Cazzuto - Arms PvE / 1950 2v2
Dextr - Blood Dps PvE / Frost "priority list" Dps PvE
Ribba - Beast Mastery PvP / Survival PvE

My Enhancement PvP guide

Deathswalker

Re: Wintergrasp

#2 » Post by Deathswalker » 13 May 2013 20:08

Good idea
Food is not the answer. It's the question. Yes is the answer.

For tha Fuish!

ribbaribbahey

#3 » Post by ribbaribbahey » 08 Jun 2013 13:44

So?!?!

Ribbaz - 2300 2v2 Enhancement
Pokimans - 2100 2v2 Fire
Cazzuto - Arms PvE / 1950 2v2
Dextr - Blood Dps PvE / Frost "priority list" Dps PvE
Ribba - Beast Mastery PvP / Survival PvE

My Enhancement PvP guide

innocentguy

#4 » Post by innocentguy » 20 Nov 2013 11:40

ribbaribbahey wrote:Please split the alliance and the horde npc's, they kill each other
Great idea to be honest. The main horde and alliance npcs have very close spawning areas and almost always end up killing each other. Or I would kill the ally ones so I can talk to the horde ones =D
No one is simply entitled to anything in this world.
Whatever you want, you have to earn, be it money, respect or love.
[/color]
My Innocents:

Innocentguy - Priest ( Shadow / Discipline )
Innocence - Shaman ( Elemental / Restoration )
InnocentIcon - Death Knight ( Blood {Tank} / Unholy {DPS} )
Innocentshot - Hunter ( Marksmanship / Survival )
Innocentone - Druid ( Restoration / Feral {DPS} )
Innocenthope - Paladin ( Retribution / Holy )
~ In the end, Innocence is Brilliant ~

Teal Deer

#5 » Post by Teal Deer » 20 Nov 2013 13:18

^strange thig is that when i go there its always Horde npcs are dead.
so no one gives a f***.

Doctor_J
Developer

#6 » Post by Doctor_J » 20 Nov 2013 22:12

Problem is that at Wintergrasp fortress there should actually only be either alliance or horde npcs in fortress there should not be both, the faction which is in control should have npcs in fortress, that faction not in control should have quest givers in other location but not all quests available to faction not in control (faction in control gets access to more quests).

innocentguy

#7 » Post by innocentguy » 22 Nov 2013 05:18

Teal Deer wrote:^strange thig is that when i go there its always Horde npcs are dead.
so no one gives a f***.
Strange; when I go there it's the Ally NPCs that are dead xD
Doctor_J wrote: (faction in control gets access to more quests).
Are you trying to say that by letting the NPCs kill each other you are effectively simulating this?

I'm just saying that since you make the NPCs for both factions available anyway, regardless of the fact that neither faction can be in control of WG, they might as well be separated so that they don't kill each other.
[/color]
My Innocents:

Doctor_J
Developer

#8 » Post by Doctor_J » 22 Nov 2013 14:50

innocentguy wrote:
Teal Deer wrote:^strange thig is that when i go there its always Horde npcs are dead.
so no one gives a f***.
Strange; when I go there it's the Ally NPCs that are dead xD
Doctor_J wrote: (faction in control gets access to more quests).
Are you trying to say that by letting the NPCs kill each other you are effectively simulating this?
No what I am saying is that this is not meant to happen since there should only be either alliance or horde npcs there no both, faction in control of wintergrasp should get quests at fortress and access to more quest givers, faction not in control should have quest givers in other location (for horde its at flight path) but less quests available there.

innocentguy

#9 » Post by innocentguy » 23 Nov 2013 09:45

Doctor_J wrote:
Problem is that at Wintergrasp fortress there should actually only be either alliance or horde npcs in fortress there should not be both, the faction which is in control should have npcs in fortress, that faction not in control should have quest givers in other location but not all quests available to faction not in control (faction in control gets access to more quests).
Doctor_J wrote:
No what I am saying is that this is not meant to happen since there should only be either alliance or horde npcs there no both, faction in control of wintergrasp should get quests at fortress and access to more quest givers, faction not in control should have quest givers in other location (for horde its at flight path) but less quests available there.

