#31 » Post by Dunkelstein » 28 Aug 2018 17:58

That is not what Spectrez is saying...
Aka Funkelstein

Relykia

Re: Release New Primal Vanilla realm

#32 » Post by Relykia » 28 Aug 2018 18:33

Spectrez wrote:
28 Aug 2018 13:40
While i agree it would cause some strain on the current servers as it would spread out our already limited resources, i would just like to add it wouldnt be a difficult task to get working, even with it being built on our current core.

We would have to do some testing and some digging for the old fixes but other than that it shouldnt be too bad, Vanilla content is cake to code compared to wotlk or tbc.
Curious about something that you said. When you said, "it wouldn't be a difficult task to get working..." Does this mean working as in actually being playable or working as in this is being held together by bubblegum and string but it's working?

Sorry if I may sound skeptical, I'm just used to dealing with people that love to double talk. Then it comes full circle and the person gets hit from behind with the: "You just asked for it to work. You never asked it to be playable."

Not saying that is the case at all in what you said, just curious as to what you mean.

Oscar
Banned

#33 » Post by Oscar » 28 Aug 2018 19:08

Many people would join the new server including me

Eronox
MVP

#34 » Post by Eronox » 28 Aug 2018 19:11

Oscar wrote:
28 Aug 2018 19:08
Many people would join the new server including me
but you're banned baby

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Spectrez
Collaborator

#35 » Post by Spectrez » 28 Aug 2018 19:16

Relykia wrote:
28 Aug 2018 18:33
Curious about something that you said. When you said, "it wouldn't be a difficult task to get working..." Does this mean working as in actually being playable or working as in this is being held together by bubblegum and string but it's working?

Sorry if I may sound skeptical, I'm just used to dealing with people that love to double talk. Then it comes full circle and the person gets hit from behind with the: "You just asked for it to work. You never asked it to be playable."

Not saying that is the case at all in what you said, just curious as to what you mean.
Making it work wouldnt be difficult, making it good enough would take some time indeed, theres alot of things that would need to get retweaked and recoded to work again.

But its not as daunting as it might appear, but we do lack people to actually do it. hopefully in time we would be able to obtain some more team members willing to work on such a project

Relykia

#36 » Post by Relykia » 28 Aug 2018 19:19

Thank you for clearing that up.

Vynlandish

#37 » Post by Vynlandish » 28 Aug 2018 19:50

big upvote +1

natnat123
Former Staff

#38 » Post by natnat123 » 29 Aug 2018 06:19

"Mr Roel, Primal-WoW was and still is the only server of its kind that have not failed" Right in the feels

Celerity

#39 » Post by Celerity » 29 Aug 2018 07:05

Helo friends,

I come to you in support of this idea for many reasons, not just that I spent some time here enjoying the unique experience that was progression on Primal. This server allowed the most magnificent of communities to arise, and a tight-knit one at that. I met some people here and have experiences here that I value over some that I've known for nearly 20 years. Kurthos stepping up to ask this triggered something in me that's been weighing heavy on my mind as well.

I've never experienced the joy that a game like this could give and I would support a relaunch of Primal Vanilla 100%. I can't play anywhere else and feel like I'm really committing. It's hard to admit that, especially since I helped lead groups to raid on other servers. Primal is my home. I haven't been able to successfully do anything close to the shenanigans we used to enjoy late night NA times like Drunk UBRS or just conversing excitedly about a common goal like progressing on Huhuran or speed run attempts, racing multiple 20 man teams against each other, the list goes on. This server did it in a way that I can't enjoy WoW the same way on other servers. I always feel like I'm missing something, and no it's not just RDF. ;)

Please consider our request for this, I think I speak for a lot of us that want this kind of gaming experience again.

-Whammy

P.S.: I'd be interested to know what the financial demands would be to provide this service.
P.S.S.: I understand there's a staffing need as well. I'd help there too but I don't know anything about the back end of the game other than just reporting bugs.
Whammy - Hunter

Dunkelstein

#40 » Post by Dunkelstein » 29 Aug 2018 07:58

Everyone in this thread: "Vanilla Primal was the best wow experience ever!"
Also literally everyone in this thread: Quit for Warmane (out of all choices) at T2/ZG release, or didn't play until after AQ release
Me:

Did nobody notice the pattern of comebacks after second raid release of every expansion? Same thing in wotlk btw, except the drought is toc but that is still technically the second tier because naxx was recycled.

Black Temple is about to release and it's already in a better state than vanilla naxx was :roll:
Aka Funkelstein

kurthos

#41 » Post by kurthos » 29 Aug 2018 08:59

@dunk i would say that the reasons people left at that time were associated with the attitudes that the staff had towards Primal at that time.

Most staff were not on board with Primal at its release. They had seperate websites, developers and staff didn't actively play on PrimalWoW until AQ40. Content wasnt being tested prior to release at the same level as it is now.

Players left when ZG and BWL were released in very unacceptable states. I think without that exodus of players, staff attitudes would never have changed.

Dunkelstein

#42 » Post by Dunkelstein » 29 Aug 2018 09:25

@kurthos I had atleast 2 devs that I knew of active in my guild, and content was tested at the same level as now, I know because I was one of the few who had TR access before it was made public.

You're trying to twist this around from abandoning the server to helping it, lmao I really don't know what to say
Aka Funkelstein

Almsivi
Former Staff

#43 » Post by Almsivi » 29 Aug 2018 09:37

I doubt I'd play but if there was 3rd realm to be launched but I can help with db fixing. Truewow realms have always been my wow home after all.
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.
~Niccolo Machiavelli

kurthos

#44 » Post by kurthos » 29 Aug 2018 10:32

I had access to the tester forums section after ZG release. I made more bug reports for vanilla content that any other single user, which can be searched on the bugtracker.

BWL released in a state where you couldn't even kill Razorgore, effectively locking the entire instance that had just released. I posted about this issue specifically in a thread in that forum section which I no longer have access to.

ZG released in September 2015 with a mana debuff which effected dps spells which caused most players playing certain classes such as Shadow Priest or Moonkin to outright leave the server.

Im not trying to sling mud, but I think we remember quite different experiences.

Dunkelstein

#45 » Post by Dunkelstein » 29 Aug 2018 11:25

kurthos wrote:
29 Aug 2018 10:32
I had access to the tester forums section after ZG release. I made more bug reports for vanilla content that any other single user, which can be searched on the bugtracker.
Yup and everyone who still has access to the old threads on the tester forum can see that most of the testing/reporting/tracking was actually done outside of the bugtracker because at the time nobody was familiar with the mantis platform.
kurthos wrote:
29 Aug 2018 10:32
Im not trying to sling mud, but I think we remember quite different experiences.
Dito, I can count the persons who I have personal issue with on one hand and none of them are online related. But I call out BS when I see it, not for my sake. If you yourself always believe everything you say here then you should really surround yourself with more than just your yes-men, it seems to me like sometimes you get lost in your own PR campaigns.
Aka Funkelstein