DBM issue - auto-disable by force (outdated warning)

Keep the trash in order ! Need to recycle :)
Gadoschi
Donor

DBM issue - auto-disable by force (outdated warning)

#1 » Post by Gadoschi » 09 Aug 2019 21:55

Hi.

I realize this is probably not the place to post this issue, but I'll do it nevertheless as really I'm running out of options.
I've been experimenting on a private Legion server recently, and I've repeatedly come across a Deadly Boss Mods addon issue for which I haven't been able to find any information on the Internet.
What happens is that, after a while (a few weeks usually), and after many repeated warnings about how the addon is outdated and needs to be updated to a newer version (which far surpases the patch I'm playing on) over those few weeks, the addon suddenly disabled itself by force (so far it's always happened while in a raid) to "prevent causing issues to other players" and I can no longer turn it back on. It stops working altogether.
Now, I'm given to understand that the commands that operate the described version check and the consequent force disable are located in the DBM-core.lua file.
However, since I'm not a programmer, I'm hesitant to fiddle around all those commands, especially since I'm not even sure where exactly those particular commands are located.

I haven't encountered anything similar on WotLK server, probably because that feature hasn't been introduced to the addon yet.

I'd appreciate any help on this issue. If you need additional information, I'll be happy to provide them here or via private messages.

UPDATE: I've given to understand it happens in raids because DBM then detects a newer version used by another player in the group (if that's any help).

Thanks
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm

Axis
Senior Game Master

Re: DBM issue - auto-disable by force (outdated warning)

#2 » Post by Axis » 10 Aug 2019 01:42

We'd be happy to render aid for any issue that occurs here, but this particular problem is outside our sphere of influence.
We do not provide support for issues that aren't occurring within our jurisdiction (TW Realm, PW realm, TW Discord, TW Site/Forums, TW Bugtracker, etc).
You'd be better off seeking support for your issue on the forums of the server you're actually playing on.
All I can recommend is: try clearing your cache.

Locked and moved.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.