[Rejected] Suggestion concerning DF

Cover25

Re: Suggestion concerning DF

#16 » Post by Cover25 » 20 Aug 2012 23:13

Flexall wrote:We are considering taking characters from 3x server to here a 1x. I read the 1x in your post, that part is irrelevant. It doesn't matter because we are including 3x here as well as 1x and Blizz doesn't take 3x due to them not having any 3x servers
We were considering it, yes, however we never did it. So atm, with the given situation it's 1x. So all of the following IS blizzlike, and i dont see a reason to change that to get 20 people (maybe), and losing how many?

Dr. Who

#17 » Post by Dr. Who » 20 Aug 2012 23:28

to say the true i duno what is blizzlike or not. since the hunter pets size are buged and the guys who are working on the core solved the problem long ago and i posted here the link but the admins didnt used it here. soooo if this was to be full blizzlike its failing in some things. on that time roel told me that he will not change the pets only because that would make dificult the pvp agains humters cuz the hunter will hide behind the pet. lol
well... on the retail they dont have that problem... curious isnt it? ;)
You did a bad think? Does it affect me? No? Them Suffer in Silence.
You Crying now? You have no reason to cry, if some one cries is because they are sad.
For example,i cry because people are stupid what makes me sad.
And i'm not insane, my Mother had me tested.
by: "The Big Bang Theory -Sheldon Cooper"

Cover25

#18 » Post by Cover25 » 20 Aug 2012 23:32

Dr. Who wrote:to say the true i duno what is blizzlike or not. since the hunter pets size are buged and the guys who are working on the core solved the problem long ago and i posted here the link but the admins didnt used it here. soooo if this was to be full blizzlike its failing in some things. on that time roel told me that he will not change the pets only because that would make dificult the pvp agains humters cuz the hunter will hide behind the pet. lol
well... on the retail they dont have that problem... curious isnt it? ;)
I dont see your point, you think roel was being biased because he wouldnt accept customly made patches for a issue that happened like, 6 months ago? Even when trinity is working (hard) on fixing hunter pets, so it'd be a waste anyway. And who knows what the patch would break?

Also yes, we're blizzlike, we're NOT retail. there's a difference. we go strictly from trinity and only sometimes accept custom content (made and checked from our admins.)

Intervention
Former Staff

#19 » Post by Intervention » 21 Aug 2012 03:50

With QC you can argue that bugged quests aren't blizzlike either so the qc counterbalances that aspect. But i am on the fence with the idea because it ruins what we build ourselves on and we want to keep that blizzlike aspect as true as we can.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Anoth
Former Staff

#20 » Post by Anoth » 21 Aug 2012 06:46

Cover25 wrote: If making the server more populated means dropping our most important aspect of this server, then it's not worth it. People come here because they want retail-like experiences. Not for fun services.
<3 I agree so much with this It is something that if it changes I will leave... I don't care about anything else. I joined the server for being blizzlike.

Cover25 wrote:
Flexall wrote:We are considering taking characters from 3x server to here a 1x. I read the 1x in your post, that part is irrelevant. It doesn't matter because we are including 3x here as well as 1x and Blizz doesn't take 3x due to them not having any 3x servers
We were considering it, yes, however we never did it. So atm, with the given situation it's 1x. So all of the following IS blizzlike, and i dont see a reason to change that to get 20 people (maybe), and losing how many?

This to <3 Taking from non-blizzlike servers could cause more people to leave then join.

falcobird

#21 » Post by falcobird » 21 Aug 2012 18:53

Just throwing in my two cents:
One could argue that not being able to get a group for a dungeon isn't blizzlike. Personally, I joined specifically to do dungeons with groups and level that way. I find it really difficult (sometimes impossible) to find groups for certain dungeons, especially under level 70. That's not blizzlike, now is it? Cross-faction dungeons would counterbalance that.
That said however, searching for hours for people for an end game raid IS blizzlike, so there would be no real need to have cross faction raids.

Cover25

#22 » Post by Cover25 » 21 Aug 2012 19:12

falcobird wrote:Just throwing in my two cents:
One could argue that not being able to get a group for a dungeon isn't blizzlike. Personally, I joined specifically to do dungeons with groups and level that way. I find it really difficult (sometimes impossible) to find groups for certain dungeons, especially under level 70. That's not blizzlike, now is it? Cross-faction dungeons would counterbalance that.
That said however, searching for hours for people for an end game raid IS blizzlike, so there would be no real need to have cross faction raids.
You say not finding people for RDF isn't blizzlike, then suggest cross faction RDF.... Also, on low pop retail servers (new ones that open up) it actually is hard to find RDF.

Sanity

#23 » Post by Sanity » 21 Aug 2012 19:43

falcobird wrote:Just throwing in my two cents:
On the server I used to play, this idea was offered as well. In essence, GMs there concluded that if it were possible to allow people under lv70 to team up through RDF and RDF only, it probably wouldn't be too bad. You could even compare this, in a way, to how on retail servers their entire battlegroups share the dungeon queue.

