Voting for TrueWoW

All things that player must know or can be of their use such as general information, policies, rules, FAQ, guides and instructions, various language translations.
Nyeriah

Voting for TrueWoW

#1 » Post by Nyeriah » 29 Dec 2013 12:44

Hello!

By voting to our server, you not only show how much you appreciate our work but also help advertising our server to grantee that our population is always high and steady. Also, as a thanks for your support, you'll be awarded web points every time you vote that can be spent on pets, mounts and other fancy items at our store!

At our new website, designed to make every management process as simple as they should be, we have accomplished few improvements to our voting page. Here's an easy to read, simple and descriptive guide that can be followed if you find yourself in need of help.

1st - Log your forum account!

Remember, in order to log in on the new website you must create a forum account if you don't have one already. You can ONLY log forum accounts. Once you have logged your forum account, you can link in-game accounts to it using the Account Manager tool at the top navigation bar!
Spoiler:
To login, you can either use the quick login form at the upper right corner or mouse over the yellow user icon. Hovering the user icon will give you two drop down options: login, which leads you to the authentication page and register, which leads you to the registration page.

As stated previously, if you haven't got a forum account yet, click "register" to get one!

2nd - The Navigation Bar

Our friendly and helpful navigation bar ensures that every tool and feature you need are right at your hand, being much easier to find and access from whichever page you're surfing at.

The Vote page can be found by hovering your mouse over the "Community" menu item as can be seen on the picture below.
Spoiler:
3rd - The Vote Page!

And here we are, the vote page. At first, it shows us some useful information that I'd like to highlight.
- You can click each link once every 12 to 24 hours due to vote site limits.
- You may gain a maximum of 20 points per account a day.
- Players that try to cheat or hack the Vote Reward System will be banned.
- For your vote to be counted you must click vote, type in the security code (captcha) and then click the TrueWoW banner.
Vote sites marked with * don't require clicking on the banner
Spoiler:
You may vote for us as many times as you want! Either by having a dynamic IP, logging at a friend's place or a public access point, however, only a maximum of 20 points will be awarded per day to prevent abuses.

Right under the notices section, users will find the account information panel. There a drop-down list at "Account" will allow users to select an account, that the web points for the votes cast will be awarded to, as can be seen on the image below.

The accounts displayed there are the accounts linked to your forum account by the Account Manager tool. To link or unlink an account, check this link http://www.truewow.org/account-manager
Spoiler:
Notice that the number besides the account name is the current amount of web points that it has
Once the account has been chosen, the account information panel will fill itself with the information from the selected account aaand then! We may cast our vote to any of the websites that can be found at the right corner, as here:
Spoiler:
Then we just click vote, a new page with the voting site will show up on your browser. You'll eventually have to fill a captcha and submit, then it's done! You have successfully voted for TrueWoW and the chosen account rewarded with points.

A timer will be displayed where previously the vote button was located telling you when you'll be able to vote for the given site again.

Remember, this is merely to help you know when your points will be awarded as you can vote as many times as you want!

I believe this is all for now. This guide might be updated if necessary.

See you all around and thank you!

Nyeriah,
TrueWoW-STAFF

bmuzyn

Re: Voting for TrueWoW

#2 » Post by bmuzyn » 20 Jan 2014 19:05

Thanks for the tutorial! I got my 10 points!

Ahlen

#3 » Post by Ahlen » 28 Jan 2014 17:23

Are you sure the system is working properly? I was able to vote only in 4 ranking sites:

http://forum.hellground.net/uploads/img ... __vote.png

I've voted on the other sites as well but it seems like my votes are not even counted.

emsy
Former Staff

#4 » Post by emsy » 28 Jan 2014 17:29

Ahlen wrote:Are you sure the system is working properly? I was able to vote only in 4 ranking sites:

http://forum.hellground.net/uploads/img ... __vote.png

I've voted on the other sites as well but it seems like my votes are not even counted.
see the text on top of http://www.truewow.org/vote
For your vote to be counted you must click vote, type in the security code (captcha) and then click the TrueWoW banner.

Ahlen

#5 » Post by Ahlen » 28 Jan 2014 21:45

Oh dear. I am so sorry. I am use to vote with no need to click on banner.

My apology for usless posts. You can delete them :)

keez
Donor

#6 » Post by keez » 29 Jan 2014 00:34

I dont see how voting will get us new players, we all know that people vote just so they can buy something with votepoints. Anyway prices are too high now so i dont even bother voting anymore, it takes ages to get enough points to buy something.

kolo1289320opas

#7 » Post by kolo1289320opas » 26 Jul 2014 22:54

ive been trying to vote since very time i vote i get the points but after i come back the next day i didnt have the points from voting

Kniteknite

#8 » Post by Kniteknite » 13 Dec 2015 11:45

with donating , do I need to set up an account with that Paymentwall thing first, as I'm getting blocked . The first time i donated it was with PayPal so I'm new to the changes , Thanks ~
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Roel
Founder

#9 » Post by Roel » 13 Dec 2015 11:55

Kniteknite wrote:with donating , do I need to set up an account with that Paymentwall thing first, as I'm getting blocked . The first time i donated it was with PayPal so I'm new to the changes , Thanks ~
Not sure why you're asking that in this topic but it generally shouldn't be required to create an account with them. If your card is getting blocked then they will often ask for some extra information to verifiy your identity, like most online payment processors. If there were no clear instructions from the donate application then they can also be mailed at: paymentsupport@paymentwall.com