got bann in my old server

Keep the trash in order ! Need to recycle :)
TheProfessor

Re: got bann in my old server

#16 » Post by TheProfessor » 16 May 2014 09:20

Nyeriah wrote:Cheap excuse to deliberately ban someone. Do you think if I had advertised it'd would be a temporary ban and not a permanent?

Despite the loads of IP bans that are as everyone knows futile, they started banning the accounts we log to prevent people from transferring.

It gives us a look of how OmegaWoW's Staff is... they don't care about their players. They care about how many characters their database hold and they'd rather have people stuck on a dying server than having fun with the things they have achieved so far. I've lost everything I had once and had to start over, I know how much it sucks. So I find it extremely disrespectful to players to behave that way.

And then they claim WE don't care about our players...

I'm sincerely sorry for what happened and I'll give you all of my support and help you in whichever way I can.

I'm sincerely sorry too for people having to read your bullshit.

I kinda laughed when i was reading this. Omegawow NEVER banned a account that transfered just for the "transfer reason" ask your previous players that transfered from omegawow.
It was you(Nyeriah) who got the "BLADE" account perma banned. We don't ban people that transfer to another server. We never have and we never will.

You were talking to our players in dalaran during the "transfer" about your server. You were also saying you were the TW Nyeriah GM etc.. Our staff does what it should do. Permaban advertisement, regardless what population we have.
Let me fresh up your memo;

"i sense a disturbance in the force"
"balance must be...maintained"
"Just got my 4th ban :("
"Ï'm gm nyeriah from TW"

Those were just a few of the sentences i saw unless you want me to upload the screenshots as well? :roll:
However i'm pretty sure you and i both know what i'm talking about.. ;)
"You still think it's a cheap excuse to ban someone? "
(or is that also something within your tranfer description to chat with people under someone else's account?)

Keep in mind that our server has been online eversince patch 1.08, this shows how much dedication the staff has.
You don't know our staff, so keep your opinion based on 1 ban to yourself!

Eiterway regardless of population, Omegawow continues.. we've been down the road before.. ;)

Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,

ProfessorOak - May your adventures be epic and your loot be legendary!

Nyeriah

#17 » Post by Nyeriah » 16 May 2014 09:29

There were players that would come talk to me all the times I logged because they knew it was some random GM doing transfers, so I told them I wasn't the real player that owned the characters. I don't see what's the problem with that.

Random lines that had no sense, star wars quote, that's a lot of advertisement.

I know you, or whoever of you, was there throwing me IP bans left and right and that's why I said that. Not like it meant anything at all.

Never banned people willing to transfer? Well, better cut off with the IP bans then.

For example, the ban reason was "related to tw transfers". Not advertising, so, deliberately a ban to prevent people from transferring. Same reason why the other account I had logged just afterwards also got banned, but since you obviously had no basis to keep it as such, it got unbanned a while after.

Yes, it was unjustified, yes it was a cheap excuse and yes I don't know how your staff usually acts but from what I've seen all these years since patch 1.08 have taught you nothing on how being a staff member. Better go off leech something else while you still can.

perka

#18 » Post by perka » 16 May 2014 09:41

Does such patch even exist ? :)

TheProfessor

#19 » Post by TheProfessor » 16 May 2014 09:50

Nyeriah wrote:There were players that would come talk to me all the times I logged because they knew it was some random GM doing transfers, so I told them I wasn't the real player that owned the characters. I don't see what's the problem with that.

Ofcourse they knew, it's not so hard to tell when you start saying your a GM from TW...
Nyeriah wrote: For example, the ban reason was "related to tw transfers". Not advertising, so, deliberately a ban to prevent people from transferring. Same reason why the other account I had logged just afterwards also got banned, but since you obviously had no basis to keep it as such, it got unbanned a while after.
The "the related to tw transfer" was purely for myself, as yesterday was my birthday i didn't had time to write ban repo's. So i marked it as transfers for the time being. If the player checked his account he'd see it's perma. Like i said, as you're previous people that transfered...they weren't banned. I made a mistake with that ban which i indeed unbanned the same day after a re-check. Some people are human afterall ;)
Nyeriah wrote: Never banned people willing to transfer? Well, better cut off with the IP bans then.
Then do what you need to do. Do the transfer and be done with it? what's so hard? Nobody forces you to respond to the players.
Nobody give a damn if you're a GM on TW and telling them people from OW are transfering there. So keep it shut or expect more bans. simple as that.
Nyeriah wrote: Yes, it was unjustified, yes it was a cheap excuse and yes I don't know how your staff usually acts but from what I've seen all these years since patch 1.08 have taught you nothing on how being a staff member. Better go off leech something else while you still can.
In "your eyes" it's injustified,so that says enough. I'f you've seen all the years since patch 1.08....you'd know i wasn't a gm back then. so in that case i indeed havn't been taught nothing ;)

Have a wonderful day! ^_^

Nyeriah

#20 » Post by Nyeriah » 16 May 2014 09:55

They knew it even before I had said anything, as your own sequence of quotes show :D Everyone from your server knows that everyone's transferring, it's not a secret.

