Making Items Stackable at Greater Capacity

Moolina

Making Items Stackable at Greater Capacity

#1 » Post by Moolina » 19 Nov 2018 23:33

I think it would be great if we could have items stack up higher than they are currently allowed. I know in future patches on retail, there was the capability of this, so not sure how easy it is to fix. But here are some examples of items that could stack up greater than 20 (or in some cases 5):

Herbs
Ore
Enchanting Mats (Dust/shards/crystals)
Leatherworking Mats (leather/hides/scales)
Cauldrons (these currently only stack to 5)
Cloth
Uncooked meats & uncooked fish
Hearts of Darkness
Primals / Elementals
Reagents

Feel free to add to this list below. Thoughts?

- Moo

Dreadnought101

Re: Making Items Stackable at Greater Capacity

#2 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 19 Nov 2018 23:56

No. You have enough bag space to make multiple runs around the map before returning to your bank, and this also allows guild banks to stack insane amounts of materials and not need to spend gold for additional bank tabs. The system is fine as is and sometimes quality of life kind of destroys the RPG aspect of WoW that made so many players hate what current world of warcraft is like.
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

Moolina

#3 » Post by Moolina » 20 Nov 2018 00:43

Dreadnought101 wrote:
19 Nov 2018 23:56
No. You have enough bag space to make multiple runs around the map before returning to your bank, and this also allows guild banks to stack insane amounts of materials and not need to spend gold for additional bank tabs. The system is fine as is and sometimes quality of life kind of destroys the RPG aspect of WoW that made so many players hate what current world of warcraft is like.
Speak for yourself on bag space. I have 3 sets of gear, 2 types of reagents, 3-4 types of flasks due to flipping specs in raids, utility items (hearthstone, fishing pole, 2 types of potions, health/mana regen food, buff food), and a ton more in my bags. I never can make it multiple runs around a map lol.

Also, it's about utility - this server is super small. A lot of the items we have in our guild bank alone would serve well to be stackable higher. This is even with having as many bank tabs as we have. It's all about making it a better gaming experience.

Dreadnought101

#4 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 20 Nov 2018 01:38

Moolina wrote:
20 Nov 2018 00:43
Dreadnought101 wrote:
19 Nov 2018 23:56
Speak for yourself on bag space. I have 3 sets of gear, 2 types of reagents, 3-4 types of flasks due to flipping specs in raids, utility items (hearthstone, fishing pole, 2 types of potions, health/mana regen food, buff food), and a ton more in my bags. I never can make it multiple runs around a map lol.
Um, just put that gear into your bank when you go out and farm, and you equip special farm bags that are up to like 30 slots now.
Also, it's about utility - this server is super small. A lot of the items we have in our guild bank alone would serve well to be stackable higher. This is even with having as many bank tabs as we have. It's all about making it a better gaming experience.
And the server gets even smaller as new players are coming in for a 'wrath' experience with the already excellent amount of QoL changes added, otherwise they would hop to a cataclysm server for the 200 stack bonus. This could very easily be perceived by new players as a 'funserver' with that addition and be turned off by it.
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

charlie

#5 » Post by charlie » 20 Nov 2018 03:43

i vote yes for this as long as items dont stack to crazy numbers maybe just x2 or x3 from what it is now ... far as buying more bank tabs gos... if u need more room just make a alt buy a full set of even 16 slot bags and u now have a new bank tab for far les gold

natnat123
Former Staff

#6 » Post by natnat123 » 20 Nov 2018 04:15

im pretty much of the same opinion as above ^ i wouldnt mind changing the 5 stack limit to 20, and the 20 stack limit to 40. but i would rather not go any higher than that. it would only be a select list of items and not too many as well.
Edit: i would actually be ok with changing Buff reagents to 80 or something around that.

zackforester

#7 » Post by zackforester » 20 Nov 2018 04:19

I agree with this post. Can we get void storage too?

Edit: FYI, here are my bags. I have all 20 slots except for 2 Imbued Netherweave. There are no "multiple runs".

Moolina

#8 » Post by Moolina » 20 Nov 2018 05:00

I am not saying everything needs to stack to 200 like in retail, but a little more than what we have is great.

Natnat I love the idea of smaller stack sizes but bigger than what we have. The 5>20, 20>40, etc seems like a reasonable in between.

Benedictus
Senior Game Master

#9 » Post by Benedictus » 20 Nov 2018 12:37

I think 20 is high enough. But I think the items that stack to 5 or 10 can be changed to 20 but nothing higher than that.

+1 on changing 5 and 10 limit to 20.
-1 on changing 20 to 40.

Moolina

#10 » Post by Moolina » 20 Nov 2018 18:51

Also, regarding reagents that are for buffs, they are so inconsistent. Symbols of Kings stack to 100. Yet the thornroot that I need to cast my buff only stacks to 20.

It would be nice to have those fixed.

Bloodshade

#11 » Post by Bloodshade » 20 Nov 2018 20:31

Stop making bullshit requests omfg, this absolutely unnecessary. If you got THAT MUCH MATS then you can make a bank toon(s) or if you are full of toons you most surely have the gold to get a private guild vault. Also Zack no one is making u carry all that useless gear in your backpack, you have so many event gear you don't need, that you can just destroy and so much low level gear you probably wont ever use/mog.

About the Reagents I'd say ok I guess, but everything else hard -1
- - -Wrathful chiken - - - - - Salty chiken - - -
ImageImageImageImage

siempjj
Donor

#12 » Post by siempjj » 20 Nov 2018 21:10

tbh I don't really like this change either. I thought one of the goals of this server was to be as blizzlike as possible but it's becoming more and more custom.

Axis
Senior Game Master

#13 » Post by Axis » 20 Nov 2018 21:32

Benedictus wrote:
20 Nov 2018 12:37
I think 20 is high enough. But I think the items that stack to 5 or 10 can be changed to 20 but nothing higher than that.

+1 on changing 5 and 10 limit to 20.
-1 on changing 20 to 40.
Agreed.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

Relina

#14 » Post by Relina » 20 Nov 2018 23:55

Rather than doing all these changes if we let players on primal buy the 36 slot bags that players on the truewow realm have access to it would be a much better solution for storage issues
Since players would end up with ~ 4x16 to 11x16 extra slots, if they could get multiple 36 slot bags.

Also since the 36 slot bag is only available via the website shop, it would encourage voting or donating to buy them from the players who can't live without the extra storage space.

As for those who like to hoard crafting mats, just create a 2nd,3rd or more accounts and fill those accounts with bank guilds it wouldn't cost too much to open up only 1 or 2 tabs per guild.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

zackforester

#15 » Post by zackforester » 21 Nov 2018 00:00

siempjj wrote:
20 Nov 2018 21:10
tbh I don't really like this change either. I thought one of the goals of this server was to be as blizzlike as possible but it's becoming more and more custom.
There's never been a private server in existence that was 100% Blizzlike.