Dead Server is Dead

Keep the trash in order ! Need to recycle :)
GuidoSalducci

Re: Dead Server is Dead

#16 » Post by GuidoSalducci » 12 Jan 2015 00:44

Chasity wrote:Misleading title and comment?
Your right, I should have titled it "Server has become a chat server"

Knewklear
Donor

#17 » Post by Knewklear » 12 Jan 2015 01:38

GuidoSalducci wrote:
Chasity wrote:Misleading title and comment?
Your right, I should have titled it "Server has become a chat server"
This much is true. I've seen plenty of people simply stay online to chat like a bunch of children. "Lel. Wat u do dat for?" "Loloololol. I dunno." All this internet troll talk makes me sick. I see no intelligent discussions.

Nyeriah

#18 » Post by Nyeriah » 12 Jan 2015 01:41

This doesn't seem like a problem anyone can fix. The players are there, yet they can't be forced to play if they don't feel like it. We'd need fresh players, but we got ever so sporadically. One new player today, another tomorrow, still not enough to make things look fresh.

GrayFox40k

#19 » Post by GrayFox40k » 12 Jan 2015 04:27

Hello everyone I only started playing in this server a week ago or so. Now I have to say the server is very well scripted and I'm enjoying it very much.
But I also think that it's kinda hard to find people to do stuff, at least it's kinda hard to find people for Rdf.
Maybe the devs could consider cross faction grouping only for Rdf? I know its a Blizzlike server but in Excaliburwow they have that feature and it works well.
And I don't think it's a dead server, it just needs a bit more activity and cross fanction grouping could help.

Kniteknite

#20 » Post by Kniteknite » 12 Jan 2015 04:46

tell you what. agree to have this topic deleted, then open another with a different title, and let's be more constructive , and figure things out without setting too many things on fire ;) Sound good? btw .........i think cross faction grouping messes up loot tables if i'm not mistaken
" French fries are like steaks, where the potato is the cow and gets cut up, like meat does, only on a smaller scale. "

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#21 » Post by Dymond » 12 Jan 2015 04:56

Sometimes the queues get bugged and need a GM to reset them, if you find yourself in queue for an extended time, pop a ticket and ask for the rdf to be reset.
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

scoobydobedo

#22 » Post by scoobydobedo » 12 Jan 2015 05:00

just going to throw some stuff here

about
Nyeriah wrote:This doesn't seem like a problem anyone can fix. The players are there, yet they can't be forced to play if they don't feel like it. We'd need fresh players, but we got ever so sporadically. One new player today, another tomorrow, still not enough to make things look fresh.
actually it can be fixed ,the server focusing too much on being blizzlike that forgeting this is not actually blizzard . i really cross by some people love to lvl but cause it is so slow some times after days of lvling they got bored and leave for good .

adding some stuff that can add some comfort for that people would attract more fresh people to our server such as accessing to looms ,since each loom cost 250vp and it is 250/20= more than 12 days of voting for only 1 piece adding a proper way to new comers can have access to looms easier would cause more of them stick in server. ideas like this to new comers that starting from lvl 1 i think can add some good pop to our server.

i wont say anything about 80s that cant join if they server have more 3x speed but for our 80s we can have " events " made by " gms " every week or two,i dont mean PVP ones ONLY but also fun events with rewards with good amount of time for playing it.
this proven to be a good way to bring back people left us cause they bored of wotlk,icc ....

my point is you can change it if you want to

ShinDarth
Donor

#23 » Post by ShinDarth » 12 Jan 2015 09:38

http://www.truewow.org/pvpstats/battleg ... &limit=200

I don't know how you can say this is a "dead server"
Former GamingConsortium developer

Creator of PvPstats

Former 70-79 Twink player - M/Nadrine (Destruction Warlock)

Roel
Founder

#24 » Post by Roel » 12 Jan 2015 10:09

Population is just a an opinion, some say a server is dead when it has less than 2000 players online. I say it's dead when it has less than 1 player online which would be the day to shut it down. Higher population is obviously better but this is really up to you, the community. The staff is part of the community and you can be part of the staff if you really want to help. Suggesting stuff like scoobydobedo already helps but that's just the first step. We need to find agreements and finally someone willing to put it into reality.

Even without increasing the population, if you want others to join you in action, try to convince them. This game world was created with retail population in mind so no private server is able to have action in all aspects of the game at the same time. Some servers restrict players to only one aspect of the game to have it active all the time like "instant 80 arena server", but with our blizzlike approach we allow you do to anything you want. The only downside is that it spreads our population.

alhttabe

#25 » Post by alhttabe » 12 Jan 2015 10:38

Roel wrote:"instant 80 arena server", but with our blizzlike approach we allow you do to anything you want. The only downside is that it spreads our population.
Actually the 1x blizzlike is the only reason I joined. I'm keen to get my pally to 80 and level a dk to 80 and tank me some ICC like I did back on retail.

