How much money would it take to make a perfect WotLK server?

Keep the trash in order ! Need to recycle :)
exchanger1

How much money would it take to make a perfect WotLK server?

#1 » Post by exchanger1 » 27 Aug 2018 17:25

How much money would it take to make a perfect wotlk server as in
1) absolutely 0 bugs in any raids/etc (how much $$ to pay for developers to make this happen)
2) extremely fast server for everyone in the world
3) a lot of game masters that will work for $$

etc..
Crown aka Poslednji

Jiranthos
Admin

Re: How much money would it take to make a perfect WotLK server?

#2 » Post by Jiranthos » 28 Aug 2018 10:46

From scratch? Not using TC or mangOS or anything?

Either:
1) As much as Blizzard team had invested in it at first which probably can be looked up somewhere + salaries
2) Stealing the source from Blizzard which would also be a crazy expensive operation

I think it is not feasible with any kind of donations or developers. It needs to be an 8 hour job for a team of 15+ developers and project managers and shareholders 5 days a week for a few years.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Liliatna

#3 » Post by Liliatna » 01 Sep 2018 01:54

More than it cost Blizzard, for sure, considering retail had - and still has - plenty of bugs.

Gadoschi
Donor

#4 » Post by Gadoschi » 14 Jul 2019 23:54

Why couldn't Assange have leaked Blizzard 3.3.5 core instead of all those useless USAF documents?
PC
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 (AM3+); CPU: AMD FX 8300 (@4,2GHz); GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4GB GDDR5 (@1,15GHz); RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz (2x4GB Kit); PSU: Coolermaster V550 (80+ Gold); CPU Cooler: LC-CC-120; Case: Antec GX505; Fans: Antec TrueQuiet 120mm x5; Monitor: AOC G2460PF (24'', 1ms, 144Hz, Freesync); Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Red); Mouse: Logitech G302; Surface: Roccat Taito Mid 5mm

Nyeriah

#5 » Post by Nyeriah » 16 Jul 2019 00:56

Wow, time flies so fast. It has been a year... I remember reading this and not bothering to reply as if it I was yesterday.

A friend was making around $500 a week working for some server a while ago, working 40 hours/week. I don't think that answers any of the OP questions but I think the OP was asking out of frustration more than out of curiosity anyways.

Oh, and did I mention I know how to fix things? Yeah, I do!
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

exchanger1

#6 » Post by exchanger1 » 27 Jul 2019 03:01

Nyeriah wrote:
16 Jul 2019 00:56
Wow, time flies so fast. It has been a year... I remember reading this and not bothering to reply as if it I was yesterday.

A friend was making around $500 a week working for some server a while ago, working 40 hours/week. I don't think that answers any of the OP questions but I think the OP was asking out of frustration more than out of curiosity anyways.

Oh, and did I mention I know how to fix things? Yeah, I do!
It was curiosity, in a hypothetical scenario where someone has billions and is willing to invest it all into perfect 3.3 server. P.S: you should unban rakim btw, guy paid 500 euros for the dk he even has WU proof lol, so i wasnt scamming anyone as brian davis, all the accounts listed in mail were real accounts
Crown aka Poslednji

Nyeriah

#7 » Post by Nyeriah » 28 Jul 2019 22:16

IMHO, if someone had billions I would just suggest investing them into Activision stock. Their value drops by the minute. With enough effort and money maybe you'd be able to convince enough executives to give WoW and free-to-play experience and you wouldnd't need to care about a perfect private server.

If that decision was up to me to take monocratically nowadays maybe I would have given it a different approach than it was given back in the day. Maybe, maybe not. :shrug:

Ye be kinda barking at the wrong tree tho, js.
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

exchanger1

#8 » Post by exchanger1 » 29 Jul 2019 17:35

Nyeriah wrote:
28 Jul 2019 22:16
IMHO, if someone had billions I would just suggest investing them into Activision stock. Their value drops by the minute. With enough effort and money maybe you'd be able to convince enough executives to give WoW and free-to-play experience and you wouldnd't need to care about a perfect private server.

If that decision was up to me to take monocratically nowadays maybe I would have given it a different approach than it was given back in the day. Maybe, maybe not. :shrug:

I am aware of the collective effort in trying to see brian davis' fall, from Noveria trying to uncover davis' identity on skype by pretending he's interested in buying accounts from me to having rohankhanna post his conversations where I was showing him my lvl 1 chars placed at the mailbox. Fun times indeed, but all of truewow staff's effort was for nothing anyway, as I https://truewow.org/armory/achievement. ... 81&realm=t
Crown aka Poslednji

Nyeriah

#9 » Post by Nyeriah » 29 Jul 2019 20:26

exchanger1 wrote:
29 Jul 2019 17:35
Nyeriah wrote:
28 Jul 2019 22:16

I am aware of the collective effort in trying to see brian davis' fall, from Noveria trying to uncover davis' identity on skype by pretending he's interested in buying accounts from me to having rohankhanna post his conversations where I was showing him my lvl 1 chars placed at the mailbox. Fun times indeed, but all of truewow staff's effort was for nothing anyway, as I https://truewow.org/armory/achievement. ... 81&realm=t
I don't really care, I'm not a staff member and it has been too long. Life's more interesting than that.

It sucks for the people that invested money in buying those characters but I guess they did so knowing the risks of it, seeing how character trading is against the server rules.

I don't think it's fun gloating over people that got screwed up though. You got a quite peculiar sense of humor, I must say.
― Johnny R. Cash