Late happy birthday by the way, I almost sent you message but then... hey! I noticed I'm banned or whatever at your forums so I can't send messages. Truly.

If you wonder, my post was mostly a response to this

I'm not here to fuel any crusade against your server, but you guys kind of, despite the fact of some events and the fact that I actually never advertised anything on your server, put the credibility of my staff in doubt, for no reason. I won't let that go so easily :D

TheProfessor

#21 » Post by TheProfessor » 16 May 2014 10:07

perka wrote:Does such patch even exist ? :)
Yes, The World of Warcraft Original (1.0.0) if i recall correctly.

Eitherway Nyeriah, like i said, just do the transfer and ignore the rest. Then like with all other transfers you'll see the account wont be banned. ;)
Omg, i'd almost unban you on the forum as my birthday-gift, but hey...i wasn't the one that did that!

Here, have some:

Regards,

oak

Roel
Founder

#22 » Post by Roel » 16 May 2014 10:43

Why not unban that player account already? You're hurting him the most and he might still have played at your server instead of transferring 100%. I also don't understand why a high level character would get permanently banned over such a small matter, you're basically throwing population away with every perma ban.

We could ban your forum account and IP for the same reasons. You're also saying that you're staff from Omegawow, you have good things to say about your server and bad things about ours, that's advertising. But don't worry, we won't issue a ban so easily. We also never interfered with any transfers from TrueWoW to OmegaWoW, there were a lot a few years ago.

TheProfessor

#23 » Post by TheProfessor » 16 May 2014 11:30

I didn't say anything bad regarding your server. All i pointed out was WHY the account has been banned.
So if i did, please quote the part in which i spoke bad about your server?

Fact stays that the account stays banned for the reason i mentioned earlier.
Roel wrote:We could ban your forum account and IP for the same reasons. You're also saying that you're staff from Omegawow, you have good things to say about your server and bad things about ours, that's advertising.
Personally i don't have a problem with it if you did. Good things? all i stated was our staff's dedication since patch 1.08 since obviously Nyeriah was mocking our staff in his/her/it first reply. I never started anything regarding your server or staff what so ever!
Nyeriah introduced him/her/itself to our players with a transfer char......for what? indeed...you do the math.

Roel
Founder

#24 » Post by Roel » 16 May 2014 13:56

Ok you didn't say a whole lot of bad things but the overall message seemed negative. You called an entire message from Nyeriah at the previous page bullshit even though she said she would offer all her support. From what I know you have already advertised more than she did, maybe it would help if you indeed post all screenshots so I will also know what happened. She must have said a lot more than those 4 lines to get that player's account permanently banned.

Teal Deer

#25 » Post by Teal Deer » 16 May 2014 14:06

Anselmo
Former Staff

#26 » Post by Anselmo » 16 May 2014 15:38

Everyone lay off those defensive modes, seriously. It's not worth it.

Professor, since nyeriah is not denying it, there's no need to post any screenshots. However, you're speaking as if Nyeriah was deliberately trying to get people banned. I don't see what good would come of this for either side. It just created a mess, people got hurt and started dissing each other. Now, is there anything you can do for the player so he doesn't get hurt in the process? This is after all about him, not about your personal bickering.

pepe4ever

#27 » Post by pepe4ever » 16 May 2014 15:45

I think that it is not good at this point to throw shit arround. It doesn't help anyone.

Just discuss the facts. Remember, rules are rules. Live with them, if not, move to another server. Simple as that.

The rules on advertising can be interpreted in various ways which makes it hard to judge.
To solve this issue:
GM's at TrueWow know what you do, stay low profile in case of a transfer.
GM's at Omegawow, please accept this case as a mistake, unban the player, rules can be interpreted in various ways.

Please close this chapter, it doesn't do good to any of us.

Peace out.

Nyeriah

#28 » Post by Nyeriah » 16 May 2014 18:37

Maestro should be really careful with what he says. We are all aware that he's leeched our core left and right and borrowed few things from us without asking, things of which we haven't got a single "thank you" for... Instead, he goes on trying to discredit our Staff, over an issue that he had no clues about? And that's what really upset me. Frivolous statements.

I understand that you were really frustrated that the IP bans weren't quite effective and I might have upset you when I said these things which eventually led to that ban. And the ban of the account I logged after. And probably would have led any other account I logged that night to a ban as well. I'm glad you reconsidered the other one and lifted it's ban.

I'll take your word and believe no IP bans or bans of any sort will be issued to me or any of our Staff members by simply logging there to do transfers :)
(even thought that's exactly what was happening).

I'll ensure the concerned player has no loss out of this.

Thank you for your time,

Regards.