Suggestion: Cross Server Battlegrounds with PrimalWoW

skyx

Suggestion: Cross Server Battlegrounds with PrimalWoW

#1 » Post by skyx » 10 Sep 2020 10:59

^ title.

Cross server RDF would be cool too.

If Cross server BGs is implemented, gear must be restricted (NOT DELETED) from the TW players or it would be dull and
boring for everyone.

(Edited because people are not reading properly)
Last edited by skyx on 06 Oct 2020 15:14, edited 1 time in total.

srelectrox

Re: Suggestion: Cross Server Battlegrounds with PrimalWoW

#2 » Post by srelectrox » 10 Sep 2020 16:26

Just think it would be too much work for something that in a few months (after we merge) will get useless, although, if it estimates to take longer, and since we share the same patch, it might be worth it for both realms. So +1

to conclude, 0.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Freakylups . Darkstuff . Garrote . Jardas . Mercurium

Heihachi
Developer

#3 » Post by Heihachi » 02 Oct 2020 20:42

srelectrox wrote:
10 Sep 2020 16:26

Just think it would be too much work for something that in a few months (after we merge) will get useless, although, if it estimates to take longer, and since we share the same patch, it might be worth it for both realms. So +1

to conclude, 0.
This is what I was working on before the merge was confirmed. Cross server chat was the stepping stone to hopefully cross realm BGs and Dungeons.

olabola

#4 » Post by olabola » 04 Oct 2020 11:04

Merge will happe at some point. No need for the PW people still trying to get decent gear meet bis-geared TW players in BGs.

However maybe a RDF cross realm function? BUt think it is a waste since merge will happen at some point (hopefully several months)

skyx

#5 » Post by skyx » 06 Oct 2020 15:16

Heihachi wrote:
02 Oct 2020 20:42
srelectrox wrote:
10 Sep 2020 16:26

to conclude, 0.
This is what I was working on before the merge was confirmed. Cross server chat was the stepping stone to hopefully cross realm BGs and Dungeons.
Why is this in the past tense?

Cross server BGs/RDF would be excellent for server activity.

I hope you return to it if it doesn't take too much your time.

Nyeriah

#7 » Post by Nyeriah » 07 Oct 2020 21:36

Isn’t it a matter of a couple of weeks until eventually there’s only one server?

It was announced by the team in charge of the server that the cross realm chat was worked for over 5 years just to get what we have currently. And that was the stepping stone to this. Aren’t we a little short on time?
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

skyx

#8 » Post by skyx » 08 Oct 2020 01:06

If I knew Crossfaction chat was the precursor to Crossfaction BGs/RDFs then I wouldn't have objected to it.

When something custom is implemented that causes divide amongst the playerbase, the staff should explain their intentions imo.

Anyways, despite the merge happenning "in a few months" as opposed to " a couple of weeks", I hope Crossfaction BGs/Arenas can be implemented because PvP on this server is basically non existent and when it does appear, people stop playing after a while because it sucks for them fighting people with overpowered gear that is extremely hard to obtain, especially for new players.

I would be willing to "help" out the implementation of crossfaction BGs but I would need advice and guidance.

Nyeriah

#9 » Post by Nyeriah » 08 Oct 2020 01:40

I'm slightly confused. Crossfaction? PvP already is crossfaction. Is it not?

My point is whether it'll take a few months or a few weeks, it's not going to happen because just to get chat working it took them 5 long years. I was never told how specifically they planned to get crossrealm bgs and dungeons to work, because the required infrastructure to make it work doesn't exist and that's far more complex than just sending payload from one application proccess to another. And even if all the effort required to get this to work is met, you wouldn't have any time to profit from it because the merge was meant to have already happened by now.

And the merge would probably have already happened wasn't for the compromise the players manage to get the staff to make to allow them to at least get some feeling of the new expansion without the geared players from the other realm. I hearsay it's coming next winter, so probably any time at December or so.

