Once a player has reached level 80, drastically increase their RDF rewards on alts

Rellac

Once a player has reached level 80, drastically increase their RDF rewards on alts

#1 » Post by Rellac » 16 Mar 2020 18:44

The lack of dungeons pre-endgame is kind of a big issue on the server while population is low imo

New players can get very put off by this and the server honestly seems even lower population than it is when everyone is either in Dalaran or doing level 80 content

I recently started back up again after a few years hiatius and it's immediately the first thing I've noticed levelling alts... it's very lonely, even with 3x xp I'm not the fastest at levelling, I enjoy the scenic route but there's usually more people on the way, it is an MMO afterall.

I stopped trying after a few days of being queued for hours in RDF as I level alts and I've determined there's just no multiplayer content available until end-game... which isn't the best on a multiplayer game

Now, folk do try really hard and will boost people along the way a lot and it's very nice and I do try to offer when I see someone trying to find a low level group.. but it's just not the same and not really why I play an MMO

My suggestion to combat this is that we simply increase the RDF rewards (drastically) for accounts that have at least one level 80 available so that they're more in line with something that would be worth the effort for a level 80 to level an alt for. Perhaps instead of running a few mining rounds or running a few raids, someone might level an alt to level 20 and run SFK a few times. Simply an encouragement to do the lower levelled RDFs without just boosting them repeatedly (it would require access to the RDF)

A character would eventually level out of range after doing enough dungeons, so there is a limited amount of times a dungeon can be run per alt. Keeping this in mind can keep it from being too easily abused... Yet I don't really mind someone profitting a fair amount for keeping the community alive tbh

Let me know what you think I just really like this server and want to see it alive again ^_^

Rellac

Re: Once a player has reached level 80, drastically increase their RDF rewards on alts

#2 » Post by Rellac » 16 Mar 2020 18:45

This would be the sort of thing that can be tuned or removed as the population changes

natnat123
Former Staff

Re: Once a player has reached level 80, drastically increase their RDF rewards on alts

#3 » Post by natnat123 » 16 Mar 2020 20:22

Rellac wrote:
What Kind of rewards did you have in mind?

Rellac

#4 » Post by Rellac » 16 Mar 2020 20:32

natnat123 wrote:
16 Mar 2020 20:22
Rellac wrote:
What Kind of rewards did you have in mind?
I guess most likely it would be better gold rewards, perhaps some tradable level 80 gear/materials. Depends on quite how much we want to get people off high level content to do the lower level content. Bit of balancing and number shifting most likely would be useful for a while, to get the most out of the community

Also, very much dependant on what's possible dev side, perhaps all we can do is extra gold. Perhaps the whole suggestion is moot :P

Edit: thinking on this, I think it would be very useful to have at least one rare pet/mount/cosmetic drop as further encouragement. I heard on discord that you guys were considering a way to allow users to apply racial transmogs to themselves and this could be an ideal vehicle for that if possible to apply from a dropped BoE item

natnat123
Former Staff

#5 » Post by natnat123 » 17 Mar 2020 08:10

although it is possible for us to do it, any kind of level 80 item or mounts dropping is a big no from me.

devil5000

#6 » Post by devil5000 » 17 Mar 2020 15:04

I doubt this would really have any effect since alot of older players already have well over 10 chars at this point and new players have atleast 2-3 chars aswell since its easy to lvl with x3. TW is a server with players that mostly focus on endgame content then lvling (not because lvling isnt fun but since people already lvled too many chars and arent up to lvl more)
Horde Main : Marick
Alliance Main : Anastasiya

Rellac

#7 » Post by Rellac » 17 Mar 2020 18:09

natnat123 wrote:
17 Mar 2020 08:10
although it is possible for us to do it, any kind of level 80 item or mounts dropping is a big no from me.
To be honest, my suggestion isn't really about the specifics like this, I'd assume the specifics are out of my hands and the big men would discuss that if they've decided that the overall idea isn't a bad one. I'm really happy with any kind of boost, even if it's literally just gold.
devil5000 wrote:
17 Mar 2020 15:04
I doubt this would really have any effect since alot of older players already have well over 10 chars at this point and new players have atleast 2-3 chars aswell since its easy to lvl with x3. TW is a server with players that mostly focus on endgame content then lvling (not because lvling isnt fun but since people already lvled too many chars and arent up to lvl more)
I don't know about everyone else, but the fact that the population is very low has led me to create my characters over a couple accounts as sometimes I'll get tired of waiting for that specific instance quest and just boost myself if no one is available to help me

I definitely have the extra character spaces available as the main 10 are spread across accounts and I doubt I'm the only person who has done this

There used to be a very big community on this server that would focus on levelling and I was part of that. The reason everyone focuses on end game content is because of the low population causing everyone to look for familiar ground so that they have someone to play with (everyone stops at 80)

If I could earn, say, 200G from it, I may be tempted to quickly level up an alt to 20 and ask in world chat "LFM RDF 20-30" and people may be tempted to join me for their own 200g. Sometimes the people in these groups will be legitimate new players who are getting to experience the game properly instead of just bearing the grind all the way to 80 before getting to play any multiplayer content and it just makes them significantly more likely to stick around if they can see a community behind the server

If there's some kind of unique rare fun drop here, this would likely be exceptionally popular

I also don't see this as being a huge burden to implement and if it doesn't help we can just continue on our merry way

Axis
Senior Game Master

#8 » Post by Axis » 01 May 2020 20:02

Rejected.
We don't believe this is necessary at this time and it's extra work that would divert us from more important issues.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.