[Accepted] Multiboxing

Allow multiboxing

1. Allow multiboxing as it's essential for a blizzlike server to cater to all forms of players.
54%
2. No.
46%

Total votes: 97

Kindzadza
Former Staff

Re: Multiboxing

#76 » Post by Kindzadza » 19 Dec 2012 14:40

I don't want to go in details man,I just posted today because I was surprised by the results. :/

Cover25

#77 » Post by Cover25 » 19 Dec 2012 14:44

Kindzadza wrote:I don't want to go in details man,I just posted today because I was surprised by the results. :/
I want you to go into details, I'd love to know how they'd abuse it

Intervention
Former Staff

#78 » Post by Intervention » 19 Dec 2012 15:33

If the poll says no. Then it's a no. :/
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Myaoming
Former Staff

#79 » Post by Myaoming » 19 Dec 2012 15:40

lol Inter... :|
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Intervention
Former Staff

#80 » Post by Intervention » 19 Dec 2012 15:41

What?
Chicken, Fried Chicken

Myaoming
Former Staff

#81 » Post by Myaoming » 19 Dec 2012 15:42

Intervention wrote:If the poll says no. Then it's a no. :/
Really? xD

Intervention
Former Staff

#82 » Post by Intervention » 19 Dec 2012 15:43

I don't understand....
Chicken, Fried Chicken

Darchrow
Donor

#83 » Post by Darchrow » 19 Dec 2012 15:47

^ captain obvious is what he meant
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Jynx / Zubat / Alyce ( Swagmourne ) / Discord / Redtube
Disruption / Perplexity / Magejkdruid / Swagstormxqt ( Swagmobile )
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

[Guild] [Angrycow]: nice to meet u im Sava and im really horny person

kindzadza ily

Myaoming
Former Staff

#84 » Post by Myaoming » 19 Dec 2012 15:57

No Darch, what I mean is that I can make 12+ accounts right now and vote on this poll to turn it upside down. Then the poll will say yes.

Darchrow
Donor

#85 » Post by Darchrow » 19 Dec 2012 15:57

i could make 12 and vote no
so ?
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Jynx / Zubat / Alyce ( Swagmourne ) / Discord / Redtube
Disruption / Perplexity / Magejkdruid / Swagstormxqt ( Swagmobile )
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

[Guild] [Angrycow]: nice to meet u im Sava and im really horny person

kindzadza ily

Roel
Founder

#86 » Post by Roel » 19 Dec 2012 16:00

Like I said before, we should make a new system to see the opinion of the community but that could be some work. Though these polls are good to compare all arguments and come to a logical conclusion.

Myaoming
Former Staff

#87 » Post by Myaoming » 19 Dec 2012 16:01

Darchrow wrote:i could make 12 and vote no
so ?
Bah that's not my point xD
I just wonder why we make polls if it can be abused and doesn't represent the whole server. I actually find the comments here more important than the poll votes.
So we shouldn't really consider poll votes for decisions, except if theres a very huge difference, or if there's more than 2 options to vote for.

Hero_kris

#88 » Post by Hero_kris » 19 Dec 2012 18:24

Seriously ? I mean seriously guys ? - ''If the poll say no then it is no.'' - Well if the poll was to close the server and the poll said ''yes'' would you? - I know what you are going to say - my point is because the masses say something it doesnt mean it should be done - now you ll say that the players have equal votes - well yes but some people who have voted probably have not even read all the comments and does that make their vote equal to that of a player wasted his time to read and think what is the best and most logical decision. The people that have posted their opinion are probably around 20 and the votes are 63 at the moment. And comments from the type of : "
I don't want to go in details man,I just posted today because I was surprised by the results. :/"
are just plain stupid I dont care if it is a GM or a normal player. - A person should explain himself and take responsibility for their decisions and actions. It is a really bad thing not to do so - why? - Racism it based on the same type of thinking - ''Daddy said black people are a lower grade of human beings. So they are bad!'' - ''I dont know why I hate you but I do.''

It should be made another topic where all the positive and negative things are stated in one post so people do read it and take a decision based on thinking not on feeling. And after all it depends on the GMs - their is the final decision so even if the poll says something they should think carefully if they should listen to it.

The main reason for me writing in such a manner is because I truly have done my part in reading and overthinking it and the fact that my vote may be equal to that of a person who hasnt made any effort and even worse - doesnt want to make one simply angers me. As I said - I have given my reasons - logical reasons why should it be allowed in PVE and not in PVP. The summarised thought is : Allowed in PVE because it almost doesnt affect other players. And not in PVP simply because one person cant play with more than 1 char as if he played with 1 and that would be a problem to the other players. And of course with minor additions which I have stated above.
This is a block of text that is added to all your posts. - You can find it in ''Inbox>Profile>Edit signature'' and write the thing you want to be added to your posts. - I wrote this so people who dont know how to set this can see.

Cover25

#89 » Post by Cover25 » 19 Dec 2012 20:16

Roel wrote:We can just try this, we can always disallow anything that's causing problems.
Personally, (Maybe it's because I'm an american, I don't know) I believe that if the people say they don't want it, then they don't want it. However, we should atleast give this a test run. What's the harm that can come of it? If it becomes a problem, we can address it in a topic that will be made. There have been good arguments for it, and some decent arguments against it. (Again the BG issue was addressed by Roel and myself.)

I believe this can only benefit us, and seeing how there's such a limited amount of responses (probably 1/10 of the server came here to vote) I believe it deserves a chance to shine. However, as I've said in this post if the people don't want it, the staff should listen to the people. No mans vote is stronger, nor looked upon greater than anyone else's. We should be able to directly get involved in the server and mold it to what the players see fit, as long as it follows a Constitution that Roel made the day he opened Truewow.

Basically, we should strive to be as blizzlike as possible, but people need to understand that blizzlike doesn't mean we're 100% blizzlike. We just imitate it. Whether that means it's adding a balancing buff in bgs to even out facerolls, or not allowing multiboxers.

Democracy...how I love you.

Roel
Founder

#90 » Post by Roel » 19 Dec 2012 20:30

Cover25 wrote:and seeing how there's such a limited amount of responses (probably 1/10 of the server came here to vote)
More like 1/100...

Well according to the statics we have 17k active accounts of which some are from the same person. 63 forum accounts voted here of which some are from the same person. So according to that it's something like 1/250... Whatever you call democracy.