Now notice I don't oppose your suggestion, it's good. I just don't see it happening. Because there's neither time or interest given the priorities and considering the fact this might not make it in time at all.
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

skyx

#10 » Post by skyx » 08 Oct 2020 11:41

Opps, yeah, I meant Cross Realm/Server.

Well, it is good to know that cross realm chat took 5 years to implement so anything custom to alleviate the lack of PvP

activity goes out of the window.

And even when the merge eventually happens, the same problems will persist but with a few more people.

Please close this "suggestion", thanks. :)

Nyeriah

#11 » Post by Nyeriah » 08 Oct 2020 14:02

I'm sorry if I ruined it for you, I just don't think it's fair for players to nourish an expectation over something that is very unlikely to happen. As mentioned on another occasion, your other custom PvP suggestions are more feasible than this and the question is (or at least was) more of the "want to" nature than the actual technical sort.
― Johnny R. Cash

skyx

#12 » Post by skyx » 08 Oct 2020 19:48

Yeah, you are right.

As you have hinted, the inevitable solution for PvP on this server is: gear restriction.
And everytime I or someone else have suggested it in the past, it was immediately dismissed.
I even had a thread specifically made to shit-talk me which the "old TW staff" allowed to stay up whilst I received warnings for retaliating.

ANYWAYS

the PVP changes implemented relatively recently (
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=40180) were an OK step in the right direction but it did not address the root
cause: playing against highly geared players all the time IS NOT FUN, especially for new players/new toons.

Despite these changes, PvP activity on TW is now basically zero.
It is a vicious cycle where people don't queue BGs/Arenas because they don't want to get farmed and people who can't play PvP because there is not enough people.
I even played against a team who dodged AFTER ONE GAME despite having Shadowmourne and other PvE BiS.

https://truewow.org/armory/ahistory.php ... kw&realm=t

I played on a transfer mage on PrimalWoW during the end of the vanilla phase and it was fun simply because gear didn't matter as much, even against vanilla BiS characters. All I did was use Polymorph and I received a lot of whisphers and emotes for simply using polymorph.

Yes, I was a 2200+ multiclasser on my previous servers (which TrueWoW had a hand in ending one of them) and I have numerous 4/5 wf characters (and 5/5 wf shaman from actual 3v3) but I would be willing to even play with maximum s7 gear (ilvl251/ilvl245/ilvl232) if everyone else did because PvP should be about skill and not gear and trinket procs.

The goal of gear restriction is to:

1) Lower the barrier of entry to PvP on TW for new and veteran players alike.

2) Make it more fair for everyone.

If gear restriction is implemented and after a few months players wanted it removed, I wouldn't object to its removal if that is the will of the playerbase but players here need to give it a chance.

PS: If you want Nyeriah, I will make a "gear restriction suggestion" thread for the final time.

Nyeriah

#13 » Post by Nyeriah » 09 Oct 2020 16:12

I also believe the gear inflation is an issue and I believe the staff is aware of it too. There's no feasible "natural" solution to it as it seems, as the only way to solve it would be to have a large inflow of players, constantly gearing up and creating mostly fair battlegrounds/arenas.

I feel like you're legitimatelly trying to help as best as you can so I feel inclined to say I'd help with this as possible, but I'm no longer a staff member so there's only a limited amount of help I can provide.

I'm just not sure how the community would feel about it. If there's 20 players actively doing PvP, if at least 5 of them dislike it then it's already a lot. It needs to be something that comes from the common agreement. Then you'll also have to convince the management it's a good idea, and the old staff is basically the new staff.

I'd say you got nothing to lose making that new thread. Just try to leave it open for a while and not delete everything or shut it down when the first disagreements arise, because there'll probably be plenty.
― Johnny R. Cash

skyx

#14 » Post by skyx » 09 Oct 2020 18:07

Well, everytime I bring up gear restriction, I receive a lot of unwanted hate for expressing my opinions.
But whatever, I have done it.
Nyeriah wrote:
09 Oct 2020 16:12
If there's 20 players actively doing PvP, if at least 5 of them dislike it then it's already a lot.
I'd rather have 10 new PvP players than keep those 5 BiS geared players happy who can't play without Shadowmourne.