Do you want the Auction House Bot (AH bot) to be enabled?

Keep the trash in order ! Need to recycle :)

Should the AH bot be enabled again?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 84

narcissa

Re: Do you want the Auction House Bot (AH bot) to be enabled?

#31 » Post by narcissa » 26 Oct 2012 13:11

Whose fault is it that among 1000 people only 5 put items in AH? 500 is the peak, doesn't mean we literally have 500.

But in a place where people have 4.9gs warriors and want to buy a 5.8gs one because they just can't bother gearing up themselves, it's not a surprise they want an AHbot to have any mat available to them without needing to farm or give more money. It's just stupid.

Roel
Founder

#32 » Post by Roel » 26 Oct 2012 13:49

Like I said before, this is an exciting poll because even after 65 votes, it's basically 50/50. If it gets enabled then I can tell you that it will be limited. Only selling, higher prices, no level 80 items or even no Northrend items. If there are any items that are clearly too low priced then it can be reported and simply removed from the AHbot. For those who voted "no", I hope you also disagree with implementing it under these conditions otherwise you might want to change your vote. It obviously won't sell weapons and gear...

Doctor_J
Developer

#33 » Post by Doctor_J » 26 Oct 2012 14:12

Roel wrote:Like I said before, this is an exciting poll because even after 65 votes, it's basically 50/50. If it gets enabled then I can tell you that it will be limited. Only selling, higher prices, no level 80 items or even no Northrend items. If there are any items that are clearly too low priced then it can be reported and simply removed from the AHbot. For those who voted "no", I hope you also disagree with implementing it under these conditions otherwise you might want to change your vote. It obviously won't sell weapons and gear...
If this does get implemented again may I also suggest that certain low level items which AHBot sold before should not be sold by ahbot for example Sulfuron Ingot, Firey Core and Lava Core and other items which are meant to be farmed for, having ahbot selling these items just makes obtaining them to easy and for items which are meant to be hard to get and should mean having to do molten core quiet a lot to get these items.

Roel
Founder

#34 » Post by Roel » 26 Oct 2012 14:23

Every unwanted item can be disabled if I know the item ID.

narcissa

#35 » Post by narcissa » 26 Oct 2012 14:38

To be honest I disagree with the whole idea of the AHbot, so my vote still stays no. And like I said it would come handy to me too having it, but then it's just too easy.

But if in the end you have to do this, make it with as less stuff as possible :/

Roel
Founder

#36 » Post by Roel » 26 Oct 2012 14:46

Well if half of the community disagrees and the other half agrees then the best thing to do is not enabling or disabling it completely but only enabling it partly.

Intervention
Former Staff

#37 » Post by Intervention » 26 Oct 2012 14:50

I don't want it enabled at all. But if worse does come to worse and it does get enabled, it should be

a) 1-60 only
b) AHbot does not buy
c) AHbot sells at a decent price, or high.
d) AHbot sells no rare items
e) Only materials - no bags, gems, enchantments, weapons, armour, pets, companions, miscellaneous etc.

Regardless, my vote is still no.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Drago

#38 » Post by Drago » 26 Oct 2012 20:06

What is this, prison? With such limited items on AH as for the AHbot it's better you don't even put this idea up, since if it will be on with those, ofcourse a lot of complaining and suggestions to put new items on the AH will be made and also complaints about it and requests to remove the bot itself. If you do a poll for enabling it or not, then you fully enable it or just disable it, you never get things settled by splitting something into half with such a rush. And as you already noticed most of the server is based on this rule, everything is pretty much bugged in a sort of way, maybe some things work perfectly but I doubt it, but it's still open to us to "test it". Some things are 75% working like Halls of Reflection at the moment, but even the smallest bug can ruin the whole experience of it. And no, I'm not saying that raids or dungeons like that should be closed because of that, but at least spend more time working on something than rushing to release it and then find out it's almost impossible to do for a low geared group of people that suits for the dungeon or the raid but can't do it because of mobs doing overpowered damage or hit boxes bugged, starting events bugged, etc.
What you visualize is what you create around you.
When you visualize something good or bad you will always get it! So better visualize what you really want :-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drago - Retribution/Protection Paladin [Main]
Shiftylegs - Restoration/Ballance Druid
Aquanova - Arcane/Fire Mage
Strongtail - Frost/Unholy DK
ImageImage

