loveable

Re: Release New Primal Vanilla realm

#61 » Post by loveable » 30 Aug 2018 06:51

Regent wrote:
29 Aug 2018 14:04
man , idk why do you argue with these ppl :lol: :lol:
bakiss wrote:
29 Aug 2018 18:01
I actually think opening new servers is a good thing, open them all the time in fact, if you can save database on every patch would be great, people want refreshing stuff, they don't want to play the same thing over and over again, which is why retail works so well, every 1-2 years something new comes along. I don't know if its the right timing for that tho.
New is always better :P
bakiz je smece vunena guzica :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return Stormn , everything will be fine :lol: Win & Win
Beating Everything In WoW -> Ghost <-
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = RBG
Get Rekt , Get Rekt , Get Rekt = Not RBG

zackforester

#62 » Post by zackforester » 30 Aug 2018 10:13

This would kill PrimalWoW.

loveable

#63 » Post by loveable » 30 Aug 2018 17:32

zackforester wrote:
30 Aug 2018 10:13
This would kill PrimalWoW.
i hope so :lol: :lol: :lol:

cts17

#64 » Post by cts17 » 30 Aug 2018 18:40

Lighthammer here: I very much enjoyed the vanilla phase, albeit joining a little later than others (I think I was leveling up during BWL 'progression'). I found searching for new items to win and talent trees to flesh out fascinating, especially as an aspiring tankadin. I would 100% welcome a new Vanilla realm.

I think the solution is simple: if there are truly people that are interested in coming to a vanilla realm, there must also be at least one with developer capabilities. If someone like Kurthos, who has a particularly vested interest in making this new realm a reality, is able to find someone willing to work particularly on vanilla content while he handles the database, then let them handle that. Any fixes they make can be pushed to the Primal and Truewow servers anyway, which will help us be able to get our T1-T3 transmog items :)

As it stands, both existing servers are in incredibly sorry states. I wish there was something I could do personally, but life happens. Perhaps in the event I step down as being an officer in my guild, I may find time to help give back to the community on the technical side of things, but until then my contributions to the servers are limited to the social aspects of managing a guild and helping new players on the Primal realm.

Ravenseeker
Former Staff

#65 » Post by Ravenseeker » 30 Aug 2018 18:42

I'm going to have to remind everyone to keep a sober tone. You are all entitled to your opinions, but don't let this turn into a mud-wrestling pit.

Nuko
Former Staff

#66 » Post by Nuko » 30 Aug 2018 19:54

Okay people, since there's a lot of confusion here I'm going to drop some facts for you all:
  1. Opening a third realm is not feasible for us right now, we do not have the resources.
  2. Dev work has indeed slowed due to a lot of us being called away by this thing called "life" presently.
  3. TW has not been neglected, work is slow, but that's the case for both realms right now. (see "life")
  4. The most significant things to fix on TW are large projects that require one or more devs to be solely focused on them for extended periods of time as well as a fair bit of ground-work. Given that we're volunteers and can't dedicate ourselves 24/7 to dev work here, fixing these is a slow process that involves a lot of small updates, most of which will pass by un-noticed by players, but are none-the-less necessary. These are also easily interrupted by having to pass the work from one dev to another.
  5. Apparently some people are not aware that we are a small group of volunteers, not a 20-strong professional development team in your personal employ.
  6. Not being able to release fixes as fast as we would like to TW due to a lack of man-power is not bias.
  7. Not being able to release fixes as fast as you would like to TW due to a lack of man-power is not bias.
  8. Bias requires there to be some sort of prejudice influencing the decision. For example, not wanting to work on TW because you've unfairly stereotyped all TW players as self-entitled and toxic. That would be bias.
  9. Our decisions on what to focus on are dispassionate, objectively based on what actually can be achieved with our current man-power and what is most urgent. Sometimes that means focussing on smaller, seemingly less-significant fixes that we can actually achieve in times of dev inactivity, other times that means focussing more on PW because it has an upcoming content release, and other times that means focusing on TW fixes. In the best of times that means being able to have someone focused on each. In times like right now, it means prioritising and using our resources wisely.
  10. Overall message: we do our best, we are limited by the circumstances of each day but we still try. In fact, we put in more time than we really should, often skipping sleep and work to try and get things done. Therefore, I would suggest the return of high-horses back to their stables.
Nuko - In the event of malfunction, please insert tea.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Andromelech
Former Staff

