[Rejected] Gunship Loot

Hellsoul

[Rejected] Gunship Loot

#1 » Post by Hellsoul » 02 Sep 2012 13:36

Ok so i was thinking about this the other day and i thought "Hey, this could work, even though it's not 100% blizzlike".
Basically, it's to add a chest with the Gunship loot. What i mean is, to add a chest (like the one after you kill Deathbringer Saurfang) containing the loot of the Gunship battle. This chest could be implemented on the opposite side of Saurfang's chest. I know it's un-blizzlike and all and that, technically, we dont deserve to acquire Gunship's loot, because we don't even fight through the event.
BUT it's a little penalizing not to be able to have the loot. For example, the Gunship drops a shield on the 10man version, but warriors and pally's can't get it, so they have to down Anub in ToC and he has (imo) a 1% drop rate for that shield (i've never seen it drop D:<). Also there's a tank trinket which drops from Gunship in 25 man, it's the equivalent of DBW or DFO, but it's for tanks, and we don't get to have it.
So by implementing this "chest" we could get access to the loot and not be penalized.
If you have any comments, feel free to post back.
Hellsoul lvl 80 Nelf Death Knight, Frost dps pve; Blood tank
Bowner lvl 80 Troll Hunter, MM PvE/SV PvP -- Inactive for a while on this character
Luminala lvl 80 Nelf druid Resto PvE/Feral Tank PvE
Deathknab level 80 Draenei Death Knight (another dkwuut?)<--- Unholy coz i'm a crazy mofo
Zomfg lvl 80 Human Healadin

Intervention
Former Staff

Re: Gunship Loot

#2 » Post by Intervention » 02 Sep 2012 13:38

I get the idea and it makes sense and all but...not for me..

Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Crown

#3 » Post by Crown » 02 Sep 2012 13:40

I think it would be unfair if they would add gunship loot without even having that encounter.

It's the same as you would go to RS and got all the loot there even if you didn't killed Halion.
Last edited by Guest on 02 Sep 2012 13:41, edited 1 time in total.

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#4 » Post by Kindzadza » 02 Sep 2012 13:40

-1 from me..I don't feel like rewarding for something that ain't there..If we do this,then we should add Ruby Sanctum chest and EoE chest :P

+ There are 6 shields that can be obtained ..Toc 10 normal and heroic,Toc25 normal and heroic,ICC 25 normal and heroic :P

Same goes for the tank trinket..There is a 60 frost key,Sindragosa Normal 25,Professor 10 normal and heroic.

Pretty much you can achieve a decent gear to tank everything.

Intervention
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Intervention » 02 Sep 2012 13:42

ToC25 and ToC25 hc trinkets too for tanks.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Arockalypse
Donor

#6 » Post by Arockalypse » 02 Sep 2012 13:43

I've talked about this before in INM, but chest to be spawned when getting to LK or after killing him.

Anw, not Blizzlike and it would be giving free loots for an encounter you did not do to earn its rewards.
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

Anoth
Former Staff

#7 » Post by Anoth » 02 Sep 2012 13:48

Yeah I talked with arock about it and the reason we didn't suggest it was it was un-blizzlike! :D

Nyaneve

#8 » Post by Nyaneve » 02 Sep 2012 14:02

It is a bit penalizing, but tanks aren't the only ones that lose from it. The BiS healing trinket drops from Gunship, along with BiS Assassination Rogue chest and Combat Rogue offhand to be a few mentions. Ruby Sanctum and Eye of Eternity can hardly be taken as examples because they are totally unrelated to ICC and on separate tiers and came in separate patches. BiS tables existed even before Ruby Sanctum was released (it was intended to be released with the War of the Aspects storyline) and they even existed for the Eye of Eternity tier (T7 if anyone wanted to know, and most of that loot is poo for T9.5/T10 anyway).
But, since we haven't done Gunship Battle, we don't deserve the loot. :( (Yes, it does make me sad. Althor's Abacus is sooooooo shinyyyyyyyyyy)

Anoth
Former Staff

#9 » Post by Anoth » 02 Sep 2012 14:04

I Want taht trinket so much! D:

Cover25

#10 » Post by Cover25 » 04 Sep 2012 04:00

Sundark wrote:It is a bit penalizing, but tanks aren't the only ones that lose from it. The BiS healing trinket drops from Gunship, along with BiS Assassination Rogue chest and Combat Rogue offhand to be a few mentions. Ruby Sanctum and Eye of Eternity can hardly be taken as examples because they are totally unrelated to ICC and on separate tiers and came in separate patches. BiS tables existed even before Ruby Sanctum was released (it was intended to be released with the War of the Aspects storyline) and they even existed for the Eye of Eternity tier (T7 if anyone wanted to know, and most of that loot is poo for T9.5/T10 anyway).
But, since we haven't done Gunship Battle, we don't deserve the loot. :( (Yes, it does make me sad. Althor's Abacus is sooooooo shinyyyyyyyyyy)

It's not even that good of a trinket, it has a 30~ second CD.

Anyhow, i don't see a reason to just give out loot because the encounter isn't scripted. Give it some time, when the instance opens everyone can have a fair shot at getting some loot :)

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#11 » Post by Kindzadza » 04 Sep 2012 04:24

Althor's Abacus is a decent trinket lol...It's almsot a bis for my discipline priest consindering Intelect is what I need to use.Also most of the trinkets are with a 45 seconds ICD up to 140 secs (DBW) and the 2 mins cooldown of "USE" trinkets.

Hellsoul

#12 » Post by Hellsoul » 08 Sep 2012 10:40

Ok then, i guess we wont have the Gunship loot. :P. It was just an idea going through my mind, so it's ok. Oh and for the 6 Aquirable shields tanks can get, that was a mehh reason because ppl who are starting to get tank gear wont have the ICC25/hc shield 'till, well, 'till they down BQ on 25 and if they are the MT or OT (and this doesnt happen as often). I dont see many ToC25s or 25hc being made (or maybe it's because i'm on the otherside of the world :P), so that also excludes that possibility. But yes i do agree it wouldn't be fair to get loot we didnt fight for.
Hellsoul lvl 80 Nelf Death Knight, Frost dps pve; Blood tank
Bowner lvl 80 Troll Hunter, MM PvE/SV PvP -- Inactive for a while on this character
Luminala lvl 80 Nelf druid Resto PvE/Feral Tank PvE
Deathknab level 80 Draenei Death Knight (another dkwuut?)<--- Unholy coz i'm a crazy mofo
Zomfg lvl 80 Human Healadin

Arockalypse
Donor

Gunship Loot

#13 » Post by Arockalypse » 08 Sep 2012 10:46

Btw,
ToC 10hc shield > ToC25n shield imo
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

Nyaneve

#14 » Post by Nyaneve » 08 Sep 2012 13:48

Cover25 wrote: It's not even that good of a trinket, it has a 30~ second CD.

Anyhow, i don't see a reason to just give out loot because the encounter isn't scripted. Give it some time, when the instance opens everyone can have a fair shot at getting some loot :)
It is BiS for all healing classes because of the SP and the higher ilvl than Solace of the Fallen/Defeated N.

Sinnerly

#15 » Post by Sinnerly » 10 Sep 2012 06:15

i would say make a place like DW and you get the loot and all that
Sinnerly - level 66 rogue (first char ever idk shit about rogues)
Sinnerx - level 80 warrior prot / fury
Maurelius - level 80 DK frost / unholy