Old vs. new

Keep the trash in order ! Need to recycle :)
Belthezar

Re: Old vs. new

#76 » Post by Belthezar » 21 Jan 2014 15:43

No Emsy, I'm saying you should be your own AT ALL TIMES, REGARDLESS OF WHAT I SAY, THAT'S HOW IT SHOULD WORK, THAT'S WHAT PROFESSIONALISM IS. Like, how do you not know this? The fact you don't just disapoints me. Tell me where I'm wrong, supply the proper punishment if necessary, but don't act on emotions. This isn't world of grudgecraft and you're not a player that can just /ignore others. Do your job properly for christ's sake.

Then again that's just my opinion, it is clear by now yall don't give a shit. You're not obligated to listen and therefore can laugh at this. But yeah, that's how I see it.
Check out my WTB list all you silent farmers out there!
http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13204

Etro
Honorary Member

#77 » Post by Etro » 21 Jan 2014 15:44

I wouldn't say that you have to be nice to them despite of them insulting you, i would call it being better than them and give the example of a mature conversation. I know that can't be easy, for example i don't continue the conversation when someone insults me, because i don't really have to deal with them and i don't care about the subject enough to continue and risk my integrity by replying them back, and that is already hard enough, so props to you for even trying.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

WTFNESHA
Former Staff

#78 » Post by WTFNESHA » 21 Jan 2014 15:44

Alright so I'm giving my two cents to this one as well.

There are several things that players need to know about Staff Team:
- Staff is divided into several groups and each one has it's purpose and area of expertise
- First group are administrators, they are people that call the shots on important decisions and make sure server is going in right direction. They are also in charge of handling tickets and being available as in-game support when their free time allows them to.
- Second group are developers, they are mostly busy looking at lines of codes trying to figure out why your quest or instance isn't working as intended, spending countless hours selecting tables in SQL and compiling localhost over and over. This process takes time and you should not really expect them to be a police in-game.
- Third group are (Senior) and Game Masters, they are selected group of people you can expect to get attention from, they are in charge of handling your tickets on daily basis and making sure punishments for rule-breaking settle in. You usually get to chat with them in private if your problem needs a feedback to be solved, otherwise you'll just be serviced and your ticket will be closed.

- Most important note on the Staff is that they are all volunteering their free time and passion for this game to make your stay more enjoyable and control the community in order to make your playing experience even more enjoyable.

So when you figured how it works, you can (in this case since topic is locked can not) discuss and ask yourself how can I help them? It's simple, be polite and don't abuse their time. There are bunch of things that do not need Staff's attention, such as asking questions that community chat in-game can answer or simply looking it up on the web. I can assure you that Staff is doing as best as they can to improve the quality of service this server offers.

On the development note, there are three major differences you also need to understand when it comes fixing bugs and glitches:
- Quests and world objects (creatures, npcs, chests and so on) and events are the ones that can be fixed quite easily trough database changes which can be applied almost instantly and they require a lot less debugging and testing, if developer is familiar with the problem, it's a piece of cake.
- Instances and dungeons require most of the time for understanding and debugging, since you need to restart your local host (private server running on their own PC, dedicated to testing and debugging code developers write), every single time you change code. Not to mention that you need to compile your new changes of the code and hopefully being right, so the things you changed are actually working as intended. This is very time-consuming process and who likes programming (in any way) will be into the problem completely until it's resolved.
- PvP fixes, as you call them are not some part of the developing this game as instance scripts or smart scripts for quests, they're global logic of how group of, lets say spells or auras work. They can't be tweaked as separate scripts for separate instances, thus it's harder to find proper solution and actual source of the problem. That's what Trinity Core developers are in charge of, but there can be some simple modifications to the core that can be done by our developers too, but not in that wide range.

I hope this tl;dr brings you a step closer to understanding how Staff works and I also want to mention that players treat you as you treat them, so if you insult someone, you can expect them to treat you same way. Same goes for the Staff members, although, they have a lot higher threshold to player's ignorance and insults, so you shouldn't try to excess it.

Your beloved,
Nesha
Last edited by WTFNESHA on 21 Jan 2014 15:48, edited 2 times in total.

Belthezar

#79 » Post by Belthezar » 21 Jan 2014 15:46

Thank you Etro, at least someone understands this. It seemed obvious to me.

Devosan

#80 » Post by Devosan » 21 Jan 2014 15:50

edit: and by popular demand for lack of forum amusement

How is this professional?

You can lock it again, not going to bother wasting any more time on you shits. You're so arrogant and selfish. All of you. Have fun. One player less isn't going to affect the player base that much, anyway. You have what you wanted, Emsy. I hope you die of cancer and aids :) And make it like... very painful and slowly.

How dare you even... Really.. HOW DARE YOU EVEN... Say I was a bad staffmember, when you are doing this. You truly disgust me. I'm not kidding. I'd so love to fuck you up, but it's just not worth my time... Your dad should've pulled out on you. If only he had gotten fired from his job scraping shit of the streets a week before, he'd not have had enough money to impregnate the whore that is your mother.