#67 » Post by Andromelech » 30 Aug 2018 20:47

Since our dear Master Quartermaster had so graciously laid the cards on the table i will follow in his footsteps :
1. I am against a third realm at the moment be it vanilla or ( insert expansion name here )
2. As nuko says we are in the process of refixing TW from ground up : examples :--->> ( Plains of Nassam quest Borean Tundra ) - nearly 95% blizzlike .
3. Lack of man power & life cocktail means that we aren't able to focus as much as we would want on fixing things you deem important or test other things etc ... the progress is slow since we first need to fix IRL so we could afford to start fixing GAME.
4. I & the team never loosed hope with TW project and despite some views that you mentioned Regent ... i personally and i can speak for many others in the team ( we never considered TW discontinued ).
5. Since you can't ever build a stable and nice house if you lack a strong and stable foundation have the patience to wait and see for that foundation to be laid down.
* even if that fix on foundation is related to Immersion or like Fixing a supporting npc for a quest that was lacking quotes or abilities .
Keep tuned for sneak peaks.

Fárlight

#68 » Post by Fárlight » 30 Aug 2018 21:56

Maybe start getting more players on main realms before you gonna add 1 more and splitt the population even more.
PW:
Farlight level 70 warrior Arms
TW:
I don't have any chars

Jiranthos
Admin

#69 » Post by Jiranthos » 31 Aug 2018 08:14

It's resources we do not have. I love the idea and I would love to spin all kinds of realms up for all kinds of people but we don't have anyone to dev and manage all of it for extended periods of time. Two realms for such a small team is already a lot.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

loveable

#70 » Post by loveable » 31 Aug 2018 15:05

you guys talking about how staff team is small and there is not enough dev
but the fact is pop is smaller :lol:
you guys should wory about pop , then new realm and dev's :lol: :roll: :roll:

kurthos

#71 » Post by kurthos » 31 Aug 2018 17:07

I think we would be able to bring resources (money, manpower, players) to the table that are currently being unaccounted within the context of this proposed new project. I know its a gamble, but I don't think you have as much to lose as you might think.

If we are unable to deliver, the realm never gets released and nothing comes of it.

If we are able to deliver, potential growth exists for our community that we haven't seen in years.

Jiranthos
Admin

#72 » Post by Jiranthos » 31 Aug 2018 18:01

kurthos wrote:
31 Aug 2018 17:07
I think we would be able to bring resources (money, manpower, players) to the table that are currently being unaccounted within the context of this proposed new project. I know its a gamble, but I don't think you have as much to lose as you might think.

If we are unable to deliver, the realm never gets released and nothing comes of it.

If we are able to deliver, potential growth exists for our community that we haven't seen in years.
It kind of looks to me like you are going to bring your own team, your own capital your own investment and your own design and everything... So it would seem like that realm would be run pretty independently by you guys but under the TW name?
I still haven't got a clear picture of how this all is envisioned for you guys.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

kurthos

#73 » Post by kurthos » 31 Aug 2018 18:30

Ideally, we would be bringing in people to support all the current realms which would be enough to free up manning to also provide support to the new realm.

Developement resources would be minimal compared to current PrimalTBC according to both Natnat and Spec. Of course it would be up to them as to whether they would want to assist. I would be handling design decisions, public relations, advertisement, fundraising, and staff recruitment for the new realm. Those would be duties not expected to be handled by anyone else.

I would need support for the new realm in the form of armory integration and website integration (not neccesary until there is time to do so). I would be supplying a few bodies to assist with tickets and transfers for all realms so I would hope that existing game masters would also assist with the new realm.

As far as fundraising is concerned, I would be willing to front the money to move to a better host and I have others who are also willing to donate to this cause for the long term.

I don't have the expectation that this new project would open within the next 6 months. I would want to work on it until it was ready. If that takes a year, thats completely fine.

If I were to open this project on my own, it would be less than half of what it could be if it were to be opened here. That is because the players within this community are what make it great. I think there are players who once played here who are lurking around reminiscing on what PrimalWoW was before and would easily be pulled back into the fold. TrueWoW has been built up over years of hard work, I'm not trying to do anything but contribute in a way I feel can help the community grow and catch the eye of the greater private server community again.

Nyeriah

#74 » Post by Nyeriah » 31 Aug 2018 22:52

Kurthos has the determination and the networking skills to make it happen, it's already quite proven by the fact this thread has received the attention it has been receiving. I honestly believe this could work.
“All your life, you will be faced with a choice. You can choose love or hate…I choose love.”
― Johnny R. Cash

:heart:

Dunkelstein

#75 » Post by Dunkelstein » 01 Sep 2018 00:05

Nyeriah wrote:
31 Aug 2018 22:52
Kurthos has the determination and the networking skills to make it happen, it's already quite proven by the fact this thread has received the attention it has been receiving. I honestly believe this could work.
It could work with you on board
Aka Funkelstein