[Rejected] Seperated BG queue for twinks ?

Necrosis

[Rejected] Seperated BG queue for twinks ?

#1 » Post by Necrosis » 03 Feb 2013 15:46

Meeting twinks in BG while leveling is always unpleasant, especially at lower level. You can out play them by all means, but as soon as they get to attack you, you will die in 2 or 3 hits.

Since the option for locking xp gaining is enabled, why not enable this feature as well ? It will improve pvp experience for both twinks and normal leveling players.

Darchrow
Donor

Re: Seperated BG queue for twinks ?

#2 » Post by Darchrow » 03 Feb 2013 15:52

pass twink levels fast and you won't have that problem...
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Jynx / Zubat / Alyce ( Swagmourne ) / Discord / Redtube
Disruption / Perplexity / Magejkdruid / Swagstormxqt ( Swagmobile )
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

[Guild] [Angrycow]: nice to meet u im Sava and im really horny person

kindzadza ily

Ragnorak
Donor

#3 » Post by Ragnorak » 03 Feb 2013 15:53

We've been over this issue before... we are unable to script separate BGs for twinks so we leave the situation as it is... or we can go back to stat scaling... since that idea worked out so well.

If they can script it then great... but atm we can't which is why it remains this way.
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!

Necrosis

#4 » Post by Necrosis » 03 Feb 2013 15:59

Darchrow wrote:pass twink levels fast and you won't have that problem...
It doesn't change anything about pvp experience for lower levels. The bracket is 10 levels for a reason.

Necrosis

#5 » Post by Necrosis » 03 Feb 2013 16:00

Ragnorak wrote:We've been over this issue before... we are unable to script separate BGs for twinks so we leave the situation as it is... or we can go back to stat scaling... since that idea worked out so well.

If they can script it then great... but atm we can't which is why it remains this way.
Fair enough, at least it's been tried.

Royal

#6 » Post by Royal » 03 Feb 2013 16:02

It wasnt really tried, it was attempted for a while but then was abandoned cause people were destryong population instead of trying to help with it.

Raxxo

#7 » Post by Raxxo » 03 Feb 2013 19:55

Isn't part of the fun of twinking the pwnage of people who don't twink? :D

Bluebell
Former Staff

#8 » Post by Bluebell » 03 Feb 2013 20:08

Well, people always go on chat "LFM twinks to join BG allies have more twinks than us!"
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Nyaneve

#9 » Post by Nyaneve » 04 Feb 2013 12:26

I seriously doubt that Allies have more twinks than Horde....

Darchrow
Donor

#10 » Post by Darchrow » 04 Feb 2013 14:51

they do
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Jynx / Zubat / Alyce ( Swagmourne ) / Discord / Redtube
Disruption / Perplexity / Magejkdruid / Swagstormxqt ( Swagmobile )
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

[Guild] [Angrycow]: nice to meet u im Sava and im really horny person

kindzadza ily

Mysterygamer

#11 » Post by Mysterygamer » 04 Feb 2013 15:15

I have never seen a horde twink in 70-79 but there's usually atleast one alliance twink. So the amount if twinks probably differs from bracket to bracket.

Arraj

#12 » Post by Arraj » 04 Feb 2013 18:11

This is known issue to all of us... I have lv19 twink and I spend more time online on that cahr than on my lv80 so I know what you talk about.

Alliance has more twinks... on lv19 at least. But.. that's not topic we are talking about. There was a try to balance pvp in low lv brackets and it failed. Failed in every single meaning of that word.

It involved so called "stat scaling" and it's something that 95% of us didn't accept since this is server without custom stuff... - FACT: "stat scaling" is custom thing ! Many guys complained about it. I, along with few others, was especially "loud" about it and finaly that idea came to it's end. Pls don't mention it anymore since it's most stupid thing ever implemented on this server.

Twinking, in overall, becomes more and more popular... I see more and more lv19 twinks coming out of nowhere. Especially on horde... I personally contributed alot to this with making guild "Horde Recruit Agency". Guild is total succes and almost 40% of ppl who passed trough it decided to make a twink...

I belive that in next few months, with twinks coming like this, we will be able to get seperate bgs fro twinks. Ofc if there is some developer who can script it.

I'm not against this idea... I totaly support it. But right now there is just not enough twinks to even try it.
Sheena of the Warsong Clan

Bored with 80lv content? Check out my level 19 character guide.
New to server and need some cash? Check this out and make some easy gold

Ashiel

#13 » Post by Ashiel » 01 Apr 2013 06:32

I belive that in next few months, with twinks coming like this, we will be able to get seperate bgs fro twinks. Ofc if there is some developer who can script it.
There's nothing wrong with twinks if the BGs are working as intended. As far as I understand it, it was in fact due to the non-Blizzlike BGs that the BG-rebalancing was attempted to begin with. Fixing an un-Blizzlike with an un-Blizzlike in effect, to promote better sportsmanship and more interesting BGs (and as a result more frequent BGs since you could get about twice as many ques per bracket while remaining competitive).
Don't Be The Fool! Learn Logic and Reason Today!
Straw Man Fallacy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5vzCmURh7o
Red Herring: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exdK7Lirngg
Ad Hominem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GzXVqwYHVE
Good Logical Structure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAmgEa1B1vI
Strong vs Weak Argument: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXMAR63TVDI