Do you want the Auction House Bot (AH bot) to be enabled?

Keep the trash in order ! Need to recycle :)

Should the AH bot be enabled again?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 84

Sanity

Re: Do you want the Auction House Bot (AH bot) to be enabled?

#16 » Post by Sanity » 24 Oct 2012 00:39

Enabling AHBot would lead to selling stuff no longer being rewarded and laziness, not farming stuff yourself or simply being patient for a good buy, being rewarded.

What can I say more ... The population of a blizzlike server that wishes to play on a blizzlike server often has very unblizzlike desires. We go blizzlike because we "want it hard", but at the same time it's in the human nature to want things easy. We want things! People too often don't realize that not having things immediately adds to their enjoyment.

narcissa

#17 » Post by narcissa » 24 Oct 2012 01:15

lol

(I feel like Warpath now)

Discarnate

#18 » Post by Discarnate » 24 Oct 2012 01:24

Is our AH perfect? It certainly isn't. But, that's the difference between vendors and an AH. And, I realize its pain over most people actually. In the last week, I have leveled 3 professions from scratch to 400+ with no gathering professions of my own. Sometimes, I found things for very cheap. Sometimes, they were very expensive. Sometimes, they were simply outrageous and hilarious. However, it was fun for me apart from the 10k gold vanishing off of my pockets.

For instance, I had to search real lowbie miners, "place" orders for cheaper items in bulk amounts. That's how it's done when the AH is being troublesome on a particular item. It was fun for me. I miss doing things outside raiding and PvP. I've done the same with several lowbie and level 80 miners. And, they also started putting things up for more reasonable prices in the AH since "that was how it was better sold".

Some things are placed with very strange prices in the AH. That's true. My advice is to simply not buy them and address it in the World with a gentle manner at times. It works. They do get changed. The lowbies aren't all evil.

P.S. I do not mind the AH being enabled again. But, it should only sell (not buy) things. And, it should only sell the most uncommon but useful things. However, I voted a general "no".
Law Student | Professional Musician

"Those who are heartless, once cared too much."

Discarnate: Shaman [PvP] Enh. - 5/5 Wrathful ~ [PvE] Enh. - 6389 GS
Discussion: Warrior [PvP] Arms - 4/5 Wrathful ~ [PvE] Fury - 6566 GS
Discalceate: Druid [PvP] Feral - 4/5 Wrathful ~ [PvE] Cat - 6356 GS
Discordance: DK [PvP] Unh. - 4/5 Wrathful ~ [PvE] Unh. - 6194 GS

Armory links embedded.

Former guild Leader of "Hellraisers", a Horde guild.

Flexall
Donor

#19 » Post by Flexall » 24 Oct 2012 01:38

The AH enabled last time only sold stuff, not buy it. It was one of the criterias for being enabled again.
Ever get stuck not knowing how to play free WoW? Well have no fear, just go here and download the game completely free (it's safe, even I use it). Once you do so, you will need to change your realmlist. You can do this by opening the WoW directory and navigating to (Data>EnUs>) open up realmlist.wtf with notepad and change it to

Code: Select all

Set Realmlist login.truewow.org
Congratulations!
Now you can run WoW.exe and login with your account name and password on our server

On a side-note, if you are having issues accessing TPB you can use an alternate proxie in this list.

Ultra

#20 » Post by Ultra » 24 Oct 2012 02:36

Of course not.

Teal Deer

#21 » Post by Teal Deer » 24 Oct 2012 03:40

make a dk. ignore proffesions till ~75 lv. chose jwc/ench.
die of boredom while farming mats to level it up [we didnt have ah bot and population was less than 300 online max].
i dont think it should be easy. its a low rate blizz like server.
you know how many clams i had to open to get that #%king black pearl?!
make a macro with name and amout of required item and reasonable price you r willing to pay for it and spam on trade.
if you need lowlevel mats for profession progres you dont need that right away.
you can wait day or few... think about getting a life, not having 6k gs. or read a book.

Lily

#22 » Post by Lily » 24 Oct 2012 11:19

Definitely no.

I use to sit almost an hour to fish up a stack of Moonglow Cuttlefish and bake myself some Cuttlesteak, they have only 2 pools in Dragonblight and that's normal Blizzlike. Once we merged, i bought 100+ from AHbot within one day and stacked them up in my bank. Same went with Snowfall Ink and Ink of the Sea.
One more example would be Fiery Core. A needed material for Thorium Brotherhood reputation and it is fairly hard to get if you don't do Molten Core raid. AHbot loves to sell tons of them freely with fairly low price - Thorium Brotherhood exalted with one day.

You can literally farm mats in AHbot, it is not how Blizzlike works so we shouldn't have it. Waste your time looking for materials and farm them like you should be, not sitting infront of AH and waiting AHbot to throw in the next wave of mats.

I am spurised actually to see that many Yes votes, while so many of you are against non-Blizzlike BG queueing stuff. Main reason for that was because it is non-Blizzlike but it is ok to have a non-Blizzlike AHbot :P

Mmeko

#23 » Post by Mmeko » 24 Oct 2012 11:51

narcissa wrote:(I feel like Warpath now)
lol

Relina

#24 » Post by Relina » 25 Oct 2012 23:43

>bump<
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

narcissa

#25 » Post by narcissa » 26 Oct 2012 00:11

You're bumping a thread that's already the first in every single section, sticked? Kewl.

Relina

#26 » Post by Relina » 26 Oct 2012 02:51

Believe it or not but there are ppl like me who only use the view active topics function to browse forums & nvr check anything else as this topic had dropped in that listing i bumped it :P
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Sweetness

#27 » Post by Sweetness » 26 Oct 2012 04:32

yes please :)

Intervention
Former Staff

#28 » Post by Intervention » 26 Oct 2012 10:17

Some people want the Auction House purely so some prices can go up. For example, Primordial saronites.

My reply to this is...

They will never go up again. They are not worth anything anymore because they are easy to get now. Forget the days where they were worth 5,000. Back then in took 2 weeks to get a primordial because of little ICC progression and bugged daily bonuses. Right now, there's high supply, and little demand, whereas there used to be high demand and little supply. With high demand, you can raise prices to whatever you want; you are the regulator because it's either take it, get nothing at all or wait quadruple the amount of time to get one of your own.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

narcissa

#29 » Post by narcissa » 26 Oct 2012 11:28

It's just amazing to me how people that CHOSE to play on a blizzlike server are demanding for something to funserver-ish. I guess coherence was never a trait of this population :|

Cover25

#30 » Post by Cover25 » 26 Oct 2012 11:38

It's not blizzlike to have 500~ people on a server, nor is it blizzlike to have 1-2 people monopolizing the Auction house, charging ridiculous prices for simple mats. The only reason i bring up population is because on retail there's a ton of people meaning people can't as easly monopolize the auction house. Lets bring it back until we can get a steady average of people.