Download the Truewow Client

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Reifr

Download the Truewow Client

#1 » Post by Reifr » 30 Jun 2013 21:42

#################################################################################################################
.: UPDATE :.

Due to some unforseen problems Reifr's Server (that was hosting the main torrent and was doing most of its seeding) is currently down until further notice. There are mirrors that TrueWoW Supply on the downloads page. Please use these torrents and not the ones posted below.
#################################################################################################################
[hide]Server bills are expensive please consider generating some ad revenue or donating bitcoin:1EptRuxDcf5w7mqFE4df1vMgWiv64eCjVP

Also checkout Reifr's Gold Raffle giving away free gold monthly!!

I have noticed that it is getting harder to obtain a 3.3.5a client and going through all of that patching and installing from vanilla just to get a working version is such a pain so i decided i am going to host a truewow client already updated to version 3.3.5a, storage wise it can be placed anywhere on your PC. It is not zip'ed, rar'ed or compressed so you can play and seed at the same time if you wish to do so without having to have a compressed and an uncompressed version taking up double the hard drive space.

Instructions
1. Download with your favorite torrent client.

2. Go into your downloads find WoW.exe inside the World.of.Warcraft.3.3.5a.Truewow folder make a shortcut to desktop double click and PROFIT.

3. Make sure you login into the truewow server with your username not your Email as the client requests. If you do use your email the client will begin to update if you let the client update you will have to delete and re-download the client again.

Comes pre-patched to 3.3.5a and Realm list is already changed to Truewow's login server.

Seeded by Reifr for the wonderful players of Truewow with a Tier 3, 1Gbps server.

https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/172533 ... 5a.Truewow

Download Truewow Mac Client 3.3.5a Torrent (Thanks Electrone)

Alternative Download Methods

Torrent file extension bypass
---------------------------------------
Does your crappy ISP block downloads with the *.torrent extension?
PC:
Right Click > save link as change the extension from .txt to .torrent and place in your favorite torrent client.
Mac:
Right Click > save link as

Http Download
---------------------------------------
At college or on a connection that blocks all p2p/torrent Traffic? Here is a link to a more compatible
Direct Download PC. Md5:9838ffc1e03f746110b0a37881be2cb9

highly recommended that you check MD5 hash to ensure you have a complete copy and that it was not changed or edited by anyone but me!

This download method requires far more system resources on the server vs. the torrent method so the Http Download will contain one intermission advert.[/hide]
Last edited by Anonymous on 03 Feb 2015 15:31, edited 66 times in total.

Polkic
Former Staff

Re: Download Truewow Client

#2 » Post by Polkic » 30 Jun 2013 22:21

We alredy have our client download. You can seed anyway :)

Heihachi
Developer

#3 » Post by Heihachi » 01 Jul 2013 02:52

Polkic wrote:We alredy have our client download. You can seed anyway :)
actually i downloaded all the ones we have posted (truewow versions where you dont have to change the realmlist) and i can only get half atm this is being seeded at all times and im seeding it as well.

Polkic
Former Staff

#4 » Post by Polkic » 01 Jul 2013 08:32

Ok :)

Heihachi
Developer

#5 » Post by Heihachi » 09 Jul 2013 15:08

Making this a global Sticky so any new players on any part of the forums can see this.

Drago

#6 » Post by Drago » 09 Jul 2013 15:32

Heihachi, may I suggest you put a link to this in the guide on the website on how to play? In here: http://www.truewow.org/?p=support&sub=howtoplay and to even extend the popularity of it, make the Game Guide the first tab of the menu instead of the news one if you'd like.
What you visualize is what you create around you.
When you visualize something good or bad you will always get it! So better visualize what you really want :-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drago - Retribution/Protection Paladin [Main]
Shiftylegs - Restoration/Ballance Druid
Aquanova - Arcane/Fire Mage
Strongtail - Frost/Unholy DK
ImageImage

Heihachi
Developer

#7 » Post by Heihachi » 09 Jul 2013 15:35

Drago wrote:Heihachi, may I suggest you put a link to this in the guide on the website on how to play? In here: http://www.truewow.org/?p=support&sub=howtoplay and to even extend the popularity of it, make the Game Guide the first tab of the menu instead of the news one if you'd like.
done :P

Drago

#8 » Post by Drago » 09 Jul 2013 16:06

Heihachi wrote:
Drago wrote:Heihachi, may I suggest you put a link to this in the guide on the website on how to play? In here: http://www.truewow.org/?p=support&sub=howtoplay and to even extend the popularity of it, make the Game Guide the first tab of the menu instead of the news one if you'd like.
done :P
What about making the "Game Guide" the first menu tab? And also you added the link as a last line, perhaps it'd be better as a first line and then do something like this:
* <first line with the link and description you put>
Or you could use this way to install it:
*<old way to install it here>
What you visualize is what you create around you.
When you visualize something good or bad you will always get it! So better visualize what you really want :-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drago - Retribution/Protection Paladin [Main]
Shiftylegs - Restoration/Ballance Druid
Aquanova - Arcane/Fire Mage
Strongtail - Frost/Unholy DK
ImageImage

Reifr

#9 » Post by Reifr » 11 Jul 2013 09:43

I see that there is 6 people leeching atm and im curious if the download performance is adequate enough all six peers are downloading at 6MB/s collectively. did the download max your internet connection out? if not i might be able to tweak some settings to get better performance. feed back is appreciated.

nicolaitai

#10 » Post by nicolaitai » 13 Jul 2013 10:14

Hi, I'm new here.

I downloaded this client and started the game via a shortcut with my username and password but it tells me "Unable to connect. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact technical support at [us.blizzard.com]".

realmlist is ok and I'm on patch 3.3.5 (12340), no idea what's going on.

Update: Sometimes it just gets stuck on 'Authenticating' when I try to login.

Heihachi
Developer

#11 » Post by Heihachi » 13 Jul 2013 13:23

Make sure your account is active I believe you have to activate by email

samrat16

#12 » Post by samrat16 » 13 Jul 2013 17:09

reifr its me sweety if u remember me . how can i contact u ?

isokill

#13 » Post by isokill » 15 Jul 2013 22:45

okay so I downloaded the client from here, after many an hour spent waiting I clicked the Wow icon with much glee and created an account over at truewow.org, then I logged into wow and it told me I had to update it. Do I let it update or is that wrong seeing as the server is at 3.3.5? I'm so confused and I just want to play world of warcraft.

Polkic
Former Staff

#14 » Post by Polkic » 15 Jul 2013 22:48

Go into wow folder. Look for WOW.EXE and be sure to run WOW.EXE and not LUNCHER.EXE. They have same icon.

Teal Deer

#15 » Post by Teal Deer » 15 Jul 2013 22:55

^ that.

and login using your username. not email.