[Rejected] Category: Report simple bugs

Leaf

[Rejected] Category: Report simple bugs

#1 » Post by Leaf » 17 May 2013 17:22

I suggest a category where one can report server bugs that are easy and quick to fix but that are not quests (now that the server has developers).

Examples:
  • Thorim (NPC 30390) has the wrong X, Z coordinates but, mainly, is also placed way high up in the air making it impossible to interact with him. He completes a quest and starts another.
  • If relogging while mounted in the air and then dismounting close above ground, one always gets killed "after a long fall". This also goes for warriors that jump off a cliff, fall a mile, just to charge/intercept/intervene something on the ground. The "starts-to-fall" position should be set every time someone finishes such an ability or dismounts a flying mount.
  • Stinky's Plague Stench (spell 71805) should be affected by LoS. See the Stinky section at http://freewowguide.org/wow-boss-guide- ... d-friends/ .
  • When an auction is successful, the deposited money should be refunded. Right now, only 1s is added to the sell money no matter how much one deposited.
- Introducing the all new eyePhone 2.0!
[People cheer and take out their money.]
- Dumb bastards.

Polkic
Former Staff

Re: Category: Report simple bugs

#2 » Post by Polkic » 17 May 2013 18:06

I support this, I kinda miss this section from BC.

Drago

#3 » Post by Drago » 17 May 2013 19:22

The last one is not a bug, Roel implemented this a long time ago to balance economy...
What you visualize is what you create around you.
When you visualize something good or bad you will always get it! So better visualize what you really want :-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drago - Retribution/Protection Paladin [Main]
Shiftylegs - Restoration/Ballance Druid
Aquanova - Arcane/Fire Mage
Strongtail - Frost/Unholy DK
ImageImage

Myaoming
Former Staff

#4 » Post by Myaoming » 17 May 2013 20:51

Leaf wrote:I suggest a category where one can report server bugs that are easy and quick to fix but that are not quests (now that the server has developers).
Agreeing with the idea.
Leaf wrote:Thorim (NPC 30390) has the wrong X, Z coordinates but, mainly, is also placed way high up in the air making it impossible to interact with him. He completes a quest and starts another.
Confirming, but I guess it's just a Z issue.

Leaf wrote:When an auction is successful, the deposited money should be refunded. Right now, only 1s is added to the sell money no matter how much one deposited.
As Drago explained above, Roel changed the deposit to 1 silver to stimulate the AH, so we don't end up using AHBot.
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Leaf

#5 » Post by Leaf » 18 May 2013 12:04

Em..? I'm not sure what "balance economy" means.

If the item doesn't sell, you lose the deposit (working correctly). The problem here is that you lose the deposit even if it does sell and a sell fee is not deducted (5% or 15%):
  • For items that sell at an AH price close to vendor price, one ends up losing money because the money made minus the deposit is lower than what one would've gotten from selling the item to a vendor. Example: Saronite Bars are now at AH for 3g a piece. The 24h deposit is 1g 87s 50c. Selling a bar to a vendor gives you 1g 25s. If your bar sells, you make 3g - 1g 87s 50c = 1g 12s 50c which is less than you get if you sell it to a vendor right away!
  • For items that sell at an AH price much higher than vendor price, one makes a profit because when an item sells, a certain percentage of the sell price should be deducted, but isn't. Example: Ikfirus's Sack of Wonder has a 24h deposit fee of 18g 74s 94c and a sell price of 8000g. When it sells, you should lose 5% of 8000g = 400g and regain the deposit. Instead, you end up making 400g - 18g 74s 94c = 381g 25s 06c more.
See http://www.wowwiki.com/Auction_House#Selling_items .

The point here is that this change favors expensive (rare) items and discourages selling farmable stuff, making it even harder for new players to make money, no?
- Introducing the all new eyePhone 2.0!
[People cheer and take out their money.]
- Dumb bastards.

Doctor_J
Developer

#6 » Post by Doctor_J » 18 May 2013 22:50

I support this suggestion, we only have section on forum when some bugs may not have nothing to do with quests.

I think instead of just having quest completer report we should have a section for reporting bugs and sub-forums for reporting quests for quest completer, bugged/missing npcs, problems with items ie items missing from loot tables, faction change issues, etc, etc

Drago

#7 » Post by Drago » 18 May 2013 22:53

That's what In-Game Customer Support for... Anyway having a separate section for general bugs on the server would be good.
When you visualize something good or bad you will always get it! So better visualize what you really want :-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImage

Polkic
Former Staff

#8 » Post by Polkic » 19 May 2013 00:48

Maybe even sub-forum for quests based on general zone(NR, kalimdor, EK, OL)

Heihachi
Developer

#9 » Post by Heihachi » 19 May 2013 01:32

I actually made a suggestion a while ago for something like it. Nothing like making a forums post but it was geared more to testers.

What is looks like

It was never added because noone had time to manage it but i still think it would be a great addition.

Intervention
Former Staff

#10 » Post by Intervention » 19 May 2013 05:36

For the time being a section can be created labelled 'Bug Reports Here'. Or, it may be preferable to have In-Game Customer Support renamed and sub sectioned as 'Customer Support'.

Customer Support expands to:
- Bug Reports
- Account Support
- Transactions Support
- PTR discussion and support

Or perhaps even remove Tech Support and merge both supports. So..

Customer Support:

- Account Support
- Bug Reports
- PTR Reports and discussion
- Transaction Support (Perhaps can be called 'Site shop' support)?
- Technical Support
- Mac Technical Support
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Drago

#11 » Post by Drago » 19 May 2013 06:50

Intervention wrote:For the time being a section can be created labelled 'Bug Reports Here'. Or, it may be preferable to have In-Game Customer Support renamed and sub sectioned as 'Customer Support'.

- Bug Reports
- Account Support
- Transactions Support

Or perhaps even remove Tech Support and merge both supports. So..

Customer Support:

- Account Support
- Bug Reports
- PTR Reports and discussion
- Transaction Support (Perhaps can be called 'Site shop' support)?
- Technical Support
- Mac Technical Support
Too confusing, I sense it already, there will be a lot of mess with this thing being implemented, just make something at one time.
ImageImage

Myaoming
Former Staff

#12 » Post by Myaoming » 19 May 2013 13:52

Intervention wrote:For the time being a section can be created labelled 'Bug Reports Here'. Or, it may be preferable to have In-Game Customer Support renamed and sub sectioned as 'Customer Support'.

- Bug Reports
- Account Support
- Transactions Support
This! Better leave Technical Support in my opinion.
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Heihachi
Developer

#13 » Post by Heihachi » 20 May 2013 09:44

I can setup the bug tracker in less then a day so if anyone will use it I could ask roel to make a database for it and give the website access to it then I can start.

Problem is will anyone use it?

Intervention
Former Staff

#14 » Post by Intervention » 20 May 2013 10:25

The usage will be low. But better than nothing. I think I will split the forum space regardless because ingame customer support is a mess.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Heihachi
Developer

#15 » Post by Heihachi » 21 May 2013 04:40

Intervention wrote:The usage will be low. But better than nothing. I think I will split the forum space regardless because ingame customer support is a mess.
well i will add the BT core files but its up to roel to add the database it will use and the tables.