Dead Server is Dead

Keep the trash in order ! Need to recycle :)
GuidoSalducci

Re: Dead Server is Dead

#31 » Post by GuidoSalducci » 13 Jan 2015 03:15

Logged in and *active* are 2 separate entities. I'm perfectly fine gearing up at my own pace, and Trust me when I say that I don't need to be carried anywhere by someone's Skillscore. I'm talking about the stagnation and idling that cause more people than you realize to just quit. Why the hell would anybody want to sit in an RHC for 60 minutes or more to get 5 or 6 EOTS?
I'm just looking for player base to use their so called brains, and start giving suggestions to the developers that allows it to still be blizzlike, but more useful to a player base that according to the GM's is growing slowly, but clearly hemorrhaging players because of stagnation and boredom? Why would a 25hc tank join the rhc, or do any other raid that was beneath their supposed gear level? Something as motivation to stir up the stagnant players into actually being active instead of just in their weekly 10hc or 25hc ICC run with their guild.

GuidoSalducci

#32 » Post by GuidoSalducci » 13 Jan 2015 03:37

Maybe this is more fitting towards a *suggestion* forum, but to call it spam is just ignorant.

rohankhanna

#33 » Post by rohankhanna » 13 Jan 2015 11:06

Well To start with after reading this post for sometime now and looking at the effort of this person , i would like to thank you for being thoughtful towards server, i do have a few suggestions

but first i'll like to share a example which me being a Guild Leader of Divinity Opted as my rights of desicion making limits to my guild not outside. So far Divinity is the only guild on alliance that is following DKP loot system. A Customised system that brings loot in the hands of the Officers/Raid Leaders. Past 2-3 weeks back when we found everyone has high amount of DKPs and all they need is one or 2 items from ICC 25 HC runs and LK 25 HC Loot , now since LK 25 HC is hard to be done, people stopped raiding. The same has been happening with every guild out here on this server, those who were killing LK 25 HC thrice they hardly manage to kill PP 25 HC twice anymore , recently we flushed off all the earned DKPs from players as a *New Year Present* not being mean out here but the purpose of flushing off dkps was far more bigger then just an individual benefit. Since RS 25 HC will be released and those who need one or two items from 25 hc they will have to work hard again to gain the DKPs, this resulted in better raids in all modes , people started forming ICC 10 NM/HC runs , we are in a state of nuking all possible bosses in ICC 25 HC atleast twice a week (except LK 25 HC) and without much of pain taken of searching for players. As players need DKP to win loot not just *Join > /Roll > Win loot*

The idea was to understand the interest of players. Almost 80% of the players care about reward/benefit factor of doing something.

In Such situation if we can get a count of RHC and add the base number for example

Players who are doing 50 RHC Per month will get some amount of Vote points/Reward, which might boost their interest in participating in RHC.

Or

We have a Double seater flying mount , we can make it easily available once a player has done 1000 RHC's or so , the idea is to give them something which they can/might use in later future as atm using emblems is not the interesting factor.

For further motivation we can Add Competition events Like Raid Race among guilds, conditions and rules can be decided and worked on , World PvP Event , there are actually alot of ideas if we decide to think about them .. we can Stream them to make them live, which will be enjoyed the players who are not participating in those events.

P.S it is just the idea which can be worked on to make sure the system works for the interest of players
Guild Leader of Divinity

Deathswalker

#34 » Post by Deathswalker » 13 Jan 2015 12:06

To be fair i'm quite enjoying wow on this server, once in a while there are problems like not being able to find enough people for a raid... on the other hand it's a small community where you know quite alot of people (which is nice imo). The topic of this post won't help though, and while I don't mind an event, it should be hosted blizzlike.
Food is not the answer. It's the question. Yes is the answer.

For tha Fuish!

marko1984

#35 » Post by marko1984 » 13 Jan 2015 15:00

I dont get why is topic that has this tittle still not locked?!
Three mages!

Koriach

#36 » Post by Koriach » 13 Jan 2015 15:46

I can't say that server is dead or a "chatting" server because each day there are raids going on at least in the guild I am on. Like Rohankhanna said there are many raids happening lately in the guild because of what we did to make people start raiding again because they lost motivation after the LK fixes.

I don't have problems in going in RHC or waiting long time so be sure if that happens that the RDF is not bugged out and if you are waiting for a long time in que maybe time zones or w/e you can just go lfg and ask people to join. I even did lots of RDF when I was leveling my last char so depending on hours I can't complain.

Ever since LK got so challenging people rather afk in Dalaran and either chat or do nothing. Come on only challenging encounter is LK in 25 HC other modes can be done if you have people who know what to do in the raid. There is also RS 10HC. How many people actually go practice it to get ready for when 25 hc will be released? But hey that doesn't drop the loot people need so then they cry about nothing to do.

Bored? Go do some low level raids, get achievements, do BGs, do arenas. There can be many things to do if you want activity in game. Also keep in mind that it's the time of the year when most people got exams right now so some people can just afk / chat from time to time while studying for exams...

You can't expect GMs to do all the work in finding people, go tell your friends about the game, go out if you are bored, have fun but don't say server is dead just cause you lost motivation to play cause shit got harder to obtain and you can't find people. Motivate them to join raids it's what we do in our guild. You don't want to join some big guild? No problem there are new guilds forming all the time, small guilds you can join and work your way up to be good and struggle during raids like all guilds started out..

If you got all the gear you want and got bored of the expansion there are plenty of games you can try, or try some other expansion on see how it goes. Lots of people do that and in the end they come back.

Find something that you enjoy doing in game and always try new things and be open to try something else than farming gear.

ribbaribbahey

#37 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 13 Jan 2015 18:41

A' Guidò! Battene affanculo, va'!

Ribbaz - 2300 2v2 Enhancement
Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire
Cazzuto - Arms PvE / 1950 2v2
Dextr - Blood Dps PvE / Frost "priority list" Dps PvE
Ribba - Beast Mastery PvP / Survival PvE

My Enhancement PvP guide

Chasity
Former Staff

#38 » Post by Chasity » 13 Jan 2015 22:11

marko1984 wrote:I dont get why is topic that has this tittle still not locked?!
I was wondering the same. The title is misleading. If it's a suggestion then is in the wrong section and doesn't have a structure like a suggestion is more like off topic. Locking this topic. If you have any suggestion how to improve the server and increase the population feel free to open a new topic in the proper section of the forum. Have a great day :)
"and rly ... Location -- IKEAland .. you re rly pissed of by guy who is from IKEA :D"