Reputations and Professions rates increase

noce

Reputations and Professions rates increase

#1 » Post by noce » 11 Mar 2020 20:42

hello, i dont know if this has ever been a topic before so dont get angry at me. have you cosidered to increase rates for reputation gains and professions mbe? mbe to follow same rates as exp. i see no reason not to increase it. it can improve gameplay alot. and honestly it is rly redundant to spend soo much hours to get reputations especially on this old game content. im sure we have all done those grinds far too many times before. it will still be a blizz like gameplay but more friendly. we all have alts and to farm all those reputations and professions over and over it is too much imo.

Axis
Senior Game Master

Re: Reputations and Professions rates increase

#2 » Post by Axis » 11 Mar 2020 21:22

I personally wouldn't mind a 2x modifier for reputations.
But be prepared for opposition from players who have worked hard on their reputation grinds for various achievements.

Professions, however, are an entirely different matter.
We have a prototype for an Auction House bot in the works.
If it works properly, it will stock the auction house with all the necessary materials required for leveling professions.
The current issue is the lack of raw materials due to the low population. The bot is intended to alleviate that.

However, speeding up the actual leveling process for professions is something I will not support.

Further feedback requested from our community.
Please include details in your response instead of a +1 or -1.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#3 » Post by Dymond » 11 Mar 2020 21:39

Grinding reputation is time consuming but for achievement hunters, it is a part of the game. Also with the implementation of the ah bot, mats will be available. -1
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

bobsmyname
Donor

#4 » Post by bobsmyname » 12 Mar 2020 03:55

For x2 rep, I'll +1, majority of rep grinds are only completable with dungeons / raids, making them less of a 'grinding for rep' and more of a 'grinding to try to piece a group together'

Proffs can stay x1 imo, esp with the bot coming soon™
Trans Rights

theprinz2

#5 » Post by theprinz2 » 12 Mar 2020 09:30

Keep in mind that, like me, many players came here because they have been looking for a x1 server. There are enough other high-rate servers out there already.

Joh0239

#6 » Post by Joh0239 » 12 Mar 2020 17:32

Big -1 on both professions and reputation. Reputations are easily grinded and those that aren't are meant to be time sinks so it's an achievement.

Professions isn't hard to level at all, and if there soon will be an AH-bot it will become even easier. Changing XP is a completely different thing, but professions should stay x1 and especially reputation aswell.
Mandatory Character List:
Zortax - Fury/Prot
Zortix - Boomkin/Restoration
Zortex - MM
Thepower - Enha/Restoration
Zortux - Prot/Ret
Discbelf - Shadow/Disc
Deathen - Frost/Blood
Oombacca - Restoration/Feral(bear)
Kelbert - Demonology
Froxy - Arcane/Fire

paroliak

#7 » Post by paroliak » 13 Mar 2020 22:04

-1 my views align with Dymond on this. We moving more towards a pve server, and this after gearing up really quickly is the game experience which is left in pve.

noce

#8 » Post by noce » 14 Mar 2020 03:51

again, mbe its just me, but majority of ppl, if not all, on Primal realm are old timers with limited play time. and when u add the fact that, sadly, its rly low populated it makes all things as much harder to do. i find my self often alone online. so farming reps is imposible. and to get that recepie or whatever from some faction is also imposible. i rly do not see anything wrong with x5 or x3 on rep gains. just bcoz when we finaly can do some dung/raid or rep item drop why shouldn't we get more reward from it. its not that its a free given, we would still have to grind it but a bit easily. ty anyway.

natnat123
Former Staff

#9 » Post by natnat123 » 14 Mar 2020 06:38

Joh0239 wrote:
12 Mar 2020 17:32
Big -1 on both professions and reputation. Reputations are easily grinded and those that aren't are meant to be time sinks so it's an achievement.

Professions isn't hard to level at all, and if there soon will be an AH-bot it will become even easier. Changing XP is a completely different thing, but professions should stay x1 and especially reputation aswell.
^^
This is pretty much how I feel about it too, with the Ah bot, it will be a hell of a lot easier to level crafts, for reputation, I also don't think it's very hard to farm rep anyway.

Doctor_J
Developer

#10 » Post by Doctor_J » 14 Mar 2020 10:27

And some of the reputations are meant to be hard and expensive to raise insane achievement is not called such for no rrason

Dreadnought101

#11 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 14 Mar 2020 18:06

Hi there, a 2x in my opinion for reputation is somewhat to extreme and prefere 1.5x rates, as some quests that give you a massive chunk of reputation (sons of hodir and brood of Nozdormu comes to mind) and defeats the purpose of dailies afterwards. It also defeats grinding other required/optional reputations and shows the difference between the person that is prepared and playing the game, and the one that is not.
It also just makes the grind to easy. However 1x is quite difficult especially for alts and players that don't play as often and I would not mind 1.5x rates.

2x professions is totally fine In my view. Since what separates a prepared profession player and one that is not is by the recipes they have, not that they are maxed 400/400 and the grind is just a slog.

And this isn't coming from someone who just 'doesn't want to do the grind like everyone else'. I've dun these grinds, I'm in the top 10 achievement list and I don't mind seeing other players having it lighter, and I think overall it would be better for server health, especially if we get a new surge of players going into wrath content, as seen with large scale servers like sunwell also implement increased reputation/profession rates, it is starting to be popular with the mainstream community.
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

Dinochicken

#12 » Post by Dinochicken » 05 Apr 2020 08:17

Are you guys planning on an increase for reputation and professions? 1x is kind of brutal and I don't want to go through the grind again, especially since transfers from other realms do not seem to transfer rep and professions

Axis
Senior Game Master

#13 » Post by Axis » 05 Apr 2020 08:21

This is still under deliberation. We've just had our hands full lately with stability and other concerns.
Don't worry. Players will be informed once we've made a decision.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

slickmetal

#14 » Post by slickmetal » 12 Apr 2020 12:29

I would vote for a modifier for rep, here's why:

1. We do not have the population at this point to consistently use the random dungeon finder in order to get more rep, where running certain dungeons is practically the only way to get to exalted.

2. Lower population = lower chance of seeing rep items on AH

Some ideas:

1. Run x2 modified rep weekends, as they do for honor in PVP - user must enable modifier and it will only work for a weekend - or a global buff

2. Random drop for rep buff/modifier - especially since we don't have items from the newer Darkmoon Faire

Axis
Senior Game Master

#15 » Post by Axis » 01 May 2020 20:07

Rejected.
The AH Bot will take care of the material shortage issue for professions.
The reputation increase is a no go. It's unfair to reputation grinders.
ImageImageImage