Downscaling of 25man raids

pinocola

Re: Downscaling of 25man raids

#16 » Post by pinocola » 24 Feb 2019 18:45

+1 on rebalancing T5 and T6 as 10 mans.

I don't know if it would be possible to extend the 10/25 man toggle to TBC content but it should be possible to just drop the instance limit to 10 and nerf boss hp and damage accordingly, then look at particular problem mechanics like fights bloodboil's bloodboils and the various fights that require 3+ tanks. I'm sure it's quite a lot of work but at this point none of the guilds left on primal have the numbers to kill T5 end bosses, let alone gear up and progress in T6.

As 10 mans, it'd be a lot easier for people to raid successfully which should reduce the number of people quitting due to having no raids at level cap.

bobsmyname
Donor

#17 » Post by bobsmyname » 25 Feb 2019 00:20

pinocola wrote:
24 Feb 2019 18:45
+1 on rebalancing T5 and T6 as 10 mans.

I don't know if it would be possible to extend the 10/25 man toggle to TBC content but it should be possible to just drop the instance limit to 10 and nerf boss hp and damage accordingly, then look at particular problem mechanics like fights bloodboil's bloodboils and the various fights that require 3+ tanks. I'm sure it's quite a lot of work but at this point none of the guilds left on primal have the numbers to kill T5 end bosses, let alone gear up and progress in T6.

As 10 mans, it'd be a lot easier for people to raid successfully which should reduce the number of people quitting due to having no raids at level cap.
+1, just if you do this (which at this point you should), please also nerf the loot drops to the ammount kara bosses drop (2-3)
Trans Rights

Bobins

#18 » Post by Bobins » 03 Mar 2019 20:21

The population problem (IMO) is largely due to the trying to pull off being "Blizzlike" when its anything but.

If you want to grow the population right now, you need to sell this server for what it is; a custom server. Make the changes or languish. Only when you release this is a 3.3.5 experience can you hope to begin to compete with the other private services out there. Like I said a long time ago, you will continue to hemorrhage players (and now entire guilds) until you make changes that players out there are looking for.

1. Change.
2. Keep it as it is and hope for the best when WotLK launches.

andriuspel
Former Staff

#19 » Post by andriuspel » 31 Mar 2019 00:43

i won't support this. -1.
People thinks, that if its low pop, they can abuse, ignore rules and etc... You can fix only by your own side without our interaction and simple - invite friends, call old players and problem will get fixed.
Anyways, play and enjoy content as it is now. I'll repeat, i won;t support this.
A son asked his father (a programmer) why the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west. His response? It works, don’t touch!

Everyone says it's difficult to work with a person while they have a negative attitude or constantly exhibit uncooperative behavior.

Imagine
Donor

#20 » Post by Imagine » 31 Mar 2019 09:48

-1 (dont start bitching)

Dreadnought101

#21 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 31 Mar 2019 22:49

Bobins wrote:
03 Mar 2019 20:21
The population problem (IMO) is largely due to the trying to pull off being "Blizzlike" when its anything but.

If you want to grow the population right now, you need to sell this server for what it is; a custom server. Make the changes or languish. Only when you release this is a 3.3.5 experience can you hope to begin to compete with the other private services out there. Like I said a long time ago, you will continue to hemorrhage players (and now entire guilds) until you make changes that players out there are looking for.

1. Change.
2. Keep it as it is and hope for the best when WotLK launches.
The reason for hemorrhaging of players has nothing to do with what the intention/idea of the server. It has to do with mismanagement, slow pace of content releases, infamous GM abuse from the past (current GMs seem fine), and instability in the server.

Just recently the Auction House was down for DAYS, that would not fly on any server with 1000+ population.
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

Bloodshade

#22 » Post by Bloodshade » 01 Apr 2019 19:03

Dreadnought101 wrote:
31 Mar 2019 22:49

The reason for hemorrhaging of players has nothing to do with what the intention/idea of the server. It has to do with mismanagement, slow pace of content releases, infamous GM abuse from the past (current GMs seem fine), and instability in the server.

Just recently the Auction House was down for DAYS, that would not fly on any server with 1000+ population.
Um boyo, have you played retail? The auction house there is a fucking shitshow, takes 2 minutes to load a page. People still use it
- - -Wrathful chiken - - - - - Salty chiken - - -
ImageImageImageImage

Axis
Senior Game Master

#23 » Post by Axis » 31 May 2019 18:34

Nerfs will probably come as soon as Natnat can find the time, but custom downscaling is out of the question.
Moving to pending along with the Karazhan suggestion:https://truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=39544
Regards.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.