A couple suggestions

Keep the trash in order ! Need to recycle :)
kapdon

A couple suggestions

#1 » Post by kapdon » 15 Dec 2012 05:00

Hello,
I am new here, and have leveled a character to level 40, joined a guild, and have found that most of the community is friendly and helpful. I joined the community because I was tired of a certain other sever being over populated with rude people and bad lag, even though they advertise lag free realms. However, there were some issues with TrueWow that were annoying, but bearable enough to over look.

First, the server gives the feel of an aging core. Not to be insulting but playing on this sever reminds me of what it was like to play on private servers three years ago, even if the core is updated. The server seems to crash a lot. I experience this every time I log on, not just once or twice, but numerous times. Sometimes two or three times in a five minute span. Another issue is the line of site. I see it is installed but it is apparently broken or very bugged. When entering any type of building you are instantly surrounded by npc from within the entire building. They come from upstairs, other rooms, and even from outside the building. This makes it difficult to complete tasks when soloing. Even when running through fields, it is very easy to pull more creatures then you can handle. The threat radius seems high. I'm not for sure what the threat radius is set to but it feels like mobs are being pulled from 70-80 yards away. Lowering the ThreatRadius and CreatureFamilyAssistanceRadius would be helpful to new players to the server. This would certainly help with alleviating the issues with line of site.

You should have an option to discuss news announcements in the forums from the announcements on the main page. A link to a newly created topic at the bottom of every new announcement. This would be a great easy way to receive feedback.

I was thinking of trying to have a character or two transferred to TrueWow. However, like I stated at the beginning of this post, i enjoyed the lag free connection I was receiving and with the server being moved to Europe I am sure not to enjoy this anymore. I am not really suggesting that you don't relocate the server, I understand why this decision was made. Just wanted to say that I wish you wouldn't do it :)

Last, I want to say congrats on the BloodCraft merger. I checked out their forum and it seems that many players are expecting to 'raise the bar' and create a helpful and friendly environment when merged with TrueWow. They will be most surprised when they find that the environment they want to create already exists.

Kindzadza
Former Staff

Re: A couple suggestions

#2 » Post by Kindzadza » 15 Dec 2012 08:15

The crashes are not that frequent as you may think.There was a bug with the core,but it is fixed now so I hope the server will be more stable from now on.

About the threat radius I can agree.Had a hard time myself when leveling long time ago.

Nyeriah

Re: A couple suggestions

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 12 Nov 2014 06:13

Neither of these issues are still valid. Moving this to junk as it wasn't a valid suggestion to start with.