[Accepted] Multiboxing

Allow multiboxing

1. Allow multiboxing as it's essential for a blizzlike server to cater to all forms of players.
54%
2. No.
46%

Total votes: 97

Nexxus

Re: Multiboxing

#31 » Post by Nexxus » 17 Dec 2012 02:08

All multiboxers in arena would get assraped, specially by heal-dps team..
Also vote No! Screw that, or allow it in leveling only as inter said.

Ragnorak
Donor

#32 » Post by Ragnorak » 17 Dec 2012 03:34

Etro wrote:In my opinion, if this is applied, it should have some restrictions, like only 2 characters at a time, or for only donators to be able to multibox, etc, if such restrictions are possible to follow. It is not blizzlike that it be that easy, unless you pay for all the accounts.
Etro, TrueWoW Donators have never and will never receive ANY special privileges under any circumstances, we are not MoltenWoW etc donators are very much equal to the average player on TrueWoW... the only special privilege donators get is this awesome purple text in the forums :>

As for the Multiboxing thing i'm going against it since i believe this can be abused too easily but the other arguments have been really good as well... So it's a no from me but it's a weak no.
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!

Dress

#33 » Post by Dress » 17 Dec 2012 10:06

The only real abuse I can think of is multiboxing in PvP, but why not disallow multiboxing in PvP only?

I believe that multiboxing would be incredibly useful to players (outside PvP):
Multiboxing PRO's:
-raids/instances to move a lot more smoothly
-eliminates bad raid/instance members ('cause you have only yourself to blame if something goes wrong :3)
-removes long wait times
-trains players' multi-tasking skills (applicable in business, sports, etc! xD)
-removes need for group for group quests (good for people in remote locations of the WoW)
-makes areas seem more lively (more characters in an area = sense of community and activity, otherwise known as, a not stagnant server)
-prevents ganking (people see four names instead of one so stay away)
-defends against ganking (four defending characters vs one attacking character)
<I know the last two seem like PvP, but think of it as a Stranglethorn situation. :] 4 level 34s running around when an annoying level 40 decides to boast his/her skill. 4 characters effectively repelled with fear + shadow bolts x4.>

Don't really see any CONs, though. (Feel free to comment on this part :])

Plus, multiboxing is not entirely unlimited. To actually multibox at the level most are talking about, you need to have multiple high levels. People will still have to work hard to get those 4 level 80 shamans. They would also need more gear for more characters, more gold for training mounts, professions, etc, for more characters, etc.

Intervention
Former Staff

#34 » Post by Intervention » 17 Dec 2012 10:11

I would never invite a multiboxer to my raid. You can't raid properly controlling all the same characters. By my understanding (for example) if you wanted to cast Lay on Hands on a friendly party member, all your characters will do the same, wasting cds. Also movement is essential and having multiple characters essentially be on 'follow' around you can really destroy the raid. For example, Blood Queen Lanath'el bites? Or red links? No thanks, disaster area...

For areas they seem more lively, yes. For leveling areas, the same. For RDF, takes up spots for people like myself who at the moment is running on a low end machine and although i can run 2-3 clients at once, sometimes alt-tabbing between the clients can crash my computer. If you queue with 4-5 of your clones or whatever, you're just taking spots for RDF and ultimately you have a low chance to win any loot...
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Torie

#35 » Post by Torie » 17 Dec 2012 11:09

Intervention wrote:I would never invite a multiboxer to my raid. You can't raid properly controlling all the same characters. By my understanding (for example) if you wanted to cast Lay on Hands on a friendly party member, all your characters will do the same, wasting cds. Also movement is essential and having multiple characters essentially be on 'follow' around you can really destroy the raid. For example, Blood Queen Lanath'el bites? Or red links? No thanks, disaster area...

For areas they seem more lively, yes. For leveling areas, the same. For RDF, takes up spots for people like myself who at the moment is running on a low end machine and although i can run 2-3 clients at once, sometimes alt-tabbing between the clients can crash my computer. If you queue with 4-5 of your clones or whatever, you're just taking spots for RDF and ultimately you have a low chance to win any loot...
Multi-boxers use macros, plenty of macros. Properly done by any multi-boxer that knows what they are doing you won't see all 5 characters casting LoH going by your example. They would have macros on their bar that are keybinded. Each character they control is not a copy cat of the multi-boxers main. Another words the slaves don't cast the same spells as the leader. I suppose someone new at multi-boxing might indeed try that to began with but they will find out real fast it don't work.

As far as RDF you would or should get more chances at going. Not many people has the machine to handle 5 WoW clients running simultaneously. I myself prefer running Tank/healer duo or dps/healer. As far as loot, you would get the same chance on loot in rdf as you do with running with a group of guildmates from a different guild. In fact you would have more of a chance in my opinion, because the multi-boxer don't like questing, they like to grind instances, RDF would get a boost. Chances are the multi-boxers done run the same instance 100 times over and has all the gear they need from the place, even if not they know they will be running it again and again...

