Artificially boosting the Auction House?

theprinz2

Artificially boosting the Auction House?

#1 » Post by theprinz2 » 28 May 2019 19:13

I sometimes sell low level crafting materials or gear on the auction house on Primal and everytime that stuff sells like hot cakes. Vanilla crafting materials and other lower level stuff seem to be highly demanded still (despite the population) if sold for reasonable prices. A well-stocked auction house might be one thing new players are looking for on a new server.

Now i don't have the time to farm stacks of wool cloth and silverleaf all day, so i wondered if it might be a good idea to have a GM Account conjure up a load of low level materials and fill up the auction house with that to make it look more lively.

We would have to talk about
1. whether that's a good idea at all
2. what prices
3. which items

theprinz2

Re: Artificially boosting the Auction House?

#2 » Post by theprinz2 » 28 May 2019 19:21

Thoughts i managed to come up with so far:

Pros:
Might keep new players attracted because despite the low Pop they have a reasonably priced supply of materials.

Cons:
Might boost high level players with many alts and loads of gold even further
Muxa might just buy it all and sell it again for 999 gold...

Axis
Senior Game Master

#3 » Post by Axis » 29 May 2019 09:55

This was supposed to address this issue, but nothing became of it due to lack of devs and/or time:
https://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=36741

In short, a bot that buys up goods from players and sells materials back to them (I believe).
Something went wrong with it and it flooded the market with things it shouldn't have.
So, it was scrapped since nobody had the time to work on it and there were more pressing issues at the time (and still are).

Can't promise anything at the moment since we're busy with ZA release (almost any day now) and current bug reports.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

theprinz2

#4 » Post by theprinz2 » 29 May 2019 13:59

Ah, so there is the thread i have been looking for and couldn't find it :D

If there really is a finished and properly working Bot out there to do that job, that'd be great of course. However, if there is interest i can spend an hour a day or so putting up auctions myself. All i need was a GM account and the respective GM commands. I don't think buying off anyone on the AH is needed atm.

Axis
Senior Game Master

#5 » Post by Axis » 31 May 2019 00:27

theprinz2 wrote:
29 May 2019 13:59
Ah, so there is the thread i have been looking for and couldn't find it :D

If there really is a finished and properly working Bot out there to do that job, that'd be great of course. However, if there is interest i can spend an hour a day or so putting up auctions myself. All i need was a GM account and the respective GM commands. I don't think buying off anyone on the AH is needed atm.
As I said above, there isn't a finished and properly working bot at the moment and I doubt there will be one anytime soon.
Most of the efforts were abandoned to give priority to more important issues.

Granting GM powers to players for the sole purpose of conjuring up materials to put on sale is out of the question.
Players are, however, free to make the time to farm those materials and put them up for sale themselves.
Even now, several players altruistically do this on both realms.
Just get in touch in-game with respective ones for your realm and tell them what's needed.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

Axis
Senior Game Master

#6 » Post by Axis » 31 May 2019 18:25

Having discussed this with Natnat, we've decided to reject this.
Thank you for the suggestion.
Regards.
ImageImageImage