[Rejected] PVP/RDF idea!

NeoStorm

[Rejected] PVP/RDF idea!

#1 » Post by NeoStorm » 13 Sep 2011 19:18

My idea is to encourage people to join the Random Dungeon Finder (or PVP) at set times.

It's pretty disheartening when you're sat waiting for a dungeon/pvp for an hour or longer. Also when you're kind of bored so you find yourself queuing over and over. So perhaps we can make it so that at the start of every hour we all could queue for random dungeons for two minutes and see what happens. If at that point you still don't find people then a tleast you know that everybody willing to do a dungeon with trying so then you can just go questing! I understand that it's normally the lack of healers and tanks that stops us having so much dungeon fun.. but this idea should help! It will make finding random dungeons more organized.

I think this idea would work even better for PVP. If we queue at :00 and :30 of every hour I'm sure there will be a lot more games played because people will purposely be logging on their pvp chars for it! Also this should lessen the number of people who go on alts to find more players on the opposing sides.

I think all we need to make this idea work is some support from GMs to spread the word every once and a while and then the idea should just spread from player to player, friend to friend.
I hope you guys can understand what I mean with all of this :P I feel like I explained it kind of randomly. Maybe I should have used bulletpoints. Oh well! Let me know what you think.

Ps. I understand that it's best to just leave yourself queued whenever you're playing but I think queuing so long without results makes people annoyed so they stop queuing completely!

Rehan

Re: PVP/RDF idea!

#2 » Post by Rehan » 13 Sep 2011 22:19

Not all players that play on the server are active on the forums to read this thread.
Not all players play at the same time so that everyone will queue.
You will never be able to make players queue whenever you or some players want.
If you want dungeons that have a set time and date when they happen there is a Group Calendar channel that links some guilds that make use of this addon.

The most useless ideea ever, just queue to a BG/DF and wait, and for DF you have the option to make it pre-made by just inviting players on the /who list if they aren't enough in your guild.

NeoStorm

#3 » Post by NeoStorm » 13 Sep 2011 23:51

Rehan wrote:Not all players that play on the server are active on the forums to read this thread.
Not all players play at the same time so that everyone will queue.
You will never be able to make players queue whenever you or some players want.
If you want dungeons that have a set time and date when they happen there is a Group Calendar channel that links some guilds that make use of this addon.

The most useless ideea ever, just queue to a BG/DF and wait, and for DF you have the option to make it pre-made by just inviting players on the /who list if they aren't enough in your guild.
This is just a suggestion I'm not expecting all players on the server to read this. Obviously we would talk on /world to spread the idea.

I understand that not all players play at the same time, but with my idea everybody will have a basic idea of when's a good time to try RDF/PVP. Infact this is exactly the point in my idea.. so your argument against it is actually in favour.

It's not about making people do anything, it's a suggestion.Obviously people can plan things on the calender with their guild if they want to, but they can also use this idea in addition to that. If you prefer just waiting for a dungeon to randomly happen then this idea just isn't for you, sorry.

Knowing when's a good time to join the RDF can only be a good thing and this idea is to increase your chances!

Rehan

#4 » Post by Rehan » 14 Sep 2011 06:28

You are not very smart, are you?

What your suggestion is just what we already have, a LFG channel, only difference is that you want it timed when more players should join. Like I said, just use the /who list or use the LFG channel with "LF DPS + Tank in dungeon-name" or something else. Players won't join at a set time, ever.
Just download the Group Calendar addon v4.6.1, ask some more guildies to get the addon too and if you ask in world chat maybe someone will tell you the private channel info so you can appoint your dungeons or other events at a certain date and time and in time, if players will want to queue to your event they will join it.

Alexandros

#5 » Post by Alexandros » 02 Nov 2011 19:57

Rehan, a bit of kindness into your heart when you're being honest wouldn't hurt you, actually it would make you look like a nice human being...

About the suggestion, i like the idea, but i think that to implement it would be very hard, and i can tell you for sure that the staff wont help you to promote the idea, at least not in terms of announcement commands or with the GM badge on, but if you convince enough people to help you it might work, after all you only want to give solution to a problem that everyone dislike, and if they are willing enough to work for it applying your idea, then it might work.

you can start whenever you want to promote the idea in-game if you aren't doing it already, aslong you don't spam :P, good luck.

Intervention
Former Staff

#6 » Post by Intervention » 03 Nov 2011 01:39

It's difficult to set something like this. Just keep advertising for people to join the RDF and BG queue and you'll tend to get more games and dungeons all the time. Population increase is also a factor we must consider.

P.S. Rehan don't try and shoot him down, this is not the first time somebody has suggested this. You are only showing your rudeness once again...
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!