Release New Primal Vanilla realm

kurthos

Release New Primal Vanilla realm

#1 » Post by kurthos » 28 Aug 2018 00:57

PrimalWoW TBC is great and it has a great community. I think the development team and staff have done a great job so far with this expansion, but I think its a shame that all of the time and effort that was put into vanilla has been put on the backburner. Many players loved PrimalWoW's vanilla stage and would love to give it another go.

I have tried so many other realms and communities, but I just come back to TrueWoW. I know its the place where I can always call home, but I am at a loss. My main joy in WoW is 40 man raiding and I cannot do this on PrimalWoW as I used to be able to.

I propose that the TrueWoW team open a new Vanilla 3.3.5 realm using all of the work that was put forth over the past four years to give players a place to experience vanilla again. Primal Vanilla was a really unique experience and it really captured something that no 1.12.1 realm ever has.

Main Benefits to the TrueWoW community -
  • Bring back a players who are interested in the vanilla phase of the game.
  • Give players a new reason to visit the TrueWoW community, possibly for the first time.
  • Opening a new realm would result in a burst of donation income similar to the original Primal Launch.
  • The new realm could be opened with all raiding content available upon release in a working state meaning developers wouldn't have to do much after the main launch of the realm. It wouldn't draw much development time away from PrimalTBC/TrueWoW.
  • You could leave the new vanilla realm permanently on vanilla. Players could transfer from the new Vanilla realm to TBC once they decide they want to move on to the new expansion.
Here are some testimonials from popular and well known figures in the PrimalWoW community about the idea of a new Vanilla realm from the TrueWoW team:

I am so deprived of the game I love that I am up at 8 AM writing this post because I want to beg you to please open this realm for the sake of everyone who has loved your vanilla realms since 2015.

- The Kurthos

kurthos

Re: Release New Primal Vanilla realm

#2 » Post by kurthos » 28 Aug 2018 01:03

adolphjlj123

#3 » Post by adolphjlj123 » 28 Aug 2018 01:12

+1

kurthos

#4 » Post by kurthos » 28 Aug 2018 01:12

natnat123
Former Staff

#5 » Post by natnat123 » 28 Aug 2018 01:18

As shown above, this is something i would love to see if we can handle it, as also said above. it shouldnt be too much work, infact. it will be alot less work than the original primal vanilla was. because alot of things where fixed throughout that time.

Owewoae

#6 » Post by Owewoae » 28 Aug 2018 01:23

kurthos wrote:
28 Aug 2018 00:57
PrimalWoW TBC is great and it has a great community. I think the development team and staff have done a great job so far with this expansion, but I think its a shame that all of the time and effort that was put into vanilla has been put on the backburner. Many players loved PrimalWoW's vanilla stage and would love to give it another go.

I have tried so many other realms and communities, but I just come back to TrueWoW. I know its the place where I can always call home, but I am at a loss. My main joy in WoW is 40 man raiding and I cannot do this on PrimalWoW as I used to be able to.

I propose that the TrueWoW team open a new Vanilla 3.3.5 realm using all of the work that was put forth over the past four years to give players a place to experience vanilla again. Primal Vanilla was a really unique experience and it really captured something that no 1.12.1 realm ever has.

Main Benefits to the TrueWoW community -
  • Bring back a players who are interested in the vanilla phase of the game.
  • Give players a new reason to visit the TrueWoW community, possibly for the first time.
  • Opening a new realm would result in a burst of donation income similar to the original Primal Launch.
  • The new realm could be opened with all raiding content available upon release in a working state meaning developers wouldn't have to do much after the main launch of the realm. It wouldn't draw much development time away from PrimalTBC/TrueWoW.
  • You could leave the new vanilla realm permanently on vanilla. Players could transfer from the new Vanilla realm to TBC once they decide they want to move on to the new expansion.
Here are some testimonials from popular and well known figures in the PrimalWoW community about the idea of a new Vanilla realm from the TrueWoW team:

I am so deprived of the game I love that I am up at 8 AM writing this post because I want to beg you to please open this realm for the sake of everyone who has loved your vanilla realms since 2015.

- The Kurthos
+1

Kekvelash

#7 » Post by Kekvelash » 28 Aug 2018 01:24

Hello Roel, its been a while since I last posted anything here. A little over 3 years ago I joined Primal-WoW just before Dodgy's videos. The server alltogether had around maybe 15 people in total, however for the first time I didn't mind at all the low population because 1, the scripting was great 2, the community even though it had its cringelords, was pretty cool most of the time. So I stayed on Primal, got realm first MC, became the best dpser on the whole server, and got into the best ever guild that has ever existed on the server, <Maple Syrup>- Even though the server had its flaws, like shadow priests and affliction warlocks dealing gay damage, I still remained on the server because I loved to play there. Even after I quit I still had several short comebacks, because I really really really enjoyed playing on the server. However something changed when TBC came out, I rerolled several characters, got them to 70 but I still could not enjoy the server as I did back in vanilla, so for more than a year now, I have not even logged in on any of my characters because whats the point. Thats where Kurthos's idea comes into effect, a vanilla re-release would not only bring me and my people back to the server, most of them oldies but several of them fresh bloods who desperately want to try the server out, thanks to our stories, but it would most certainly bring a large group of people that either 1, played on Primal Vanilla (ex. <Maple Syrup>), or that have played on other wotlk 60 projects that have failed. Mr Roel, Primal-WoW was and still is the only server of its kind that have not failed, please don't let that fact be wasted and playe rerelease the server, or create another realm which is catering for its base,whoch is as you can see is quite big.

-Zsombee the one and only Zsman

kurthos

#8 » Post by kurthos » 28 Aug 2018 01:27

lwnickyp

#9 » Post by lwnickyp » 28 Aug 2018 01:31

+1

kurthos

#10 » Post by kurthos » 28 Aug 2018 01:34

Botmaster5
Donor

#11 » Post by Botmaster5 » 28 Aug 2018 01:49

+ :tick:
<Exalted Reputation> Femsham
Shaman Badass - Shaman Gear

Dunkelstein

#12 » Post by Dunkelstein » 28 Aug 2018 02:05

The team right now looks pretty stretched but if any dev comes out of the shadows and wants to pick it up, why not, it's up to them. Not all of the content was ever in a working state at any one time, though. It's not a small task imo and someone who worked on the vanilla phase before would really have to dedicate themselves to this.

I'll race to 60 on an alt hunter if it pops off, but not quitting main TBC halfway through. Would have left for good a long time ago if I wanted a restart.

The vanilla fatigue is real tho, hf in MC without me.

good luck
Aka Funkelstein

zetnex

#13 » Post by zetnex » 28 Aug 2018 02:28

Just, yes, fuck yes

+

dablabay

#14 » Post by dablabay » 28 Aug 2018 02:41

how about truewow goes to vanilla and primal keeps his way to wrath?

natnat123
Former Staff

#15 » Post by natnat123 » 28 Aug 2018 03:03

dablabay wrote:
28 Aug 2018 02:41
how about truewow goes to vanilla and primal keeps his way to wrath?
This is talking about adding a new vanilla phase realm, not changing primal back to vanilla