[Rejected] Suggestions Regarding Population & Progress

Tia

Re: Suggestions Regarding Population & Progress

#31 » Post by Tia » 12 Aug 2012 12:11

Well, define something cool :)

Where to start depends on your knowledge of Trinity project, SQL and C++. But, generally speaking, easiest way to start if you are new to this, is to play with the commands a bit, then maybe read the wiki to learn how stuff is handled by the database, then read the code to find out how the core itself works...

Without knowing how much you know about Trinity and the 2 languages, it is hard to point to a specific direction.

Prite

#32 » Post by Prite » 12 Aug 2012 12:35

Well I did learn C++ and SQL this year, Sometimes my problem is that I never used SQLYog, Workbench, etc. I should browse more the Trinity wiki, it's just I think that without knowiing what to search I might not use properly the wiki, and end up knowing 0 anyways :D
"All Warfare is based on Deception."
"Dura Praxis, Sed Praxis"
"Engenhus Facultis"

Prite

#33 » Post by Prite » 12 Aug 2012 13:04

Taking your advice I'm searching the wiki and the databases for information about the char I made, so far I found the list of achievements he has. Quick question, if I want to add a missing achievement onto the database in which database do I find it?
this link here http://www.trinitycore.info/Achievement.dbc_tc2
"All Warfare is based on Deception."
"Dura Praxis, Sed Praxis"
"Engenhus Facultis"

Frewdis

#34 » Post by Frewdis » 12 Aug 2012 16:35

You kind of answer own question, if you want to add achievement to char make new line in charcter_achievements insert guid of your character(character_account_data) id of achievement from the achievement db and date(or just 0)

Think if you what to make changes, get a clear focus of what you want to fix or change then go from there. Might want to start with some thing pretty simple first (like add some gossip to npc) and then move up as you get more knowledgeable with functions of the core & db.

Trinitycore.org/f/ would be place to go for some more info on coding and db other than wiki.