I understand that WG isn't working as intended. I understand what's not working and how it should be like. No offense but you're just repeating your earlier post. Word for word I might add. You're not really getting what we're trying to say.
Innocentguy wrote:I'm just saying that since you make the NPCs for both factions available anyway, regardless of the fact that neither faction can be in control of WG, they might as well be separated so that they don't kill each other.
Facts:

1. WG is not working as intended.

2. Only the faction in control of WG should have quest-giving NPCs in WG fortress.

3. The faction NOT in control of WG should also have quest-giving NPCs, but outside of WG fortress.

4. The faction NOT in control of WG should also have less quests available to them c/f the faction actually in control.

5. Right now, the same number of quest-giving NPCs from both factions can be found in WG fortress.

6. 4 of these NPCs, namely Commander Dardosh, Tactical Officer Kilrath, Commander Zanneth and Tactical Officer Ahbramis can be found in the central area of WG fortress, spawning practically next to each other.

7. These four quest-giving NPCs engage and kill each other depending on who spawned first.

8. Any Horde player wishing to complete a quest given by one of these NPCs will have to contend with a few things.
8a. He would have to wait for the NPCs to respawn because they are dead.

8b. He would have to kill the Alliance NPCs in order to speak to the Horde ones.

8c. He would have to fend of Alliance players trying to keep their NPCs alive.

8d. Vice versa for the Alliance players.

With this understanding, what we are requesting is that these 4 NPCs have seperate spawn points so that they do not kill each other and provide the inconveniences listed above.

Reasons why we are requesting this:

1. Since the NPCs are in fact available, I see no harm in simply setting their spawn points further apart from each other so that they are always available to anyone and everyone.

2. This would only be an interim solution and not a 'fix' for WG.

3. This is obviously not Blizz-like, but the fact that the same number of NPCs for both factions are available anyway isn't Blizz-like either.

Of course I dare not claim to be an expert in coding and there might be other issues involved which I am not aware of. This is merely the layman or player's perspective of things. I do hope I have been reasonable in my claims.

Once again, no offense to anyone at all is intended.
[/color]
My Innocents:

Doctor_J
Developer

#10 » Post by Doctor_J » 23 Nov 2013 10:32

well the bit about other faction trying to stop the other from killing their npc,s this probably happens as these npcs are right next to voa, which should not also be enterable unless your faction is in control of wg and its while waiting around for raids to start that people get bored and when they see their faction npcs getting killed decide to try and save them.

If wg worked properly there would only ever be horde or alliance players/npcs in fortress and only faction in control would be able to do voa,

There are talk about moving horde npcs to flight path and just leaving alliance ones in fortress but Im not dealing with that so you will have to wait and see.

innocentguy

#11 » Post by innocentguy » 23 Nov 2013 12:36

Doctor_J wrote:
There are talk about moving horde npcs to flight path and just leaving alliance ones in fortress but Im not dealing with that so you will have to wait and see.
Another suggestion?

There are various areas separated by walls in WG fortress. There could be Alliance NPCs in one, Horde NPCs in another.
[/color]
My Innocents:

Myaoming
Former Staff

#12 » Post by Myaoming » 23 Nov 2013 14:07

Since always, Alliance had 2 group of quest giver NPCs. One in WG fortress and the other near their flight master (usually Allies take their weeklies from there). Horde has only 1 group located inside the fortress, and it's being constantly killed by the Alliance group of quest givers or by Allies themselves while waiting for their VoA.

Many things can be done to get rid of this issue:
1) we can mod the flags of NPCs inside the fortress (excluding Horde guards) so quest givers will be invulnerable.
2) or we can seperate those NPCs from each other, but this will only prevent their death from the Alliance group of NPCs and not players.
3) or we can mod the phases of those NPCs in a way to make Alliance quest givers inside the fortress invisible.

But the best thing to do in my opinion is to play with phases in a way to:
- make every NPC inside the fortress invisible for the current WG phase (phase 1), except for Horde guards and vendors.
- make the Horde quest givers near flight path visible on phase 1.

This way, things will be balanced. Faction quest givers will be available near their respective flight master, and the fortress will be in clean state and will only involve PvP between VoA raiders.
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Fastor

#13 » Post by Fastor » 28 Nov 2013 11:08

Or, flag them all unattackable and nothing else.

Myaoming
Former Staff

#14 » Post by Myaoming » 28 Nov 2013 18:55

Which is option 1) if you reread my post. I still prefer the last idea for mentioned reasons.
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Nyeriah

#15 » Post by Nyeriah » 28 Nov 2013 21:17

Making them unattackable is the less messy solution.