Dungeon loot (normal difficulty)

Skidda

Dungeon loot (normal difficulty)

#1 » Post by Skidda » 29 Jun 2020 14:29

Hello,

This topic is mainly adressed to Truewow players.

I have been checking wotlk dungeons and noticed that evey last boss is dropping 2 blue loot on normal mode. This is something that, as far as I'm aware after checking wotlk retail videos, is not blizzlike except for the higher level dungeons (at least Hall of Lightning, Culling of Strathome, Utgarde Pinnacle, Oculus).

I've been reporting this as an issue to be fixed in bugtracker (for some of the bosses concerned at least) but after thinking about it, I thought that maybe we don't actually need to fix this if people were fine with this and accept it as a "custom feature".

Aside from being a very inconsequential change from what would be considered blizzlike (I'm sure most people won't care one bit about this), this is a slight incentive for levelling players to run wotlk dungeons and most of all I don't really see a downside to this "non-change".

I'm asking this since the loot has not been "fixed" yet and wanted to see if the community and staff members would be ok if we kept things as it currently is on Truewow and so that I can cleanly ask the developpement team to ignore my remarks on bugtracker about this subject.

Axis
Senior Game Master

Re: Dungeon loot (normal difficulty)

#2 » Post by Axis » 29 Jun 2020 14:37

Anything that speeds up the gearing process for new players (so they may queue for Random Heroics) is fine by me.
We can leave it as it is.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

andriuspel
Former Staff

Re: Dungeon loot (normal difficulty)

#3 » Post by andriuspel » 18 Aug 2020 00:29

want to note, these loots came together within trinitycore from which our core, databases and rest stuff is based off, most loot can be still same as they were derivered from tc but our staff did lots of loot rework already
A son asked his father (a programmer) why the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west. His response? It works, don’t touch!

Everyone says it's difficult to work with a person while they have a negative attitude or constantly exhibit uncooperative behavior.