[Rejected] Suggestions Regarding Arena Queue Announcer

Discarnate

[Rejected] Suggestions Regarding Arena Queue Announcer

#1 » Post by Discarnate » 06 Jul 2012 20:46

I have met a lot of people who love the idea for various, useful reasons. I have met a lot of people who despise the existence of it for various, personal reasons. Since shutting it down (or separating its window) is impossible without shutting down all the other system message as well, I have thought of an easy solution.

Make an official arena-related channel and move all announces into that. This way, the PvPers will keep it enabled while others will have the easy option of disabling that channel or simply leaving it. This separates it from all other system messages since it becomes just another channel with automatic messages.

I'm not sure how possible this is to be applied. But, I think, both parties will be happy with this decision.
Last edited by Discarnate on 07 Jul 2012 00:14, edited 2 times in total.
Law Student | Professional Musician

"Those who are heartless, once cared too much."

Discarnate: Shaman [PvP] Enh. - 5/5 Wrathful ~ [PvE] Enh. - 6389 GS
Discussion: Warrior [PvP] Arms - 4/5 Wrathful ~ [PvE] Fury - 6566 GS
Discalceate: Druid [PvP] Feral - 4/5 Wrathful ~ [PvE] Cat - 6356 GS
Discordance: DK [PvP] Unh. - 4/5 Wrathful ~ [PvE] Unh. - 6194 GS

Armory links embedded.

Former guild Leader of "Hellraisers", a Horde guild.

Raskólnikov

Re: Suggestions Regarding Arena Queue Announcer

#2 » Post by Raskólnikov » 06 Jul 2012 20:49

I happen to love this idea.

Arnoxis

#3 » Post by Arnoxis » 06 Jul 2012 20:50

+1
but afaik therell be a we cant do it, most ideas only get implemented if they come from staff

Alexandros

#4 » Post by Alexandros » 06 Jul 2012 21:03

The only global channel that i can think of that could be used for this is the "Battle.net Alerts", that announcements channel is not used at all. All players could enable and disable it whenever they want without loosing any System announcements. Though i don't know if it would be possible to switch the arena announcements to that channel, at least my guess is that it is not.

Arnoxis

#5 » Post by Arnoxis » 06 Jul 2012 21:09

the problem with truewow is, you guys only use whats there, you cant make your own...

Heihachi
Developer

Suggestions Regarding Arena Queue Announcer

#6 » Post by Heihachi » 06 Jul 2012 21:50

I might be able to do it I can look into it later but tbh I don't know where the announcement code is located so I will have to search for it

Phaedra

#7 » Post by Phaedra » 06 Jul 2012 23:12

I would love this!

The only problem I can see is that several people have already asked for this and it was denied. In fact, I voiced something similar just a few days ago and was responded to with:
Flexall wrote:We can turn off the arena que announces but then there would be less arenas. Let's just face it, most teams don't even join arena que if there isn't teams joining already. I could only imagine how much worse it would be if there was no announce for it at all. Back when we had a 700+ population it would have been fine to turn it off but right now it should stay on.
http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 965#p72965

Granted, this was for having the ability to turn off the queue announcer if you wanted, but without turning off the rest of the system messages, but the scenario is relatively the same.

GM vs. MOD - Only on Pay-Per-View ($4.99 - ask your local cable company for details)

Flexall
Donor

#8 » Post by Flexall » 07 Jul 2012 00:10

I stated turning off the announcement altogether would be less arenas. If it was still broadcast but to only the people who like to do arena I see no problem with it.
Ever get stuck not knowing how to play free WoW? Well have no fear, just go here and download the game completely free (it's safe, even I use it). Once you do so, you will need to change your realmlist. You can do this by opening the WoW directory and navigating to (Data>EnUs>) open up realmlist.wtf with notepad and change it to

Code: Select all

Set Realmlist login.truewow.org
Congratulations!
Now you can run WoW.exe and login with your account name and password on our server

On a side-note, if you are having issues accessing TPB you can use an alternate proxie in this list.

Heihachi
Developer

#9 » Post by Heihachi » 07 Jul 2012 02:09

if you can make a separate chat window for it would be helpful too thats what i was thinking of seeing what can be done make it like a channel chat or something idk

Phaedra

#10 » Post by Phaedra » 07 Jul 2012 02:43

Flexall wrote:I stated turning off the announcement altogether would be less arenas. If it was still broadcast but to only the people who like to do arena I see no problem with it.
That's what I had initially asked:
Phaedra wrote:...can't we have this available for the people who want it without having it a permanent part of the auto-announce?
Your answer made me think it was all across the board.

Oh well. Communications in a type-written medium equate to seldom-understood, frequently-misinterpreted and often-humorous chaos. :D