suspect that you won't let me transfer my shaman, which i've wasted more than a year of my life for, leveling him, gearing him etc. Poor guy now stands idle with his badass LEGITLY obtained 6,1k resto gear, along with a pvp 5.8k enha.. I have NEVER accomplished such a feat and it was a great feel to me to be a, what I say, "pro". Because I had both the gear AND skill, which is raaaare...
If there was a way to check my history or something, to see that this char was really created on x1, leveled on x1, from 1-80 and never bought a SINGLE item for donations. (You can check the latter by seeing that i'm not a premium account).
Truewow:

Horde:
Volkolak[ Shaman] {70}
Headquake [Shaman] {80}
Xcell [Rogue] {80}
Alliance
Skuletik[Death Knight] {80}
Devana [Hunter] {80}

Primeevil wow:

Horde Thorbjorn [Hunter] {60}

Lordaeron:

Skadi/Velastra (velastra got scammed) aka therberg aka jewberg aka ked aka hime aka scotty

Fastor

#14 » Post by Fastor » 02 Feb 2014 13:03

Ragnorak remain silent. You wrote so much which actualy could fit in one row and you forgetting fact that noone like this time.

Saturday because most of people are not on work. Normal time aka usual peak time because most people are online. That will benefit most of people. Comparing to friday 2 hour in morning, this win.

Also, before l forget, bug at Malygos that prevent dead players from getting any achievement should be fixed in order to all get Realm First.

Ragnorak
Donor

#15 » Post by Ragnorak » 02 Feb 2014 13:10

Fastor wrote:you forgetting fact that noone like this time.
To be honest this sounds more like "you're forgetting the fact that I don't like this time."
Last edited by Ragnorak on 02 Feb 2014 13:11, edited 1 time in total.
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!