Nyaneve's Discipline PvE guide

Keep the trash in order ! Need to recycle :)
innocentguy

Re: Nyaneve's Discipline PvE guide

#16 » Post by innocentguy » 25 Dec 2012 20:35

Vaen wrote:Awesome guide, would be nice nonetheless if you could clarify stats priority: after haste softcap sp/int gems are used on yellow sockets but what is the value of crit compared to haste past softcap and mp5. I personally would feel uncomfortable gemming 10 crit on a disc priest now that I think about it. Guess with icc buff I'd got with more mp5 pieces than haste or crit pieces after having reached softcap
Personally, all I do when using disc in ICC 25 is shield, prayer of mending, Penance. Spellpower becomes the most important with such a rotation and all other stats become useless...

That said, I have read somewhere that INT gives more crit after stacking it to a certain amount, although I'm not sure how true this is because there are other sites which also say that crit rating definitely gives the most crit. And I am talking about crit because of Divine Aegis which is a fantastic talent.

For stat priority, if you are looking at throughput my personal opinion would be to stack spellpower first, followed by crit rating. All other stats are largely irrelevant because you should get enough haste from your gear (haste soft cap with borrowed time is really small like 150-200?).
If you are looking at mana recovery I would suggest Intellect. Intellect increases your maximum mana pool which in turn makes rapture, replenishment, hymm of hope, shadowfiend, etc give more mana. I read in elitist jerks I think that if you use Hymm of Hope together with shadowfiend it makes your shadowfiend give more mana as Hymm of Hope increases your maximum mana. I tried this in LK 25n and Hymm of Hope + shadowfiend gave me 24k mana back; enough to last for the rest of the fight.
Last edited by innocentguy on 27 Dec 2012 13:14, edited 1 time in total.
No one is simply entitled to anything in this world.
Whatever you want, you have to earn, be it money, respect or love.
[/color]
My Innocents:

Innocentguy - Priest ( Shadow / Discipline )
Innocence - Shaman ( Elemental / Restoration )
InnocentIcon - Death Knight ( Blood {Tank} / Unholy {DPS} )
Innocentshot - Hunter ( Marksmanship / Survival )
Innocentone - Druid ( Restoration / Feral {DPS} )
Innocenthope - Paladin ( Retribution / Holy )
~ In the end, Innocence is Brilliant ~

Intervention
Former Staff

#17 » Post by Intervention » 27 Dec 2012 01:00

I'd go for 400-500 haste to be honest, those emergency flash of lights are good after a bubble is up. You can also get a nice prayer of healing with borrowed time up if you really really need it.

Avoid spirit...if you need regen go for mp5 but personally i go intellect as mana pool is super cool for discipline.

I gem spell > intellect > crit
I have a fair bit of crit but now my gear is high i'll be removing some mp5 gems and using crit or intellect. Don't gem spirit, you are wasting your time.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Arashikage

#18 » Post by Arashikage » 02 Jul 2013 18:01

Very nice guide, i just happened to read it while browsing through the forums, might i also suggest , that in terms of pure SP, the offhand from deathwhisper 10hc is a very viable choice due to the socketed SP being 125 just from that one offhand. Cheers

Nyaneve

#19 » Post by Nyaneve » 03 Jul 2013 05:56

Yes I used that offhand for a long time until I obtained Archus. I just want to point out that it is a BiS list, but probably I can list out some viable alternatives for the unlucky ones :D

Arashikage

#20 » Post by Arashikage » 05 Jul 2013 09:24

Yeah i mean, just in terms of pure spellpower, 1h plus OH will always be superior to wielding 2handers. So that would make it Trauma hc + Shadow Silk Spindle heroic.

Arashikage

#21 » Post by Arashikage » 05 Jul 2013 09:26

Haste cap with BT is just over 400 something.

Nyeriah

#22 » Post by Nyeriah » 21 May 2015 08:29

Moved away as requested by the OP