You do of course have some that would prefer running the same classes such as 5 shams. I don't like that way of doing it, it's kind of cheesy in my opinion, I like running different classes personally. It is a really good learning experience whether you dual-box or try running 5, it is a really nice learning experience and could give people something new to try. With Wotlk, there is not much new left to do, once a person has done all raids, it kind of gets boring. A chance to Multi-box, adds life back to it.

I would also like to point out something else. You said Alt-Tabbing crashes your computer. The very programs that multi-boxers use, would stop you from having to alt-tab. Even on a low end machine you could quiet easily run 2-3 WoW applications without crashing, by using the program.

Intervention
Former Staff

#36 » Post by Intervention » 17 Dec 2012 11:25

Running 2 or more clients heats up my laptop very quickly and pushing it to multi-box ain't in my best interest.

Anyway, votes are looking negative toward this and i can see why.
Chicken, Fried Chicken

Cover25

#37 » Post by Cover25 » 17 Dec 2012 11:28

Yes, but I'm not closing the poll after a day...

Intervention
Former Staff

#38 » Post by Intervention » 17 Dec 2012 11:30

Can't see where i implied to close it. Simply pointed out poll is negative thus far...
Chicken, Fried Chicken

Cover25

#39 » Post by Cover25 » 17 Dec 2012 11:31

Intervention wrote:
Can't see where i implied to close it. Simply pointed out poll is negative thus far...
I thought you were trying to say that was the verdict ;d

Torie

#40 » Post by Torie » 17 Dec 2012 11:49

Nexxus wrote:All multiboxers in arena would get assraped, specially by heal-dps team..
Also vote No! Screw that, or allow it in leveling only as inter said.
Most of the people I see saying no are against it for almost the exact same reasons. PvP.

I am guessing that is where the few arguments are directing their input with the "abuse" and "rule breaking" is in PvP. In my opinion make it illegal for PvP if there is ways one could break rules.
Even though the only bad things that I could see happening in PvP would be some multi-boxing learner trying to go into a wsg and just make a mess for his team.

@ Intervention, I don't know if you have tried this, but if you take a rather small bowl of ice and put near your laptop (not real close) and use a desk fan, point the desk fan kind of under your laptop and let it blow across the ice, will dramatcally help with cooling. Also make sure your Laptop is not setting flat on the desk or whatever surface you are using.

Nexxus

#41 » Post by Nexxus » 17 Dec 2012 12:35

Alright I will tell you why am I against this shit.
I was on <server> instant and I saw one shaman hordie who was at Horde Training Dummy's. (I was dk)
I landed on and attacked.
Then i saw it's not one, there are 4 more with similar names.
He did instant 5 flame shocks and 5 instant lava brust crits and killed me in a second.
Is that cool? Talking about PVP multiboxers...just fail..

P.S On next attempt I (afther using all cds) killed 2 of them, but other 3 got me... Fair fight indeed.

Cover25

#42 » Post by Cover25 » 17 Dec 2012 12:37

Are people still forgetting that they have to level the chars? 80% of all these 'worst case scenarios' won't happen because leveling will hinder it.

Nexxus

#43 » Post by Nexxus » 17 Dec 2012 12:45

How?
I log on 2 chars, party up, following each other can be hard? And picture world pvp, guy lvl 16 run into multiboxer of few lvl 16's. Again, fair fight..

Cover25

#44 » Post by Cover25 » 17 Dec 2012 12:54

You forget that leveling past 50 with the low level>following 80 will take forever.

Chaosbolt

#45 » Post by Chaosbolt » 17 Dec 2012 13:17

Now we have had posts on these forums about balance, one about balancing world pvp. This would severely unbalance world pvp, say if I went to attack stormwind and got the fuck nuked out of me because there was someone who was in stormwind who was multiboxing. Not only the fact it has unfair advantages for the people who use it, it's argument that it is blizzlike was discredited by the fact that you pay for a subscription on blizzard. We can do everything like blizzard did or we could do things based on our current position to do it.

Multiboxing has always been one of the things that is bannable on this server, if we want to fall back on our core beliefs lets allow bug abusing and advertising. If we allow bug abusing people will stay and get geared, we would see an increase in population due to the people who no longer get a vacation from abusing these bugs and we will also get people staying because things are easier, no wait that isn't right, there are draw backs to that idea. How about advertising, if we don't ban advertisers they might realise that our server is good due to staying and playing while advertising and then that could increase our population. Ohh look there is a flaw in that to. My point is we could allow a lot of things, but lets try not to fall back on the core beliefs of truewow.

We have been through our ups and downs on this server. Not even at our lowest point did we consider multi-boxing as an option, what has changed now? we have the people that we don't need multiboxing, yet now this idea has come along?

Now a lot of ideas as of recently have gone through a poll and they haven't been the best idea. I have heard a lot of things about this server about it being virtuous and not giving up in the face of evil. A virtuous server can attract people, giving up key beliefs is not TrueWoWs best path. I can say if this passes I will be joining the staff members who have lost hope and resigning. -Anoth since I forgot my main accounts password atm :S
Last edited by Guest on 17 Dec 2012 13:20, edited 1 time in total.