Stone Keeper's Shards

Discussion forum for the many World of Warcraft Achievements.
Gnurg

Stone Keeper's Shards

#1 » Post by Gnurg » 23 Feb 2013 12:25

Hey!

I was just curious if anyone knew how the Stone Keeper's Shards were droping? Because I thought they droped off any Northrend Heroic Dungeon boss, except for PoS, FoS & HoR. But I guess that was wrong... as when I did both Gundrak and Utgarde Keep today, only Eck from Gundrak droped the Shards.

Anyways, if anyone has any tips to farm them up quickly or any suggestion of how I get them to drop, please tell!

Thanks in advance,
~Gnurg
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Doctor_J
Developer

Re: Stone Keeper's Shards

#2 » Post by Doctor_J » 23 Feb 2013 12:39

Stone keepers shards are only meant to drop with 100% drop chance if your faction is in control of Wintergrasp, since Wintergrasp does not work these where made to drop with 50% drop chance, all northrend 5 man dungeon and 5 man heroic bosses can drop these, obviously HC bosses drop more.

Gnurg

#3 » Post by Gnurg » 23 Feb 2013 13:09

Aha. I guess I'm just rather unlucky today then. =P
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Gnurg

#4 » Post by Gnurg » 27 Feb 2013 12:06

To me it seems on heroic that the number of Shards droped vary between 1 and 4, but it should always be 4 shards droped on heroic and 3 on normal.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
KTHXBYE

Doctor_J
Developer

#5 » Post by Doctor_J » 27 Feb 2013 12:32

Well from what I can gather level 80 dungeons should always drop 4 shards, normal dungeons is 1-3 shards depending on level of dungeon,

Loot entries for these have actually never been touched by us, and like when there are like 200+ loot entries to cover all wotlk normal & heroic raid bosses its not going to be easy to adjust all those entries,

and to be honest you should be thankful that these drop at all without wintergrasp working.