@ Nesha, who the fuck are you even? I've been a staffmember, no need to tell me how the staff works. The staff should try to be involved with the community to greatly improve the server's credibility and playing experience. But I'm giving up on this. I'm gone. This isn't going to happen, here. It's not going to be a place like it's been before.

Anselmo
Former Staff

#81 » Post by Anselmo » 21 Jan 2014 15:52

Etro wrote:for example i don't continue the conversation when someone insults me, because i don't really have to deal with them and i don't care about the subject enough to continue and risk my integrity by replying them back, and that is already hard enough, so props to you for even trying.
I understand what you're trying to say, but we don't have that luxury. Prime example was locking of this topic after insults escalated, and he just opened a bunch of them until we got sick of deleting. Or tickets, we can't ignore those either, and examples of how people use them when they're lazy to google things, or just are insulting because they got punished are a page behind.

Belthezar

#82 » Post by Belthezar » 21 Jan 2014 15:56

Bullshit. It's not a luxury, GMs like Dymond don't give in to their emotions or hold grudges. Take example from them. Learn to interact properly. The player's faults should be irrelevant to your behaviour.

emsy
Former Staff

#83 » Post by emsy » 21 Jan 2014 15:57

^ that right there,and you ask me to be polite to him? .. yeaaaa... riiiight

edit: just FYI: profession is by definition something you get paid for

Devosan

#84 » Post by Devosan » 21 Jan 2014 15:57

You don't have that luxury? It's not a luxury. Not at all. Fucking fuckface. It's your duty. The fact that you're volunteering for a fucking "JOB". Doesn't mean that this "JOB" doesn't have responsibilities, fucking smartass.

Say someone is volunteering in healthcare. Ms. Appletree is lieing on the floor having a spasmic attack. You have a responsibility to help. But you do nothing. Because you're just a volunteer.

Devosan

#85 » Post by Devosan » 21 Jan 2014 15:59

Emsy, I've been on this server for over 3 years now. And never have I met a "person" on this server, that's as disgusting, arrogant, selfish and narcissitic as you are.

Xaayy
Donor

#86 » Post by Xaayy » 21 Jan 2014 15:59

Devosan wrote:How is this professional?

You're so arrogant and selfish. All of you. Have fun.
I hope you die of cancer and aids :)
And make it like... very painful and slowly.

You truly disgust me. I'm not kidding. I'd so love to fuck you up, but it's just not worth my time... Your dad should've pulled out on you. If only he had gotten fired from his job scraping shit of the streets a week before, he'd not have had enough money to impregnate the whore that is your mother.

@ Nesha, who the fuck are you even?
But I'm giving up on this. I'm gone.
Great reflection on your own attitude, Mithrandir.
Last edited by Xaayy on 21 Jan 2014 16:03, edited 1 time in total.

Anselmo
Former Staff

#87 » Post by Anselmo » 21 Jan 2014 16:00

Belthezar wrote:Bullshit. It's not a luxury, GMs like Dymond don't give in to their emotions or hold grudges. Take example from them. Learn to interact properly. The player's faults should be irrelevant to your behaviour.
Yes "Fucking bullshit I want some goddamn fucking respect" is scoring you some seriousness points there. Then you wonder why. =)

WTFNESHA
Former Staff

#88 » Post by WTFNESHA » 21 Jan 2014 16:01

Devosan wrote:@ Nesha who the fuck are you even? I've been a staffmember...
I am not really talking to you, I am just clarifying things to others that can be deceived by your ignorance and tsunami of insults splashing around.

You, as OP can be proud you got my attention here, I've always been protective of my fellow Staff members and I won't let you put bad tag on their names just because you want something and you can't get it.

Also "I've been a staffmember" tells that this Staff improved in ways you can not even understand.
Imagine you still being a Staff member and swearing and insulting everyone around.
How does that connect you with the community?
Really?
Do you see your point here or you're blinded by your hatred now?

Nesha

Belthezar

#89 » Post by Belthezar » 21 Jan 2014 16:06

@ Anselmo
You still didn't get it.
And don't add words to my mouth smartass
It's not about respect
It's about your goddamn position and the correct behaviour that comes with it. I can insult and spam you to infinity, this should be irrelevant
Go read a book on professionalism if you can't comprehend what I'm saying, you're still stuck up on the insults as if you were a player like me. You're a GM and therefore have to keep yourself intact. Ignore insults, or punish them, depending on severity. What I jsut did right now, is repeat what I previously said. Why do you make me do this? Could you please just understand it?
Last edited by Belthezar on 21 Jan 2014 16:06, edited 1 time in total.

emsy
Former Staff

#90 » Post by emsy » 21 Jan 2014 16:06

Devosan wrote: It's your duty. .
http://www.hearthhead.com/card=1652/silver-hand-recruit (click the "Play" button)
Devosan wrote:Emsy, I've been on this server for over 3 years now. And never have I met a "person" on this server, that's as disgusting, arrogant, selfish and narcissitic as you are.
I'm glad i left an unique and original impression in u <3