X-server RDF

Nymesis
Donor

X-server RDF

#1 » Post by Nymesis » 11 Apr 2019 08:19

Cross-server Random Dungeon Finder - this did exist on retail (still does as far as i know). I'm aware it wasn't there in BC days, but that aside - as both realms are technically 3.3.5 patched, it seems that setting up X-server RDF should be possible. This could help significantly with our population troubles. I know the RDF already blocks a player from the BC que if they hit level 71, so this should prevent most concerns over unfair advantages from a TW side character. Also, if there is a concern about trading WotLK items to a BC character, trades of anything but BoP drops from the dungeon could probably be disabled somehow. If I recall correctly, it wasn't possible to trade anything to other groupmates inside a cross-server dungeon besides temporary items, like mage food or healthstones, and the BoP's from the dungeon.
“If you suffer your people to be ill-educated, their manners corrupted from birth; then punish them for those crimes which their first education disposed them, then what else is to be concluded, but that you first make thieves and then punish them.”

Relina

Re: X-server RDF

#2 » Post by Relina » 12 Apr 2019 00:38

A good idea, but IDK if any of the current devs would be able to get this up & running in any decent amount of time to make it worth the effort.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Nyeriah

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 12 Apr 2019 01:23

It’s impossible, the amounts of re-engineering required to make it work are overwhelming. Trinity gave up on that long ago for that matter, it just wasn’t designed with supporting this in mind
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

Axis
Senior Game Master

#4 » Post by Axis » 12 Apr 2019 03:55

Cross-realm activities (such as Arenas, RBGs and RDFs) are Blizzlike and quite appealing.
However, the colossal amount of time and effort involved to design and implement such a feature makes it a pipe dream for now.
Unless we import the code required to make this work (which we can't and/or most likely won't), we'd have to build this from the ground up, in-house. Next comes alpha testing, then public beta testing and finally - release (and maintenance thereafter).
Unfortunately, we simply do not have the resources to pull that off at this time.

Rejected.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.