[PW] Foror's Crate of Endless Resist Gear Storage

Elexias

[PW] Foror's Crate of Endless Resist Gear Storage

#1 » Post by Elexias » 14 Jul 2020 21:28

Is it possible to add Foror's Crate of Endless Resist Gear Storage to Vote shop for PW realm as well? I don't see a reason why does Truewow have it and PrimalWoW doesn't, everything is same in those two expansions, on both expansions you have dual-talents available and bags are full of farmable things or food/flasks or pvp sets.

Axis
Senior Game Master

Re: [PW] Foror's Crate of Endless Resist Gear Storage

#2 » Post by Axis » 15 Jul 2020 00:25

In my personal opinion, the requirement should be dropped to level 70 and it should be made available to PW players as well.
However, this isn't up to me. Only administrators can decide this one.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

Elexias

#3 » Post by Elexias » 15 Jul 2020 07:40

Thanks for your answer Axis,
I think that this would bring people again to vote (for those who already have pets/mounts from shop) from PW realm. Voting will hopefully bring us new people.

Doctor_J
Developer

#4 » Post by Doctor_J » 15 Jul 2020 11:02

Well if you must know it took around 5 years for this been made available on Truewow after countless requests for it to be added.
Don't think none of the old staff really wanted to do add this either but was realized people were running out of space and believe came to a choice between adding this or trying to script some form of "void storage".
Adding the bag was the easier action but other restrictions where added (level 80 was nothing to do with me since I never suggested this one.

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#5 » Post by Dymond » 15 Jul 2020 17:45

I do not have a problem with players on PW to be able to purchase the crates either. But again, this is up to the admins.
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

Knewklear
Donor

#6 » Post by Knewklear » 15 Jul 2020 19:39

Unpopular opinion: Having a bag with so much space means more storage of items to sell while farming and/or leveling (and we all know what more gold gets you: faster access to mounts, dual spec, etc.) and more storage of items for crafting which in turn allows for one to obtain better crafted gear faster or potions and/or scrolls, enchants, etc., for better survivability which all in all allows for an easier time.

This same "unpopular opinion" can be said for heirlooms being in the shop. People have the time and the resources to farm the necesarry currency to purchase the heirlooms in-game. We all know for a fact (my assumption, anyway) that the majority of people that have ever purchased heirlooms from the store have done so through donations and not so much voting, hence, pay-to-win. Heirlooms allow the person to level faster, kill faster, live longer, etc.

Elexias

#7 » Post by Elexias » 16 Jul 2020 10:36

I agree, but hey, if someone waists his own time, and spends some time farming, it's his own problem, giving bags that requires 2,5 months of voting per bag to people won't increase their farming potential, some of people never farm, and some farm with this amount of space.

EDIT: PS If you want to sell gear, you can use pet for selling and not go to town, so having more space doesn't really help you :)

appia

#8 » Post by appia » 16 Jul 2020 14:01

+1 for the idea, it will help also players that have been here for long, beginning with vanilla and that have mainly soulbounds items in bank.
Xibra- PVP Ele Sham

Axis
Senior Game Master

#9 » Post by Axis » 16 Jul 2020 14:21

Knewklear wrote:
Most heirlooms are purchased in-game on TW, using emblems.
The very few people who purchase them via the shop are either those who don't already have a level 80 character with emblems to do this or don't have the time/patience to grind to 80 first just to gain access to heirlooms.

There's a major difference between pay-to-win and pay-to-progress.
Pay-to-win stuff grants you access to something that makes a huge difference in player performance for any content (mainly end-game PvE or PvP).
Pay-to-progress simply mean allows players to reach the final level faster (and it's not a lightning speed increase either, just a fractional boost on top of the optional rates).

Actual pay-to-win would involve something like putting Wrathful/Brutal gear, Shadowmourne, or Warglaives on the vote shop (something that I hope we'll never, ever, do).
These items radically alter player performance in both PvP and PvE and therefore would be considered P2W if they were on the shop.

Heirlooms have absolutely zero effect upon end-game content and are, therefore, not pay-to-win items.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

Knewklear
Donor

#10 » Post by Knewklear » 16 Jul 2020 14:44

You know, that's actually the first time I've ever heard of pay-to-progress. It makes more sense than what I put down.

Alright, then. I'm up for the addition of the bags.

Elexias

#11 » Post by Elexias » 22 Jul 2020 07:58

Any news from admins? Just bringing it up so it don't get lost in zillions of posts.

EDIT: Did you add that bag on TrueWoW after people finished all raids and season in PvP? Just curious, if you add it now means people won't be spending on PrimalWoW after WotLK releases their mats to create huge bags which is bad...not sure what to think that is also negative impact.

MerelyASetback
Donor

#12 » Post by MerelyASetback » 22 Jul 2020 11:11

Maybe look into a solution that only allows the crates to be used as bank expansion and limit the amount to 1 or 2 per character?

That way you can expand your bank for your gear collection but not remove the need for Wrath bags or enable farming for days (but with vendor pet, who cares either way?).

A long time ago an implementation of void storage was suggested, a shame this hasn't come to fruition.

Axis
Senior Game Master

#13 » Post by Axis » 22 Jul 2020 11:47

The bag was added on TW years ago, after progression finished there:
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=35577

The limit was removed by community request:
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=39356

We haven't invested time into Void Storage because of the technical obstacles it presents.
Given our limited Development resources, it's safe to say you can forget about it for now.
ImageImageImage

Nyeriah

#14 » Post by Nyeriah » 23 Jul 2020 08:54

Off-topic: the same logic behind the item restoration feature can be used for the void storage - throw items elsewhere where they can retrieve them later. Ehem, throw them into the "void".

Players were actually using it as a workaround for storage issues back in the day. I had to limit the duration of the cache to discourage that.

The very same garantees you get through the restoration process are the ones Blizzard gives for void storage. You get your item back as-is with no enchantments or any modifications. I was quite suprised by how similar the two features actually were.

I didn't bother implementing it back then because I wanted it to look better and I didn't have the front end skills to get an interface done that I could look at and say "hey, that looks neat", like the things Nuko does, for example.
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

Doctor_J
Developer

#15 » Post by Doctor_J » 23 Jul 2020 11:07

Yes but think it’s already been said devs have are currently tied up with more important issues.
I would like to see this too but we currently don’t have dev resources to do this but ye void storage and transmog should work together in that you can transmog an item then dump original in void storage for cost of 10g free to retrieve.
Only soul bound non stackable items should be accepted for void storage and item enhancements are not stored ie when you retrieve no gems or enchants.