Transmog suggestion

Dude

Transmog suggestion

#1 » Post by Dude » 13 May 2019 15:28

Hey hey,

I know many will not like this and I think i have posted something similar before, but can't find the thread in any section. So I'll make a new attempt.

Motivation: Some of us like transmog, some of us hate it. And that's fine. There is the option for any player to enable or disable the feature which is actually great! Those who are into it are my target group. Many put a lot of effort into exquisite styles and it's a great pastime to search through old content and dungeons for that one piece of armor or weapon that matches what you're looking for.

A little history lesson: There was a brief period of time some 1-1.5 years ago, where due to a bug the armor restrictions of transmogs where disabled. At least downward, which meant you could as a plate user transmog into cloth for example. I am uncertain if it was possible in the other direction. However, the possibility got fixed but luckily transmogs aquired during the time stayed active. Thus I am able to still run around with a fancy red turban (and people seem to like it).

Suggestion: By now it might be quite clear what I am shooting for. It is not actually removing all transmog restrictions. Because I get that people don't want warriors running around in pink dresses, while mages sport the heaviest metal armor (although i would personally be very fine with it and love to see some battlemages around).
However, I think that espcially headpieces (and to some degree shoulders aswell) play a superior role in transmog outfits. One reason is their very different behaviour on obstructing face, hair, beard, etc.
For that very reason, I suggest to remove armor restrictions from headgear transmogs only! For the sake of style!

I would still be totally open to a completely restriction free system, but probably can't argue for that.

Leave your comments, have a great day, praise the sun

Ulf

PS: Sadly I seem to dumb to add a poll to this

Regent
Tester

Re: Transmog suggestion

#2 » Post by Regent » 13 May 2019 17:40

It's fine the way it is. The restrictions exist for a reason.
Removing the restriction from one slot basically means allowing more and more unnecessary changes to a system that isn't broken to begin with.
And the last time someone tried to allow more things, like white (common) items, it broke the whole mog system and a revert became necessary to fix it (if you use the search function, it's easy to find posts about it).

Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

Dude

#3 » Post by Dude » 13 May 2019 17:53

Regent wrote:
13 May 2019 17:40
It's fine the way it is. The restrictions exist for a reason.
Removing the restriction from one slot basically means allowing more and more unnecessary changes to a system that isn't broken to begin with.
And the last time someone tried to allow more things, like white (common) items, it broke the whole mog system and a revert became necessary to fix it (if you use the search function, it's easy to find posts about it).

You're right in the point that ofcourse no changes are needed to a system that is not needed in the first place. But it is there, custom made and well designed. So why not make the best out of it?

I am not suggesting to remove quality restrictions on transmog, that are indeed there for a reason. There are many white quiality items that have never been intended to be used as transmog.
However, even that point of your's is not thought well through since the restriction to legendary items has been lifted aswell. I will hold back any comment on the target audience.
The fact that there already was a period of time where even more freedom than I suggested adding was working perfectly fine (though not intended) and the fact that no items will be added or remved from the list of available transmogs just plainly proves you wrong.
What I suggested is merely in line with allowing transmog of different weapon types into a preferred style.

However, appreciate your feedback to clear these things up <3

Regent
Tester

#4 » Post by Regent » 13 May 2019 18:06

You're talking about allowing items in the head-slot to be mogged into anything regardless of whether it's cloth, leather, mail or plate (which in turn gives people an excuse to roll on items that solely belong to other classes during mog runs).

This is not the same as allowing a category of weapons to be actually mogged (since legendaries couldn't be mogged at all before and everyone and their mother walked around with a giant blue spoon on their plate characters).

How you're drawing similarities between these and calling the post as not being thought out is beyond me.
Rest in Peace,
Sarah Melody Jones.
May 20, 1989 - May 12, 2018.
Beloved Girlfriend & Mother-To-Be.
When I close my eyes, I see you.
When I open my eyes, I miss you.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Regent- - - - - - - - -Regentt- - - - - - - - -Regennt- - - - - - - - -Regency

Dude

#5 » Post by Dude » 13 May 2019 18:31

Regent wrote:
13 May 2019 18:06
You're talking about allowing items in the head-slot to be mogged into anything regardless of whether it's cloth, leather, mail or plate (which in turn gives people an excuse to roll on items that solely belong to other classes during mog runs).

This is not the same as allowing a category of weapons to be actually mogged (since legendaries couldn't be mogged at all before and everyone and their mother walked around with a giant blue spoon on their plate characters).

How you're drawing similarities between these and calling the post as not being thought out is beyond me.
Don't get me wrong, I would like to keep this a productive argument. So what I wanted to do is just point you to realizing that your objections are lacking relevance.
You mentioned white items messing up the system. That's not the point. And still that would be analouge to allowing legendary transmogs. But you saw yourself, this is not relevenat to the discussion.
Further I mentioned being in line with weapon type transmog. Which is the analogon to armor type. I don't see any problem there. Please clarify.
While aiming for a feature anyone might like and benefit from, I indeed missed something though. Allowing plate transmog to cloth wearers bypasses the restriction, that you'd have to be able to wear the piece you want to mog into. Pardon me. This might or might not be a major issue.

If you just dislike the idea, say so. But if you argument, I will join. That's the point, not?

mihaumihau

#6 » Post by mihaumihau » 25 May 2019 16:45

I'm totally agreeing, I think the possibility to mog my Leather armor into some cloth would be awesome. I got some fancy cloth shoulders that fit my mog 100%, and now i can't mog my new leather shoulderpieces and it looks just bad. There are no really any leather piece that could fit my mog...

I'm not for disabling all the restrictions, but just some, headpiece and shoulders may be the slots that are armor-class restriction free imo.

+1

Axis
Senior Game Master

#7 » Post by Axis » 31 May 2019 18:23

Having discussed this with Natnat, we've decided to reject this.
Thank you for the suggestion.
Regards.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.