Do you want the Auction House Bot (AH bot) to be enabled?

Keep the trash in order ! Need to recycle :)

Should the AH bot be enabled again?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 84

Intervention
Former Staff

Do you want the Auction House Bot (AH bot) to be enabled?

#1 » Post by Intervention » 23 Oct 2012 02:15

As the title says, vote Yes for the AHbot to be enabled and No for it to stay disabled.

What is the AH bot?

The AH bot is a bot which sells and buys items that we specificy such as profession materials, gems, weapons or containers. It sells at a price we seem reasonable and can be used to increase economic value or inflate prices. It can also be used to reduce high inflation and regulate the economy.

Why was the AH bot disabled?

It was disabled back in 2011 when we were over 400 population. The economy coped well with the auction houses for Alliance/Horde linked so we disabled it. It was then disabled again after Spermik merged with us. It is at the point where we are between 430-600 online and thus it was disabled.

Why do we want it back?

There are a number of arguments, you can view them here http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6481 Basically some materials aren't being sold (those by low levels) and if they are, they are being sold at a high price because there is little supply and a lot of demand. Laziness is another issue; a number of 80s want it to just buy mats instead of farm them or buy them from real players. Thus, the AH bot can at the same time damage the economy.

If voted 'Yes' the AH bot will be implemented but not sell weapons and containers etc. It will only sell profession materials such as cloth, some fish and so on.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Sanity

Re: Do you want the Auction House Bot (AH bot) to be enabled?

#2 » Post by Sanity » 23 Oct 2012 02:22

@Inter: A more appropriate link would be http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6481 as the topic died and got reopened on its first page.

That said, all arguing has been done. If I wanted quick progress on stuff like professions, leveling, anything else, I'd be on some funserver, not a server claiming to aim to offer the true blizzlike experience.

lollypop

#3 » Post by lollypop » 23 Oct 2012 16:34

Voted yes.

I know it's not the blizzlike way, but i liked the AH bot. he was way too expensive for me to level a whole proffesion off AH, but it was great when i ran out of mats 1 or 2 points before a "level up".

Boxis
Donor

#4 » Post by Boxis » 23 Oct 2012 17:10

no,its like giving items for free since they cost like 1-5g per stack of some low lvl mat.

Roel
Founder

#5 » Post by Roel » 23 Oct 2012 17:19

All prices can be changed together if that's the problem, it's not a valid argument.

Boxis
Donor

#6 » Post by Boxis » 23 Oct 2012 17:39

Peithne wrote:Then why should we reward them with 3v3 benefits if they don't 3v3? We have the pop for 3v3, the fact that no wants to doesn't mean we should spoon feed them rewards like children.
Why should we give people free accessible items if they are lazy to farm them at all.We have population for farming low lvl mats and enough people with proffesions but people are just lazy.
Peithne wrote:The fact that no wants to doesn't mean we should spoon feed them rewards like children.
Just pointing out that those two problematics are quite similar in my opinion.

narcissa

#7 » Post by narcissa » 23 Oct 2012 18:15

I have to be against it too. And having the AHbot enabled is useful to me, but I don't find it fair. Every time you need something, whatever it is, it's there in the AH, most of the times quite cheap. No one needs to farm for fish or herbs because there's the AHbot already. If people aren't pushed alone to farm and sell, the AHbot isn't gonna help anyone except having anything you need at any given time without anyone's effort.

Mmeko

#8 » Post by Mmeko » 23 Oct 2012 18:51

I think the biggest problem with mats obtained from gathering professions isn't that they aren't farmed, but that almost no one bothers putting them in the AH. Instead of doing that, people prefer spamming some WTS macro in the global channels and sell them that way. I guess this is why the AH is almost constantly empty, not because people don't farm mats.

I voted "no". I don't think we can believe our server is still small enough to need something like an AHbot, even if we got used to it

Doctor_J
Developer

#9 » Post by Doctor_J » 23 Oct 2012 18:57

Well believe there have been issues of items been lost o ah or gold not been received from ah after a sale.

One bug I know about with AH is if the server is offline for whatever reason when your auction expires (eg crash, update, whatever) when server starts backup it deletes expired auctions without returning the items to players so that could explain why some items go missing but idk about gold from sales but that's probably reason why some people don't like putting items on ah.

Mysterygamer

#10 » Post by Mysterygamer » 23 Oct 2012 22:31

I voted to return it, because some of the mats just aren't in the ah at all. And if they are in it, it's for a ridiculous high price. Even though we have a good population now,well a 'decent' one that is.It still isn't enough to have a decent economy. Since most of the people are lvl 80 ,classic and tbc items are a very rare sight in the ah, this is where the ahbot would do good.

So I voted to get it back.

Nexxus

#11 » Post by Nexxus » 23 Oct 2012 22:40

Voted yes

Roel
Founder

#12 » Post by Roel » 23 Oct 2012 22:47

This poll is getting exciting.

narcissa

#13 » Post by narcissa » 23 Oct 2012 23:13

Roel wrote:This poll is getting exciting.
lol'd.

So having the AHbot how exactly is helping the economy?

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#14 » Post by Kindzadza » 24 Oct 2012 00:16

It doesn't...I hope NO wins :/

Mmeko

#15 » Post by Mmeko » 24 Oct 2012 00:20