Bug Reporting

MacHeat

Bug Reporting

#1 » Post by MacHeat » 30 Jan 2013 03:17

I'm gonna report some warlock bug's that i find on this topic.
I've already reported succubus, felhunter, infernal and doom...
This one goes for Grand Firestone and Grand Spellstone. The +1% effect doesn't work.
Next one is, ofc, Shadowfury. Shadowfury should ignore LoS. A target can't go behind a pillar and somehow avoid AoE stun. Or in AB, for example, in the water near BS. Enemy player can just stand behind a box that is in water and avoid Shadowfury >.<
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
Mac - Undead Warlock SPERMIK
MacHeat - Demolition Warlock ™, Blood Elf - Bloodcraft
MacHeat - Undead Warlock TW!]

Vaen

Re: Bug Reporting

#2 » Post by Vaen » 30 Jan 2013 12:33

Next one is, ofc, Shadowfury. Shadowfury should ignore LoS. A target can't go behind a pillar and somehow avoid AoE stun.
Yes, he can. AoE spells don't ignore line of sight, your shadowfury can be LoS'd if you cast it near a pillar
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

MacHeat

#3 » Post by MacHeat » 31 Jan 2013 23:30

nope, it cant.ive played on Arena Tournament, even watched video clips about it. u cant LoS shadowfury. if you're in the area of effect, u will be stunned. simple as that
One more thing i failed to report, Succubus is only good for 1 seduction. she buggs out after the first seduction
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."

aceofhearts

#4 » Post by aceofhearts » 04 Apr 2013 11:13

I have found one more bug which would be very annyoing if i played affliction end-game. Im lvl 61 still and i have haunt spell which gives me back 800 hp like it should do but when i crit with it i stil get 800 hp back instead of 1500 that was my cit.. actually even more than 1500 because of demon armor

Myaoming
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Myaoming » 04 Apr 2013 14:26

That's true. I reported that not long ago on TC.
https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/issues/9463
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Vaen

#6 » Post by Vaen » 05 Apr 2013 01:01

nope, it cant.ive played on Arena Tournament, even watched video clips about it. u cant LoS shadowfury. if you're in the area of effect, u will be stunned. simple as that
Again, no. Go watch those videos again, you can place your shadowfury in such a way that it reaches a target not in line of sight if you cast it past the corner of the pillar (this is rather difficult to explain)
Imagine one pillar in Nagrand arena and let c1,c2,c3,c4 be its corners

´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´Point 1
´´´´´Enemy
c1----------c2
| ´´´´´´´´´´´´´| Point 2
| ´´´´´´´´´´´´´|
| ´´´´´´´´´´´´´|
| ´´´´´´´´´´´´´|
| ´´´´´´´´´´´´´|
c3-----------c4

´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´You

If you cast shadowfury on Point 1 then he will get hit by it, on the other hand, if you cast shadowfury on Point 2, the shadowfury will do nothing no matter how close the enemy is to c2. What I'm saying basically is:
1) You can dictate shadowfury's center as long as the point you choose is in YOUR line of sight (that means: if you draw a straight line from the center of the shadowfury to your player, the line does not come in contact with any obstacles such as a pillar and isn't longer than shadowfury's range (36 yards?)
2) The shadowfury you casted at whichever eligible point, say p (this p will be the center of your shadowfury), will damage and stun all the targets that meet the following requirement: the target is in the shadowfury's line of sight; what that means is that if you draw a straight line from the target to point p this line does not come in contact with any obstacles and isn't longer than 8 yards which is shadowfury's radius.

Most targeted area of effect spells work exactly in the same fashion. These include Rain of fire, Blizzard, Mass dispel, Mind Sear (except the point p is moving and you don't choose it), Volley engineering grenades, etc. Exceptions to rule #2 include area of effect spells whose effects linger after having been cast and do not need to be channeled (think of these as "soiling and sullying" the ground beneath them and therefore going past beneath the pillars), these include Death and Decay, Flamestrike, Consecration(except consecration is not targeted), etc. If we classified area of effect spells as instant, lingering, and channeled, only the lingering ones are supposed to get past pillars (as in hitting the target when being cast on Point 2 in the picture) are the lingering ones.

Hope it cleared it up
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

aceofhearts

#7 » Post by aceofhearts » 07 Apr 2013 00:33

that is the problem, even if u cast it on point 1 , your target wont get hit by shadowfury, because the player isnt in your line of sight, thats the bug he talked about I think.. I noticed that too although in wsg which has many LoS bugged spots

edit: I just tried on few mobs and it definently cant hit like u said if u cast it on point one

Vaen

#8 » Post by Vaen » 07 Apr 2013 06:20

that is the problem, even if u cast it on point 1 , your target wont get hit by shadowfury, because the player isnt in your line of sight, thats the bug he talked about I think.. I noticed that too although in wsg which has many LoS bugged spots
if you cast it on point 1 it won't hit the target because he's not in shadowfury's line of sight. If you notice, when you cast it on point 2, the target is not in your line of sight, but he DOES get hit by shadowfury because he is in shadowfury's line of sight.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

aceofhearts

#9 » Post by aceofhearts » 07 Apr 2013 20:39

ok i dont understand what u re saying, in 1st post u said "If you cast shadowfury on Point 1 then he will get hit by it, on the other hand, if you cast shadowfury on Point 2, the shadowfury will do nothing no matter how close the enemy is to c2" and now u said it gets hit when casted on point 2. Anyway all I know my target get hit only if the target is in my LoS, otherwise nothing happens no matter where i put the center of shadowfury and no matter how close to my enemy

MacHeat

#10 » Post by MacHeat » 07 Jul 2013 03:07

i know what you mean. i also know how the spell works. and yet im still saying the same thing. Shadowfury = bugged!
-Why?
- Shadowfury needs to affect the enemy's in SHADOWFURY's LoS! on TW its affected by PLAYERS line of sight. if the target is behind a pillar, there is no way for you to stun him. end of discussion, its bugged :)
and no matter how much i qq on forum about the demons and spell buggs, i doubt it will ever be fixed :D

Justicelight
Donor

#11 » Post by Justicelight » 07 Jul 2013 15:30

Ohai, please report the bug for warlocks that makes a spell not having global cooldown after you cast immolate. Oh wait, lets report only nerf bugs. eh
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Myaoming
Former Staff

#12 » Post by Myaoming » 07 Jul 2013 18:03

What Justice?

Gnoumy

#13 » Post by Gnoumy » 10 Jul 2013 17:57

Silly Justice ofc immolate triggers gcd, nothing wrong with that.

MacHeat

#14 » Post by MacHeat » 26 Jul 2013 01:41

when you have so many negative buggs and only 1 positive on a server where every class has lots of positive buggs, im not reporting anything. and thats not rly that big of a boost. immolate can be covered with corruption or silence so the target cant dispel it. if the server works anywhere near as good as some1 would hope, i would gladly make a post reporting gcd. but untill they fix fear, spell lock , demons sharing benefits with masters, demons abilities (every god damn demon is bugged)
improved succubus and stuff, not to mention resil, warr dmg, hunter dmg, and every god damn dmg, im not saying anything :)

Myaoming
Former Staff

#15 » Post by Myaoming » 26 Jul 2013 01:58

No wait, really. What about that Immolate GCD? I don't get it. I tested it and it was pretty much normal.