Doctor_J
Developer

#26 » Post by Doctor_J » 12 Jan 2015 12:24

This is what this thread reminds me off

[hide]Image[/hide]

benzviliran

#27 » Post by benzviliran » 12 Jan 2015 13:46

rofl docmin
I am the swarm

Taemien

#28 » Post by Taemien » 12 Jan 2015 18:35

As of posting this, the server has been up for 10 hours (since last nights restart to fix a few things). Since then it has peaked out at 418 players. That's during morning hours as it is currently noon where I am (just before peak time at the server location). That's not too bad. Not bad at all. Especially considering around the same time, the Vox server on EQ (a live AAA game with 21 expansions) has about half that number in the wee hours of the morning. Unlike EQ, WoW has only 3 tiers of play as well so the player base isn't as spread out (1-59, 60-70, 71-80).

With that being said, it shouldn't be too hard to find a group for something. I'm relatively new to the server so I haven't gotten into raiding yet. But I will say this. Sitting in LFG waiting for a raid leader to say, "hey... I got room for another, PST" is going to result in a very long wait. Even if you were on live with thousands of players (unless you do an easymode LFR).

I've raided everything in WotLK.. and so I know a little bit about how it works. Most people aren't going to just pick up a group and go. They're going to browse their guild and friend lists first and fill it up from there. Only when they have the content on farm and need just an extra person or two, will they probably go out and pick up a random.

So, OP if you want do ICC, you have two options:

1. Join one of those 'big' guilds as you call them, and prove your salt.
or
2. Make a new guild and or form a pick up raid for ICC. Your best chances is probably to make a forum post listing a schedule of when you are going and asking for signups. That way people can make time in advance to go.

Either way you can't expect to be carried through. No one is going to do that, unless you pay them for the run. I'm sure you don't expect to be carried and think you are the best healer you think you can be. And who know's, maybe you are great. But to everyone else, you're just some random guy who's going to be a white, pink, orange, or bluish dot on the map. Its a gamble alot of people don't like to and don't have to take.

You gotta prove that otherwise.

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

#29 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 12 Jan 2015 19:11

Taemien wrote:As of posting this, the server has been up for 10 hours (since last nights restart to fix a few things). Since then it has peaked out at 418 players. That's during morning hours as it is currently noon where I am (just before peak time at the server location). That's not too bad. Not bad at all. Especially considering around the same time, the Vox server on EQ (a live AAA game with 21 expansions) has about half that number in the wee hours of the morning. Unlike EQ, WoW has only 3 tiers of play as well so the player base isn't as spread out (1-59, 60-70, 71-80).

With that being said, it shouldn't be too hard to find a group for something. I'm relatively new to the server so I haven't gotten into raiding yet. But I will say this. Sitting in LFG waiting for a raid leader to say, "hey... I got room for another, PST" is going to result in a very long wait. Even if you were on live with thousands of players (unless you do an easymode LFR).

I've raided everything in WotLK.. and so I know a little bit about how it works. Most people aren't going to just pick up a group and go. They're going to browse their guild and friend lists first and fill it up from there. Only when they have the content on farm and need just an extra person or two, will they probably go out and pick up a random.

So, OP if you want do ICC, you have two options:

1. Join one of those 'big' guilds as you call them, and prove your salt.
or
2. Make a new guild and or form a pick up raid for ICC. Your best chances is probably to make a forum post listing a schedule of when you are going and asking for signups. That way people can make time in advance to go.

Either way you can't expect to be carried through. No one is going to do that, unless you pay them for the run. I'm sure you don't expect to be carried and think you are the best healer you think you can be. And who know's, maybe you are great. But to everyone else, you're just some random guy who's going to be a white, pink, orange, or bluish dot on the map. Its a gamble alot of people don't like to and don't have to take.

You gotta prove that otherwise.
Ascension, "fresh" small guild on alliance is doing that. Started small, and from what I understood, they are breeding high quality horses (for those who don't understand the expression, they have good people who are willing to learn and perfect themselves).

Consider joining a small guild at first and try to get the most out of it, and either stay there or move onto something bigger. But if you are just leveling up and you join one of the big guilds, you will have a hard time in most cases with raids simply because people may not be up for doing old raids that often. And due to low gear, you may not end up in icc on the first day. Unless the guild itself is okay with carrying everyone and just handing out loot, I strongly suggest you don't join a massive guild from the start.

The YOU in my reply means to any person who reads this, not someone specific.
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Wilcox

#30 » Post by Wilcox » 12 Jan 2015 22:38

be like me if you wanna get geared fast without a guild. wowhead calls my kind the 'well known PUGer', make your own group with your own rules and own understanding of being justful with everyone

take my word in it, if you host a damn good pug people actually begin to ask you 'hey when is your next raid i wanna join' leaving a good expression of your sportsmanship will get back to you

it is a hard process, it was even harder when killing LK10N was unique and truewow hadnt merged other servers, you'll get through with some patience and understanding

i have been a huge pain in the ass to everyone while i was gearing up, i wasnt in any big ass raiding guild, i had my own troll 'raid guild' full of the random people i collected from out of nowhere called Wilcox Drug Organization, and i hosted my own raids all the time until i was like 6k gearscored

until i got kingslayer myself i never actually managed to finish an ICC (it was kinda hard in the standards back then tho) but for some reason all those people that sticked to my raids came back every week, and improved every week

lastly i am not the nicest person and definitely not the most loved, nor the best player of my class, however i always maintained peace inside the raid and never let anybody steal any loot by any means, those were my priorities, and it got me invited back to other raids i shall say