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#39 » Post by Kindzadza » 26 Oct 2012 20:10

And what have the raids/dungeons anything to do with AHBot or farming on that matter? :d We have over 700-800 active players and only becacuse most of them disagree on farming or motivate those who farm by paying higher prices ,we should enable this.

And even if enabled,we are certainly not going to enable it fully...Only what Inter listed..

narcissa

#40 » Post by narcissa » 26 Oct 2012 20:15

Drago wrote:What is this, prison? With such limited items on AH as for the AHbot it's better you don't even put this idea up, since if it will be on with those, ofcourse a lot of complaining and suggestions to put new items on the AH will be made and also complaints about it and requests to remove the bot itself. If you do a poll for enabling it or not, then you fully enable it or just disable it, you never get things settled by splitting something into half with such a rush. And as you already noticed most of the server is based on this rule, everything is pretty much bugged in a sort of way, maybe some things work perfectly but I doubt it, but it's still open to us to "test it". Some things are 75% working like Halls of Reflection at the moment, but even the smallest bug can ruin the whole experience of it. And no, I'm not saying that raids or dungeons like that should be closed because of that, but at least spend more time working on something than rushing to release it and then find out it's almost impossible to do for a low geared group of people that suits for the dungeon or the raid but can't do it because of mobs doing overpowered damage or hit boxes bugged, starting events bugged, etc.

Drago

#41 » Post by Drago » 26 Oct 2012 20:17

I was giving an example on how decisions are made on this server, that's how they are related to AHbot. It doesn't matter what population you have, you need to change a few things in the staff soon, because it's getting redicilous. You are keeping on promising that someone of the allience GM's will move to the horde to moderate it, I don't see any proggress for months now. How would it be if the population will be 5k at peeks and we will still have like 5 GM's on horde whilst 20 on allience? It will be the same, with only more people and more problems and complications. I don't discourage the population raise, but it will go down without changes.
What you visualize is what you create around you.
When you visualize something good or bad you will always get it! So better visualize what you really want :-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drago - Retribution/Protection Paladin [Main]
Shiftylegs - Restoration/Ballance Druid
Aquanova - Arcane/Fire Mage
Strongtail - Frost/Unholy DK
ImageImage

Mmeko

#42 » Post by Mmeko » 26 Oct 2012 21:25

You're going quite offtopic indeed Drago, and saying that enabling the AHbot or not could have any affect on the population in terms of numbers is pretty much a joke imo.
All I'd like to hear from the appearently several supporters of the AHbot is some good reasons for enabling it again other than plain lazyness

Myaoming
Former Staff

#43 » Post by Myaoming » 27 Oct 2012 15:46

lol @ those who are using several accounts to vote.
Roel, I guess you should make it 1 vote per IP, if it's... possible. I doubt it is :(
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Roel
Founder

#44 » Post by Roel » 27 Oct 2012 16:10

I can't think of a way to limit votes to one for every person. Anyway both sides can do it which should even it out.

AHbot will be enabled at next crash for white and green item below level 60. The prices will also be 10 (!) times as high as before. Especially some herbalism/alchemy items could still be underpriced, you should link every single item that should be removed from the AHbot because prices can't be changed individually, only for all white items or all green items.

narcissa

#45 » Post by narcissa » 27 Oct 2012 17:15

Roel wrote:Anyway both sides can do it which should even it out.
I didn't do it because I still believe in democracy, even if the population is retarded. But should 2 votes be enough to enable something so fun serverish as the AHbot?

EDIT: shouldn't you at least subtract votes that were made from the same person?