However that's impossibly without serious modifications to the core. If the settings for grouping were changed (don't shoot me if I'm wrong), then the following could happen
+ Teaming up using RDF at low levels.
- Teaming up while questing.
- Teaming up at lv80 to travel to dungeons, not using the RDF.
- Teaming up at lv80 to do raids together.
- etc
It's just not possible, sadly, without major consequences. This besides the entire blizzlike or not argument.

Rhaps

#24 » Post by Rhaps » 21 Aug 2012 20:39

Ya i am pretty sure Ruben is right..U can enable cross faction grouping but i believe it enables it for everything and i know of no way to restrict it to certain lvls..
Even if there were a way to do this i would not personally agree with it..as many have stated before me this server prides itself on being Blizzlike..lets not ruin that rep for something like this please.If u want to do RDF then advertize it in world more often promote RDF with a macro encourage ppl to be more active in RDF..but dont change the whole point of our server : /
Perhaps we could add an auto-broadcast about the RDF..maybe just a reminder to everyone Remember to join the Random Dungeon Finder to interact with other players your level and complete some awesome dungeons.
I know we have a message already about not joining as group lol but its always seemed more for 80s to me and a reminder to lower lvls to join Dungeons would be a nice addition to our broadcasts i think.Forgive me if there is already a broadcast like this lol Ive been gone a while and only just started playing again so i havent seen one if such exists :P..But anyway thats my 2 cents.

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#25 » Post by Kindzadza » 21 Aug 2012 20:50

Where is this going? Creating a unity for the two factions won't happen,because we would have to change a heap of other stuff afterwards.

Just read what petne said. :>

Discarnate

#26 » Post by Discarnate » 22 Aug 2012 21:16

A first step towards easing the RDF usage would be to close down all the dungeons that award no frosties, contain bugged bosses and/or incorrect loot tables. A second step would be to make bots. =| They will queue RDF on their own and perform easy roles like DPSing. An Arcane Mage bot will be very easy to make since its rotations are very simple and ranged.
Law Student | Professional Musician

"Those who are heartless, once cared too much."

Discarnate: Shaman [PvP] Enh. - 5/5 Wrathful ~ [PvE] Enh. - 6389 GS
Discussion: Warrior [PvP] Arms - 4/5 Wrathful ~ [PvE] Fury - 6566 GS
Discalceate: Druid [PvP] Feral - 4/5 Wrathful ~ [PvE] Cat - 6356 GS
Discordance: DK [PvP] Unh. - 4/5 Wrathful ~ [PvE] Unh. - 6194 GS

Armory links embedded.

Former guild Leader of "Hellraisers", a Horde guild.

Arraj

#27 » Post by Arraj » 30 Aug 2012 13:38

NO... simply NO. Don't do it... it's stupid, it's not blizzlike, it's against everything TrueWoW stands for. I came here cuz there's no custom content and stuff like these so pls stick to blizzlike vision.

Horde / Alliance team raiding is so stupid idea... I personally dont care about having hard time to group up. Today I was trying to organize Deadmines run to get defias chest for my rouge twink... and I failed, SO WHAT!!!???

Once I get that item I will appreciate it even more, just because I had hard time geting it... same goes for all items you get on hard way. Learn to be patient...
World of Warcraft is game where you can never be bored... there's always something to do. After I failed to organize DM I went to help some guys clear Blackfathom Deeps...

I'm totaly against this idea... it would ruin blizzlike feeling greatly! DON'T DO IT \ m/
Sheena of the Warsong Clan

Bored with 80lv content? Check out my level 19 character guide.
New to server and need some cash? Check this out and make some easy gold

Nyaneve

#28 » Post by Nyaneve » 31 Aug 2012 15:07

I just moved from a Cross-Faction server that I wanted to try out, and I quit because I HATED crossfaction. It totally kills the feeling of the game, and whats the point of having two factions that hate each other being able to raid together? And OFC if crossfaction raid is implemented, crossfaction communication would have to be implemented too, as you cant raid without /rw GTFO fire!!! and /rw DPS adds!!!

falcobird

#29 » Post by falcobird » 01 Sep 2012 06:50

Cover25 wrote:
You say not finding people for RDF isn't blizzlike, then suggest cross faction RDF.... Also, on low pop retail servers (new ones that open up) it actually is hard to find RDF.
Even on a low pop server, a tank and a healer can find a group instantly.
Currently, when I queue with a tank and healer, we can't find a group for days at a time.

That's the price you pay for playing on a private server with a low population. Cross faction would make lemonade out of lemons.

WoW wasn't designed with low populations in mind, and thats why low pop servers suck to play on. This is also a low pop server, bot an extreme version of one. The biggest problem is the lack of warm bodies to do things with, not the lack of determination by our players. If cross faction can provide warm bodies for me to party with, I don't care who they are.

Intervention
Former Staff

#30 » Post by Intervention » 01 Sep 2012 07:44

This suggestion is irrelevant. Read the news
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!